Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ah Kirby , I'm disappointed to hear you still use turbo. Come on man your one of our top guys, your better then this. :(

Sairus wrote: »
    My housemate was playing the other day and kept going on about how he was getting destroyed by some Irish Cody player. Turned out it was Bush, so good job demoralizing my housemate there! =D

Ah jaysus, will yea ever tell your house mate to man up and get involved with the scene. Tis mental having two people mad into the game , living together, yet only one gets involved in the scene. I mean wtf..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, will yea ever tell your house mate to man up and get involved with the scene. Tis mental having two people mad into the game , living together, yet only one gets involved in the scene. I mean wtf..
    Dont have to tell me man. He had basically commited to going to the Super event and then turned around the night before. It was really quite annoying.
    Not a hope of getting him to go to any once we get back to Galway I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good games to everyone tonight. Sagat06, nice Ibuki, some nice combos! Also finally got to play Jimeatsmenu which was a good laugh. If there was n o lag I would probably have had my ass handed to me.

Lots of very good Irish players roaming around.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just had some really fun Ibuki mirrors with Sagat.

Had some good fights with Araforn too. I think Chun might have come off the worse of the buffing with Guile!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just had some really fun Ibuki mirrors with Sagat.

Had some good fights with Araforn too. I think Chun might have come off the worse of the buffing with Guile!

Chun/guile match was really close again and yep,looks like it's gonna be tougher from here on in against u :( .u raped me when I was Adon. He doesn't seem to have any way in against guile, although I'm only just learning him. Quiker charge time on those booms is a killer!!.

My Xbox died soon after those matchs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

GGs to Fletcher183 and KOOne,

Koone your net was pretty messed up yeah, have you tried putting your PS3 on a DMZ? What ISP are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Played Bush80 earlier, good stuff!

Why is that most connections I seem to get with Irish folk are horrible laggy crap games? Played a few Irish lads and it was just terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Why is that most connections I seem to get with Irish folk are horrible laggy crap games? Played a few Irish lads and it was just terrible!

Apologies if any of those games were against Sairus lllumina. My connection has suddenly gone to **** recently and keeps dropping games - though as far as I can tell it's not actually laggy in those games. Quite annoying.

Also, GG's to Bush80 and AYJAYIRL, I bump into yee a lot and they're always fun games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to bourkinator last night. Very solid player.

BTW, if anyone sees me playing as Dan, it's not a taunt. I actually play as him regularly. When I bought SFA2 on the SNES, he was my main character, not knowing that he was supposed to be a joke character lol.

Finished all of DJs trials last night. Theres a very nice old school SSF2T feel from him. Very satisfying and his alt. costume is my favorite in the game. However, I'm having trouble pulling of his U2. Its the same motion as Guile U1 which I have no problem with whatsoever. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GG's to AYJAYIRL / Doom,

Zoned the bejaysus out of me, by god there was rage.

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    GG's to AYJAYIRL / Doom,

Zoned the bejaysus out of me, by god there was rage.

To be fair I don't think there's too much Honda's got against Guile in Super. I like Ibuki's zoning game too, tis awesome.

Interestingly enough I happened accross you in an endless battle where you were fighting Chris McMahon (another potential top tier Northern player) who countered picked you with Guile.

You kicked the CRAP out of him. I was laughing away to myself, I love seeing people who've "learned" Guile against me fight other ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

GGs to blag and Ayjay.

Juri is weird to fight against. I couldn't punish the dive kick with super for some reason. I assume I was just messing it up. Have to say she seems very linear and boring.

Gawd Blag showed me how bad my Dee Jay is. Got put some more practise in.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

To be fair I don't think there's too much Honda's got against Guile in Super. I like Ibuki's zoning game too, tis awesome.

Interestingly enough I happened accross you in an endless battle where you were fighting Chris McMahon (another potential top tier Northern player) who countered picked you with Guile.

You kicked the CRAP out of him. I was laughing away to myself, I love seeing people who've "learned" Guile against me fight other ones :)
    I guess if nothing else, I have to say thank you for being such a bastard of a Guile player. Unless they really know their **** like yourself, I always completely outplay people who counter pick me on purpose with Guile. Watching them trying to zone me is pretty pityful, and I'm always like "DooM wouldn't have done that", or "come on man, airthrow me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

GGs Orim and Ajyay earlier,I was playing even worse than usual with Juri but I started to get it together somewhat a bit later on.

