Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Cheers Sagat08.

AHAA just found out what my problem is. I crouch option select with Ken all the time but my issue with Rufus was that i was blocking high for his dive kicks meaning i couldn't crouch option select leaving me open to a messiah kick if i tried a normal tech

I just found out you a juicy nugget of info that can block them low if you want( Is this true?)...it just felt natural to block em high

Maybe not ,Sorry just read your post Azza..so it stuffs crouching OS tech also...balls

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Rufus' Dive Kick can be blocked low just like Cammy's Cannon Strike so its better to block them low. Blocking low does increase the change of them cross you up though. Still better to block low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

There must be some option select to stuff it and when I find it your going down

NO. There is none of that option selecting **** so stop looking for it. Option select is for cheats! Everyone else, shut up with your advice against divekicks :P

Haha, good games though. There were a couple that i didn't deserve to win but rufus' god-like everything pulled me through.

Edit: I'll be online today as scooochie4 if anyone comes across that name

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Best advice I can give against Rufus is pick Bison and press roundhouse alot.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Shut it Terry, I'll get to the bottom of your fat man tactics if it kills me.

Layer by layer I'll peel off and expose you. DON'T FIGHT IT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Best advice I can give against Rufus any character in the game is pick Bison and press roundhouse alot.

That is all.

Fixed, as they say, your post.

Azza wrote: »
    Best advice I can give against Rufus is pick Bison and press roundhouse alot.

That is all.

The annoying thing is that this actually works!
    Shut it Terry, I'll get to the bottom of your fat man tactics if it kills me.

Layer by layer I'll peel off and expose you. DON'T FIGHT IT

Then i'll just change up my shenanigans! There is no end to rufus' mind games options ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

lol @ the 'how to beat Terry' thread. Terry your in for it now muahhahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'll throw some ggs out to AnimaX and Ian McTetly (he even post on here?).

Didn't send any before I left because frankly I was too steaming, had to go a wee walk to cool down. Was having one of those sessions where the game just refuses to let me tech throws (can mash it all I want, gettin' thrown), the more it happened the more pissed I got and by the last couple games I was punching the wall more than pressing the buttons. :o

Came back had another set, could tech throws fine (much less bloody obvious ones at that). Stupid game. :pac:

I'll throw some ggs out to AnimaX and Ian McTetly (he even post on here?).

Yeah good games! Was starting to get angry at those airthrows myself! Had to vary the jump arcs. By the way, just in case you were wondering, i didn't kick that honda player who joined. He won the match and then left for some reason. Was glad he left to be honest :P

Didnt get a chance to play mcTetly, finished up just as he joined my lobby.

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    a fellow Irish Keyboarder!

There is another? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Keyboard the musical instrument? Or playing Street Fighter with a keyboard?

I've tried playing on a keyboard, its not too bad. As long as you dont use Gief

Good games to bush last nite. First time we've had a proper session. And i see one of the vids on your youtube channel, nice!

GG's to:

Bourkenator (serious improvement there)
    Scavenger (getting the hang of Guile, need moar booms!)
    Araforn (close as always, only fight where I use fast boom instead of
    slow)
    10mmbullets(only got a couple in)
    Gory Snake (pwned me at the start but it got really back and forth once I figured out what Cody's got :) )

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Good Games to Doom, Bourkenator, Araforn and Scavenger. Always good to get Guile practice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    Good games to bush last nite. First time we've had a proper session. And i see one of the vids on your youtube channel, nice!

Ye ggs, learned some stuff about rufus. Im uploading 2 videos, a win each of course :pac:
    I think it was about even at the end anyway

It's hard to keep picking Guile with Doom around - those boom wars will destroy your head. :pac:

Tried to mix it up with some Cody but didn't have a clue WTF I was doing, picked U2 one match and realised at the VS screen I didn't even know the command!

Don't know what to do when everyone starts picking random characters, still serious business or what? I usually start playing like some random guy in ranked when that happens.

Don't know what to do when everyone starts picking random characters, still serious business or what?

A lot of people like to use other characters just to work on execution or to get an insight into matchups from another point of view. Still serious, unless it gets to dan territory :pac:

It's hard to keep picking Guile with Doom around - those boom wars will destroy your head. :pac:

Tried to mix it up with some Cody but didn't have a clue WTF I was doing, picked U2 one match and realised at the VS screen I didn't even know the command!

Don't know what to do when everyone starts picking random characters, still serious business or what? I usually start playing like some random guy in ranked when that happens.

Do whatever you want, I change it up for fun and for practice sometimes. Doesn't mean you have to :)

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye ggs, learned some stuff about rufus. Im uploading 2 videos, a win each of course :pac:
    I think it was about even at the end anyway

Here's a round that stood out for me. I could have done 4 ex tornado's and would still have been able to land ultra!! Kept forgetting about wakeup zonk knuckle though, should have finished with dive-kick messiah. I laughed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Yeah good games to
    Doom - you out played me in yesterdays games but v close as usual man.
    Scavenger - nice solid guile, didnt get to play many.
    GorySnake - Really excellent Cody, could see why u did well in the last inferno
    and Bourkenator the other night in a separate lobby, was playing well till that German guy came and took us all out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

BanjoB wrote: »
    was playing well till that German guy came and took us all out!!
    What German guy? Out of interest...

Ken B wrote: »
    What German guy? Out of interest...

Can't remember his tag. He was messin with other characters but when he switched to ryu it was curtains.:(

BanjoB wrote: »
    Can't remember his tag. He was messin with other characters but when he switched to ryu it was curtains.:(
    I was just thinking that I played some German called 'Insomnia' something or other. Very, very, very good player but a total rage-quitting spunktard at the same time. eg: He'd rage quit if he lost and would rejoin the lobby immediately afterwards(with no loss on record).....a rare breed of ****-stain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

that is mad :confused:

wtf is wrong with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I was just thinking that I played some German called 'Insomnia' something or other. Very, very, very good player but a total rage-quitting spunktard at the same time. eg: He'd rage quit if he lost and would rejoin the lobby immediately afterwards(with no loss on record).....a rare breed of ****-stain.

That fella used to be on my friends list and he used to ragequit the whole time in player matches on me and evetually deleted me off his list :pac:

Bush80 wrote: »
    That fella used to be on my friends list and he used to ragequit the whole time in player matches on me and evetually deleted me off his list :pac:
    Glad I wasn't imagining it...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

anybody fought a german guile player called kanibistro? he ripped my head off like!!!!!!!!!!! amazing gulie player. think i fought that ryu guy before, have you guys noticed the germans have a very different playstyle? footsie nation and they never jump.....ever.

A lot of good Goukens as well, must be something to do with their discipline and organization etc!

• Advertisement

A lot of good Goukens as well, must be something to do with their discipline and organization etc!

Didn't do them much good against Spain this evening :D

Advertisement