Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Yreval wrote: »
    GGs to sagat08, Owwmykneecap and Araforn from yesterday.

Good games man. Excellent sakura I've got there. V nice combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

BanjoB wrote: »
    Good games man. Excellent sakura I've got there. V nice combos.

You braggart!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Ha, GGs man.

Compared to the 21 rounds you won in the other ryu v cammy matches!

Cobelcog wrote: »
    You braggart!

Lol.. Was supposed to be 'u've... Damn predictive text on iPhone. 'His' sakura had nice combos, mine is non existant. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yreval wrote: »
    GGs to sagat08, Owwmykneecap and Araforn from yesterday.

Yeah, had to get off, quick, Lady Vengence was starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

GG's to HandiCapanda, Azza and Ken B the other night, great to get some good Vega matchup experience as undeniably frustrating as it was lol. Also bad games to Cobelcog, for obvious reasons. :pac:

Ggs to Atrak just there. Fared a bit better than the last time we met. I need plenty Honda exp so I'll be hounding you for mote games :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yeah GG's,

You've leveled up your Ryu, far less jumping!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ggs to Atrak just there. Fared a bit better than the last time we met. I need plenty Honda exp so I'll be hounding you for mote games :-)

While we're at it I only got your message last night, if you want to learn how to fight Guile I would suggest asking or looking at fights between me and sisko or redman as both have a pretty good Guile and have plenty of doom experience too.

Also if you want to post in the match up thread I will tell you everything I can figure out about the match!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

GGs to Redman just there. Unfortunately (but very fortunate for me) I had to respond to an email about a job and do some research on it.

• Advertisement

Great games with dreddy earlier 2day. Damn awesome gief as usual man.

Really close games with speed haak too. U never seem to miss a link man.

Hope I don't run into either of yee next sat!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

As long as you look where you're going and don't run too fast you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Great games with dreddy earlier 2day. Damn awesome gief as usual man.

Really close games with speed haak too. U never seem to miss a link man.

Indeed my good man, great sets. That Chun-Li sure is hard to break. You're not so shabby with your links either, sure made for an interesting match-up that's for sure. Kudos to Sagat08 as well, who more or less obliterated me with that furry green **** Blanka :P Some nice cancels and tree-hoppin' going on there also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGS BanjoB, your chun iis very solid nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs Azza and Hound, was a bit one sided but good fun nonetheless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to revive this to say GGs to DooM (and apologies). Started off brightly and then decided to play pretty terribly - timing was off :( Also, didn't know how to deal with you actually moving forward considering your reputation :D

Followed that game up with a game against a poor Ken (who won...and then sent me a garbled message). Then turned Super off to dismember people in Prototype - feel a little better now!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Going to revive this to say GGs to DooM (and apologies). Started off brightly and then decided to play pretty terribly - timing was off :( Also, didn't know how to deal with you actually moving forward considering your reputation :D

Followed that game up with a game against a poor Ken (who won...and then sent me a garbled message). Then turned Super off to dismember people in Prototype - feel a little better now!

I wouldn't be too worried about your timing the network was uber spongey with lag!

Also, I will move forward in fights that I feel I will gain a tactical advantage in. This stuff about me never pushing forward is sooo vanilla SF4 :)

Good games to Atrak, Araforn, and LIFETRAP last night too. Especially enjoyed the fights with Araforn ( once again it looked like you kinda panicked in the last 2 fights when I went aggressive :D ) back and forward and close and always fun.!

you moving to Ken, A-trak?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GG to DooM and Araforn last week.

I'm really torn between Chun and Cammy now. I'm not at the stage where I'm able to FADC consistently (or at all online :o), and that is very useful for Cammy, but Chun doesn't suffer too much if you can't do it.

Good games to Atrak, Araforn, and LIFETRAP last night too. Especially enjoyed the fights with Araforn ( once again it looked like you kinda panicked in the last 2 fights when I went aggressive :D ) back and forward and close and always fun.!

Yeah gg's games as usual man.. Yeah im eatin too may booms and pokes when i stop being patient. If i had a penny for each time id focus a couple of booms and lose all that grey damage to an ex boom!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

ggs to doom, orim, atrak and ken. Havent had a good irish lobby going in awhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Finally got to fight the (in)famous DooM, had a couple decent matches but I was seriously struggling to keep my game face on. After a couple rounds I was fluffing inputs and doing stupid **** out of sheer boredom!

Require. More. Discipline.

Wax on, wax off...

Bush80 wrote: »

Sorry I couldn't stay longer. I was weirdly in demand last night. Not used to people wanting to play with me.
    Finally got to fight the (in)famous DooM, had a couple decent matches but I was seriously struggling to keep my game face on. After a couple rounds I was fluffing inputs and doing stupid **** out of sheer boredom!

Require. More. Discipline.

Wax on, wax off...

You were flash kicking any bit of aggression I made so I had to go defensive and force you to move. A Guile mirror is THE most boring thing on the planet, at least there's the chicken aspect to Honda mirrors.

GG's to future guy, (really getting quite dangerous, you need to use heavy tatsu to punish boom light won't do it) Chris, (Pity about the lag, I was missing stuff and I could see you too) A trak, orim, and everyone else. :)

Bush80 wrote: »

There was actually another one going as well which I was in for a bit.

I think 4 players best of three rounds is the non boredom sweet spot for lobbies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

GGs to Bush(great Cody stuff), Orim and the elusive Chunkis(some very intense battles).

And especially to A-trak, those spa randoms were great fun, especially when we destroyed any stranger foolish enough to join the lobby with our mains!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

you moving to Ken, A-trak?

Nah, he's just fun to use, especially when you can get in on someone in seconds after playing Hondas slowly slowly patient game.

Kara throw shenanigans are good craic too,

GG's to Bush, Ken, Lifetrap, Orim & banjoB over the last 2 nights.

GG's to future guy, (really getting quite dangerous, you need to use heavy tatsu to punish boom light won't do it)

Hey Doom,
    Thanks for the games last night. Didn't do as well as I hoped in terms of execution but winning a game was a big step forward for me. Analysed the matches last night and can see where I need to play a little tighter. The positives I drew from the game was escaping from corner traps, anti-air throw tatsus and linking quite well. Also threw in p.linking later on. The negatives were the random l.srks (although they have been reduced), being caught by booms I really should avoid and missing my fadc ultras which I am hitting 60-65% of the time in random online play.

After our set, I went 13-1 by being as patient in those games as I was in yours. Punish any mistakes with the most damaging combo I can land and stop jumping in unless they have poor anti-air or to cross up. Went from 4600 to 5025 and a B Ryu.

A Guile mirror is THE most boring thing on the planet

Don't I know it, was going to change char after the first couple games just to mix it up but I don't put much faith in anyone but the family man.

Will have to get a couple more when demand isn't quite so high. Patience and consistency have always been my weakest areas, playing you will either remedy that or reduce me to a gibbering mess. :pac:

This is great lads you're making me look like a super ninja oracle teacher street fighter player. :)

I'd say you're more like one of those Zelda or Metroid bosses that teach a very specific lesson.

OMG USE THE THERMAL VISOR TO SEE HIS WEAKNESS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to Azza earlier, its easy to see why we're sending you to EVO after playing you and that I've still got a lot to learn myself. The fact that the host ( hand made rasin ) threw me out after a while wasn't cool, though.

Advertisement