You're probably right in saying she's a bit linear at the moment but I'm picking up new tricks every day.

Ggs to Azza and Araforn too,those were some interesting Juri/Adon matches after Azza left.Must have another set sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

blag wrote: »
    GGs Orim and Ajyay earlier,I was playing even worse than usual with Juri but I started to get it together somewhat a bit later on.

You're probably right in saying she's a bit linear at the moment but I'm picking up new tricks every day.

Ggs to Azza and Araforn too,those were some interesting Juri/Adon matches after Azza left.Must have another set sometime soon.

It's not you. I was playing with her in arcade mode and she just seems dull.
    As you say I'm sure more will come out as people put the time in with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good games to Hound and Elnoctor earlier.

I'm assuming Elnoctor was drunk as after he quit he sent me a message about shotos being cowards!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

blag wrote: »

Great games earlier man. I started out terrible but got it goin a bit later. Really enjoyed those games. Adon doesn't have a whole lot of options but those wall dives can be effective if timed right. He's very fun to play with though. U had me figured out near the end though.

Ggs to azza too. I fear I'm ****ed against bison now with that new ultra he has.

BanjoB wrote: »
    Ggs to azza too. I fear I'm ****ed against bison now with that new ultra he has.

he can be air thrown out of it...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

he can be air thrown out of it...
    Any air normal will beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

can he be hit out of it?

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    can he be hit out of it?

If a certain dictator can be believed, he only has 2 frames of invulnerability. I've certainly dodged and punished loads of times already.

Yeah as far as I'm aware it has like 2 frames on invincibility on start up so it will get him out of a meaty attack. It has full fireball invincibility for the entire duration of the move, but after the first 2 frames any normal or non fireball special will beat it.

Outside or a random, deperation ultra your not going to anti air it. He's going use as a punisher to certain moves and as a fireball counter.

Azza wrote: »
    Outside or a random, deperation ultra your not going to anti air it. He's going use as a punisher to certain moves and as a fireball counter.

Is the Kikoken quick enough to jump after like the boom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Azza wrote: »

Ye thats what i was thinking. It doesnt matter that you can be hit out of it unless you like to do random ultras.

No Chun's fastest fireballs (MP and HP) are 8 frames slower than Guiles slowest Boom (Ex.Sonic Boom) and those 2 don't even go full screen.

Here EX and LP fireballs are 3 frames slower than that.

Its tight enough, but if Bison keeps buffering the first part of the ultra then he can ultra her on reaction.

From my experience once an opponent gets caught one or twice with ultra 2 they stop throwing fireballs out except very very randomly and not as part of a zoning runaway game.

Pro tip.
    Bison's ultra 2 can not cross up if he performs it a full screen away so just hold back. If you do decide to jump your adding at least the jump pre frames (of which there is 4) and potentially one or two airborne frames he can catch you in. If you must jump then neutral jump so you can punish him on the way down. If you block you can take some chip damage but the ultra has like 20+ frames of recovery for you to punish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I take it if he does it right in front of you it has to crossup?

At point blank range to very close up it always cross ups.

Bison does have ambigious ultra set ups off a Focus Attack crumple and his jumping medium punch.

Basically he can do an air reset off each of them and then do ultra 2. You can't jump out of the way of these as you don't have time so you need to block but Bison can make it a 50/50 like Blanka can with his ultra set up so your basically left guessing which way to block. He can come down right on top of them making it really hard to spot which way to block. In both of these situations he could go for a garunteed ultra without the resets but if he lands the ultra off the reset he avoids the damaging scaling and could score up 126 more damage. He can use the same resets with his new Psycho Crusher to cross his opponent up for more damage but in practise he would only do that off jumping MP as he better combo's for a focus crumple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

GGs to Xinkai, Jim, mr_kyle and a bunch of others from this afternoon. Highlights:

- Me and Kyle dizzying each other at the same time
    - Xinkai perfecting me one round, then me perfecting him the next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Yreval wrote: »
    GGs to Xinkai, Jim, mr_kyle and a bunch of others from this afternoon. Highlights:

- Me and Kyle dizzying each other at the same time
    - Xinkai perfecting me one round, then me perfecting him the next

Yeah yer sakura mirror match was great stuff to watch! Recorded it into me battle log! Had fun trying out Hakan against ye! I'm still getting to grips with his oil properties etc but I'm loving his super!

Advertisement