Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

I'd put it at 5:5.

I think you need to capitalise on Guiles weak wake up game more when you get a knock down.
    i know how to beat him, its getting in thats the problem, his air throw is insanely good.
    we should get a full irish lobby set up sometime, all mics on etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

That happens a lot , hop into the IRC to get some games going http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=116

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to Chris, worst lag I have experienced in ages buy it's clear your Ken is very good.

Also GGs to Davey909 who I met in Ranked. Given his ability, I'm surprised he doesn't post here more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GGs last night to Sabre and Mr. K... that was a nice random endless session.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GG's to Kirby last night.

The "aggressive Guile" experiment continues to go well, landed a few nasty big damage corner combos.

You're so quick with that U2 with Sim, my jaw dropped when you landed it in the middle of a cocked up block string!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

GGs to irish people I played last night.

Made the mistake of jumping into a ranked game against Bush. His Cody did some bad things to me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GGs to Chris, worst lag I have experienced in ages buy it's clear your Ken is very good.

Also GGs to Davey909 who I met in Ranked. Given his ability, I'm surprised he doesn't post here more often.

at least we got 3 or 4 lag free games :), after that it was tranquilizers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GG's to Kirby last night.

The "aggressive Guile" experiment continues to go well, landed a few nasty big damage corner combos.

You're so quick with that U2 with Sim, my jaw dropped when you landed it in the middle of a cocked up block string!

Thanks. Aye the instant Ultra 2 is important for sim. But what you didn't notice was the ten times i whiffed the motion and get hit for massive damage :D.

Got matched against Sagat06 in random ranked today. Managed to beat his blanka but I've not clue how tbh. I still seem to muddle my way through the blanka fight and I'm never sure what distance I should be at. A bit like cammy. Probably why both characters beat me alot. :o

On the plus side, I'm getting better against Balrog who used to frustrate me alot in Vanilla. So good news for the sim there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

FutureGuy wrote: »

GG the other day man. Yeah, I read this forum regularly enough, I should probably make more of an effort to post here more often.

Thanks for the compliment but I wouldn't rate myself all that highly, though I do know that ryu match-up fairly well :)

Davey909 wrote: »
    Thanks for the compliment but I wouldn't rate myself all that highly, though I do know that ryu match-up fairly well :)

I like to play people who know how to beat Ryu. It makes me improve much faster as I dont . We must have a few sets with Ryu v Blanka. It's a match-up I need to get decent at.

• Advertisement

Good games to Future Guy, Red, and especially Sagat.

Haven't laughed that much playing SF in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GGs to all
    and to all who viewed my fierce beatdown

p.s i let ry win, cause of his rage, u know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

GGs to Ry, unky chop chop, A-Trak and anyone else I forgot.

It seems like I'm still a while off from mastering Juri, a humiliating double perfect defeat empathised this to me. Calls for a hell of a lot more practice on my part, thanks for the tips from the webchat though, much appreciated.

Lol ggs.

GGs to Ry, unky chop chop, A-Trak and anyone else I forgot.

It seems like I'm still a while off from mastering Juri, a humiliating double perfect defeat empathised this to me. Calls for a hell of a lot more practice on my part, thanks for the tips from the webchat though, much appreciated.

i was farzadq
    gg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

a humiliating double perfect defeat empathised this to me.

Hehehe sorry about that Misty.GG's to all. Sorry didn't get to play you Farz as had to leave. Next time

Hehehe sorry about that Misty.GG's to all. Sorry didn't get to play you Farz as had to leave. Next time

you dont wanna play me man,
    im too fierce

who was that other guy beasting you
    as soon as i had a match with him i get consecutive txts of ry

"Your ****ed now"

"hahahahah hes gonna get you"

after my beasting

"Fairplay"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Airthrow into sunglasses I cannot tell you how happy that made me :D

ggs

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Airthrow into sunglasses I cannot tell you how happy that made me :D

ggs

Ha

airthrow

glasses

airthrow

glasses

airthrow

taunt

airthrow

taunt
    :D

GGs to KenB there, a nice set with a good variety of characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sagat06 wrote: »
    GGs to KenB there, a nice set with a good variety of characters.
    That was great fun, especially when we were beating the randomers who were obviously using their mains!

Your overall ability with so many characters puts me to shame....

There were a couple of good Dan matches in there to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

ggs to imbrianblessed the last day.his bison absolutely crushed my blanka and my self confidence:confused:

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    ggs to imbrianblessed the last day.his bison absolutely crushed my blanka and my self confidence:confused:

lol

Least there isn't videos of hiim killing you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I should probably say GG's to Bush GobbleCock A-Trak UnkyChopChop Red and MistyChaos and last and very much the least to Farz.

Been an interesting week in the lobby's practically every night with you lads.

Also with the irc banter.

Was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

So why are you selling your stick and game then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I must say good games to Terry who destroyed me the other night. Damn that Rufus. I honestly never really came across a good one and I dont know what to do. Dive kick to either throw or ex messiah kick gets me every time.
    Try to tech and you get an ex Messiah to the face. Block and you get thrown..repeat.

There must be some option select to stuff it and when I find it your going down

There must be some option select to stuff it and when I find it your going down

Not exactly specific but a good starting point here

Ry wrote: »
    I should probably say GG's to Bush GobbleCock A-Trak UnkyChopChop Red and MistyChaos and last and very much the least to Farz.

Been an interesting week in the lobby's practically every night with you lads.

Also with the irc banter.

Was fun!

i TAUGHT you this game
    jog on mate.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Rufus' Dive Kick will beat crouch tech option select because of its airborne properties I'm afraid.

Some character can OS between crouch teching and and an using a normal as an anti air move to stuff Dive Kicks. Cammy is one where she can option select between crouch tech and c.hp to beat Dive Kick and Cannon Strike. Guile I believe has the same option.

Ken may be able to do the same with his c.hp. It should be fast enough with a 5 frame start up. After that I guess it depends on the hitbox of Kens c.hp.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Guile I believe has the same option.

there's a video floating around of Lamerboi using the cr hp tech throw os to great effect on Wong with Guile v Rufus.

Must get a few games with Terrence and try it out.

Advertisement