Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Horrible nights play from me tonight. Really starting to despise the game, so t's best to switch off. Ended on a replay upload win against a neo empire head though so not all bad.

Btw, check your battle logs, lots of turbo abusers out there.

GGs to anyone i played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Horrible nights play from me tonight. Really starting to despise the game, so t's best to switch off. Ended on a replay upload win against a neo empire head though so not all bad.

GGs to anyone i played.

Log on IRC, bunch of us playing other games than SF4 organised via there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to...

ATrak. Nice cassual games with different characters but things got serious when it turned to Honda v Ryu. Got some much needed practice against Honda and figured out a few things I didn't realise about that match-up. Very well played sir!

Sairus. What a great Rose. I am now quite confident about the match-up and I had a list of 8 things written down about not WHAT to do. Main notes were not to fireball at full screen, dont jump in unless to cross-up while on ultra, and pressure the sh1te out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Main notes were not to fireball at full screen, dont jump in unless to cross-up while on ultra, and pressure the sh1te out of her.
    Shhhhhh :pac:

Arr, cheers for the games. I could definitely see you figuring me out towards the end. One thing you should watch out for is how much you jump - if I had quicker reaction speeds you'd have been eating a lot of uppercuts.

Also GGs to Araforn. God that Chun-Li is annoying :D
    It really bugs me how common it is. Serious crutch if they ever go to local games. =/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sairus wrote: »
    Shhhhhh :pac:

Arr, cheers for the games. I could definitely see you figuring me out towards the end. One thing you should watch out for is how much you jump - if I had quicker reaction speeds you'd have been eating a lot of uppercuts.

I actually played an hour of games with Ryu without jumping last night which forced me to work on my ground game! Thanks for the advice!
    Sairus wrote: »
    It really bugs me how common it is. Serious crutch if they ever go to local games. =/

I've never looked but how do you spot in the battle logs if someone uses turbo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've never looked but how do you spot in the battle logs if someone uses turbo?

Watch the replays of the match, pause and set it to display player inputs.
    If the entire screen fills up with a single type of punch/kick whenever they try to hit you it's probably turbo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BanjoB wrote: »
    Great games with Atrak and doom earlier.
    Doom those games were tight as **** as usual.
    I'd say good games to doyler but we always play and I'd just be repeating myself. Good games anyway doyler :):)

Yeah bit of a mexican stalemate might emerge when I get good enough to punish kikoken with ultra reliably :)

You had the better of me last night, great matches though.

Oh and A-Trak.

Best

alt

EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good games to Bush, Araforn, BourketheJerk and Home made resin last night. That was one seriously endless battle :D

I was using my bros account, scooochie4. Playing hakan/hawk/rufus.

Gotta say, cody's block strings ending with criminal upper are so powerful and safe. Might play him seriously when i have more time

Edit: If anyone's up for a few games today on xbox360, add me (scooochie4)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Oh and A-Trak.

Best

alt

EVER

It is splendid isn't it, reckon I'm gonna give Ken a bit of play as a 2nd to Honda, he's great fun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    It is splendid isn't it, reckon I'm gonna give Ken a bit of play as a 2nd to Honda, he's great fun.

I was laughing my ass off when you were there spamming jab SRKs just like the real online thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Come on ...stick with the big tank characters with high damage output..its all you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    Good games to Bush, Araforn, BourketheJerk and Home made resin last night. That was one seriously endless battle :D

I was using my bros account, scooochie4. Playing hakan/hawk/rufus.

Gotta say, cody's block strings ending with criminal upper are so powerful and safe. Might play him seriously when i have more time

Edit: If anyone's up for a few games today on xbox360, add me (scooochie4)

Oh that was you? I had a good little lobby going last night alright.
    Ye his lp criminal upper is fairly safe at max range as far as I can tell. Hes a pretty good character but he can be rushed down hard once he gets knocked down.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Oh that was you?

Yep, was gonna send you a message but you were playing 95% of the time so I didn't get a chance. :P

Hawk vs Blanka was a nightmare

animaX wrote: »

Hawk vs Blanka was a nightmare

:pac:

I was having a right laugh at that match. I was showing my house mate how free it was.

Come on ...stick with the big tank characters with high damage output..its all you know

Don't worry, Honda will still be there to take all your damage & taunts and still win.

Bush80 wrote: »
    :pac:

I was having a right laugh at that match. I was showing my house mate how free it was.

7-3 according to the iplaywinner list :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

GGs all, great to finally get some proper games in online :)

PPC wrote: »
    GG's to all.

Especially Bush, by jasus that cody is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A-Trak wrote: »
    GG's to all.

I would have liked a good game but after you ragequit on me, I kinda lost interest. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

PPC wrote: »
    I thought it was yourself. Sorry for running back to Honda, I'm two weeks out of practice after my finals, but they are DONE now :D

Let me see...

GGs to Sairus, always fun to play Rose. I can't believe that Ultra hit either :P

Good game to Bush, love to get a decent session in against you once I've brought my Cody up to about half your standard.

Think that's it. Oh, and thanks to the two English guys who played valiantly onwards in Endless allowing me to get my 10 in a row. Very noble of ye :D

• Advertisement

Played a load of people off here last night, ggs to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GGs with everyone at XGC today.

Had a good laugh.

I need to practice some more with Dee Jay, and maybe pick up another character as well so I'm not always just gettin' lost in da beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

GG to everyone at XGC, was good fun and helped me improve my Cody's ground game. ST was pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

GGs to d4rk onion, robbknoll and the akuma/dudley player if yer on here. Sorry man cant remember your xbl name.

Happy that when I did something with Hakan, he actually did the move! Not happy with my current level though. I am clueless against jump ins and I hate the panic that sets when I'm in the wall.

Slowly but surely improving with guy too. Just abit longer and I should be able to do a rising Izuna on reaction. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

GGs to d4rk onion, robbknoll and the akuma/dudley player if yer on here. Sorry man cant remember your xbl name.
    . :D
    I'd imagine that you're talking about junkbuster(doyler on boards)...

Ah, is that who junkbuster is? Good games man, been wondering about this mysterious Doyler character!

GGs to everyone I played today, too many to mention, and sorry to Bush about the lag. I'm going to go ahead and say that's the only way that ended up 2:2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Wonder no longer Onion.

I give you Doyler :

I wish I had a theme tune. He's cooler than Bang!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Haha cheers Orim!

Yeah GGs tonight to D4RK ONION, Generic Name and the other guy whose name I cant remember..
    Was nice to get a few games in against characters I have little experience against.

I was actually studying while waiting for my turn in endless. - 2 birds stoned at once

• Advertisement

I had to go with Honda to beat you most of the time. Good stuff. You coming to casuals on Tuesday?

Also, nice job on the study, good thinking!

Advertisement