Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

Good games to Gorysnake, Doom, Araforn, Animax, Speedhack, Ian McTetly and everyone else I played recently.
    BanjoB wrote: »
    was playing well till that German guy came and took us all out!!

Hope I don't play him again, after the match tonight he'll be out for revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

Azza wrote: »
    Rufus' Dive Kick will beat crouch tech option select because of its airborne properties I'm afraid.

Some character can OS between crouch teching and and an using a normal as an anti air move to stuff Dive Kicks. Cammy is one where she can option select between crouch tech and c.hp to beat Dive Kick and Cannon Strike. Guile I believe has the same option.

Ken may be able to do the same with his c.hp. It should be fast enough with a 5 frame start up. After that I guess it depends on the hitbox of Kens c.hp.

i found this on srk in relation to bison(posted by mikehascookies). dont know if its bison specific or if it even works but........

"Against rufus dive kick pressure, standing short is your best defense. It's fast, and has a high hitbox. You can option select it with a throw tech by plinking from short to jab."

"Are you sure that works? I only got a (useless) kara throw when I tried this in practice, I have no idea how this is supposed to work in theory either."

"You need to time it so that you press short~jab as soon as you come out of block stun. If the rufus player goes for a dive kick, the short input (the first one it should read) will give you a standing short. If they go for a throw, the second part of the input (the short+the jab) will let you tech. You have to make sure that you aren't doing it too early, and aren't pressing the short+jab at the same time."

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Would plinking from jab to short for an OS tech work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

coboed guiles super into sonic hurricane today, looks biblical when it comes off, surprisingly easy too when you get the timing down, i would upload the video but the fight other than that combo is actually pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont know if we can be friends any more terry.
    thats all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    i dont know if we can be friends any more terry.
    thats all :(

I'm hurt, didn't even give me a ggs :(

This is what happens when you don't come to meetups for months ;)
    Also, i'm uploading that sly little taunt of yours :P

LMAO yeah upload that, nothing else jeez
    lol gg

had a a good few tough games against araforn/banjob earlier. very tight matches, they actually fried my scull they were so tight, chuns sweep is f*****g ridiculous.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GGs to cloudrunner and his friend, showing me that Makoto is very, very far from being my tourney main.

Learned some handy things about the match-ups though, brought Bison into the training room afterwards and figured out a few counters to his head stomps (inc. EX!)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

had a a good few tough games against araforn/banjob earlier. very tight matches, they actually fried my scull they were so tight, chuns sweep is f*****g ridiculous.

Yeah great games man.. Mind games the whole time. Your pressure game is ****in savage. Had to keep away and keep that df lk loaded.
    Great stuff. Should have recorded and uploaded a few actually.

• Advertisement

Yeah great games man.. Mind games the whole time. Your pressure game is ****in savage. Had to keep away and keep that df lk loaded.
    Great stuff. Should have recorded and uploaded a few actually.

if you have the means to go ahead. who won anyway, i was concentrating so hard i didnt even look. while on the subject of replays, im changing my xbox this friday to the new slim 1, will i lose any replays i have saved or are they tied to my gamertag?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

if you have the means to go ahead. who won anyway, i was concentrating so hard i didnt even look. while on the subject of replays, im changing my xbox this friday to the new slim 1, will i lose any replays i have saved or are they tied to my gamertag?

Once u keep your hardrive it'll be grand becos they're saved to that.

Once u keep your hardrive it'll be grand becos they're saved to that.

im not keeping my hardrive tho, its completely different on the new model.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

im not keeping my hardrive tho, its completely different on the new model.:(

You'll be able to swap it over using a USB key. Don't bother with the migration kit that Mircosoft will try and sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good games tonight to cobelcog (wait till i upload that one win i got out of 10!) and to the other lobby: bush, farzad, ayjay, robknoll and Gwano Loco (generic name01).

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Shame I jumped in so late. Had great fun online for a change! Never fought a rufus before so it was crazy trying to deal with his rushdown. Hes one scary character

just beat an english dhalsim called kay0l78, he had 11500 pp and seemed very good. then i got a message saying,
    "turbo player c**t, f**k you and your cheating"
    i dont use turbo, so i told him that and his explanation was the stream of kicks presses on the replay, has he not heard of mashing.......... which unfortunately im very guilty of.
    its a shame when you beat someone who has that many points fair and square and get accused of cheating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to SlurmsMcK, played him on ranked a number of times.

BGs to a NI player called Yammek. Set timer to 60 sec, got some early damage and spent 45 seconds running away with Adon. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FutureGuy wrote: »

Ooh that's me! What's your tag?

EDIT: *looks at sig* nevermind!

Ooh that's me! What's your tag?

EDIT: *looks at sig* nevermind!

i also played u the other day
    gg

farzadq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Placebo wrote: »
    i also played u the other day
    gg

farzadq

Yeah Chun I believe. Hate that bitch! Such a bad match for Abel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

BGs to a NI player called Yammek. Set timer to 60 sec, got some early damage and spent 45 seconds running away with Adon. Idiot.

Just played this Muppet and he tried the same on me.I mean, WHY BOTHER. Avoid like the plague

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Typical adon scrub tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Set timer to 60 sec, got some early damage and spent 45 seconds running away with Adon. Idiot.
    Why didn't I think of that.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Somebody out there doing us northern lads proud I see.

Probably needs something quick to occupy his time between painting sectarian graffiti and burgling pensioners. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

He just sent me a message saying im a ****** and what did I want him to do..Set it to 90 and turtle like all the Guiles and Balrogs.WHAAAT :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Golly IE

GG to Araforn and AyJay! Very good lobby :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GGs to Burning Eclipse today. Cammy is coming along nicely :)

Oh! I played this guy today. He caught me off guard in the first round. In the second round I discovered nj.Rh beats all him moves and then went on to troll him for the last round running away from him and taunting. The fun was had!

Golly IE wrote: »
    GG to Araforn and AyJay! Very good lobby :)

GG's to you too
    bit laggy, i didnt play well at all
    at all.

i was farzadq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Just played this Muppet and he tried the same on me.I mean, WHY BOTHER. Avoid like the plague

Fought this steamer last night. Thanks to ye I had warning and hopped in anyways. I'd typhoon after his jaguar tooth and then run away and taunt for good measure. Fair play is due that he kept letting me back in but I was hoping to get a message... No one ever sends me hatemail....:(

Advertisement