Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

GGs to Farz, Bush, Gorysnake and everyone else I played tonight.

Also, GGs to Owwmykneecap in MvC2, told you I'm pretty terrible at that game.

nah man its was good to get games without lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Ggs to Redman, such enjoyable matches, some really close games - nice to play a Cammy that doesn't mash all day! :pac:

GGs. I did eventually start mashing after a few games, only good tactic vs balrog :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to araforn. We had an absolute monster set of about 25 games (all Ryu V Chun) and I think I woun about 6 of those. However, many of them went down to the last round and even the last sliver of life.

Probably the best set I have had on SSF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GGs to araforn. We had an absolute monster set of about 25 games (all Ryu V Chun) and I think I woun about 6 of those. However, many of them went down to the last round and even the last sliver of life.

A marathon session the other night man!!. Some great games.

Don't think I've ever played someone that learns that quick. Had to change up tactics bout 3 times throughout the games. I'm not online as much as I'd like to be lately. Movin in with the Misus :eek:

I'll prob b on 2nite for a while though. Great games anyway. :D

BanjoB wrote: »
    A marathon session the other night man!!. Some great games.

Don't think I've ever played someone that learns that quick. Had to change up tactics bout 3 times throughout the games. I'm not online as much as I'd like to be lately. Movin in with the Misus :eek:

I'll prob b on 2nite for a while though. Great games anyway. :D

lol thanks, I was picking up a few things as we went along but the number of times I tried a collarbone breaker only to be met by a wakeup ex.sbk was rediculous though! Happy enough with my execution for the most part but I get really messy towards the end. Looking forward to having more games. I need practice against strong Chun-lis!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

25 matches? That's nothing, Bush and I must have played 50 odd matches over the space of about 3 and half hours last night. Best session I've had in Super yet, and has improved me to no end. GGs Bush :D Did you record any of them?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    25 matches? That's nothing, Bush and I must have played 50 odd matches over the space of about 3 and half hours last night. Best session I've had in Super yet, and has improved me to no end. GGs Bush :D Did you record any of them?

Had to be better, didn't you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I get that many matches in a month. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Ye sure ill upload a couple

At least one where I win, if you can find them >_<

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭chris mcmahon

had a brief session there with ian mc tetley, bush and bourkenator (i think they were the only people i fought), but it is nearly 3 in the morning and im shattered so i had to go, but ggs anyway.

Good hames to robknoll and generic name last night. Am pretty tired this morning but definitely worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Yeah man GGs! You've clearly been training at some secret dojo instead of going to casuals! Way more aggressive then I remember you being. Apologies for sh**y play on my part. There was a few times when I'd want an EXSPD and he'd lariat and I got in the silly mentality of I'M GONNA DO THAT MOVE TILL IT HAPPENS... :mad: Hopefully we can get another set in soon!

Yeah man GGs! You've clearly been training at some secret dojo instead of going to casuals! Way more aggressive then I remember you being. Apologies for sh**y play on my part. There was a few times when I'd want an EXSPD and he'd lariat and I got in the silly mentality of I'M GONNA DO THAT MOVE TILL IT HAPPENS... :mad: Hopefully we can get another set in soon!

I though you were solid last night. Be careful with the jump-ins with Zangief as I'm going to l.srk>h.srk/ex.had/super you when I get a chance. You were crossing up well. I'm no Zangief expert, but I would perservere with him as you have alot of his fundamentals already down.

Yeah Saturdays are busy for me at the moment, but I have been working on my links and my aggression is stemming frm the fact that I am beginning to feel comfortable with my execution in live play. I think I hit srk>FADC>Ultra about 6 times in the first 9 games which I am absolutely delighted about. I want to be able to switch seamless between defensive and offensive play when they situation warrants it.

We'll all definately have to have another few sets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I though you were solid last night. Be careful with the jump-ins with Zangief as I'm going to l.srk>h.srk

I taught you well, my son. :D

I taught you well, my son. :D

It's been an age since we played a game...we must rectify this. Will still get clattered, but hope to get less of a clattering this time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's been an age since we played a game...we must rectify this. Will still get clattered, but hope to get less of a clattering this time.

Out of the country. I'll be at my weakest at Inferno :( back the night before.

Plenty of time for games then.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

GGs Redman, Bush, Misty Chaos, bourkenator and Chris McMahon last night, needs less Blanka though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sorry for all the blanka last night lads :pac:.
    I was too tired to play anyone else, I usually dont use him much.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Nah it's great to get the matchup experience, you never ever play good Blankas online, and even though the match is in Rogs favour, I have no clue how to beat him consistently.

EDIT: Also, ggs to Blinn on 3s and blag on 3s and Alpha 2 - also was weirdly enjoyable on ST, you gotta take a beating to learn, so I guess I learnt a lot today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Yeah once you had ultra things got very difficult for me! Really gotta get my inputs down. Siberian blizzard would either not happen or happen much too late! Me and robbknoll were saying how your DP is nuts. I'd stand by expecting it and nothing would happen and the second I'd move or throw a punch you'd do it. Obviously you've cameras in my room... And I like that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bad games to GAR147. Turbo user and then sends messages (nasty messages :() when you refuse to play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

so anybody else constantly get kicked out of endless after a few wins or is it just me.....only start happening recently....maybe its my connection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

only if I pick blanka :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    so anybody else constantly get kicked out of endless after a few wins or is it just me.....only start happening recently....maybe its my connection
    Welcome to my world.........

@ZappBrannigan: The best way of dealing with Gar147 is to beat the tar out of him, works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I just make a habit or not playing unless I can get an endless with some recognisable decent ppl on my friendlist.

Causes a wild lack of practice but bugger it, I just can't be arsed interacting with the anonymous dregs of the internet.

Sagat06 wrote: »
    only if I pick blanka :(

I know that feeling. :( Putting all that work into a new character, but still having only one capable of winning anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I though you were solid last night. Be careful with the jump-ins with Zangief as I'm going to l.srk>h.srk/ex.had/super you when I get a chance. You were crossing up well. I'm no Zangief expert, but I would perservere with him as you have alot of his fundamentals already down.

Yeah Saturdays are busy for me at the moment, but I have been working on my links and my aggression is stemming frm the fact that I am beginning to feel comfortable with my execution in live play. I think I hit srk>FADC>Ultra about 6 times in the first 9 games which I am absolutely delighted about. I want to be able to switch seamless between defensive and offensive play when they situation warrants it.

We'll all definately have to have another few sets.

Ya man you have some serious reflexes and execution since we last played. I was borderline cracking up when i was getting hit out of know where with DPs until Generic told me it was you haha. I hate playin ryus in general but it was refreshing to play an aggresive one seen as i havent played you in ages.

Also like to add that i learned more from our matches about the ryu match up itself in those games than in weeks of playing them online.

Hope to see ya at casuals this week or inferno.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Ya man you have some serious reflexes and execution since we last played. I was borderline cracking up when i was getting hit out of know where with DPs until Generic told me it was you haha. I hate playin ryus in general but it was refreshing to play an aggresive one seen as i havent played you in ages.

Also like to add that i learned more from our matches about the ryu match up itself in those games than in weeks of playing them online.

Hope to see ya at casuals this week or inferno.

Ha, I didn't know Gwano Loco was him the first time we pleyed either! They joys of gamer tags. I like to play aggressively against Bisons but defensively vs Blanka. There are times when I'll switch modes when needed but that's my general mindset.

I definately need more Blanka match-up practice so a few Ryu v Blanka sets would be very beneficial to both our games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Voa knows how to handle the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

arakuneflowchart.gif

Advertisement