Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

ggs to bush, dark onion, araforn, ian mctetley, farzadq, red and everyone else. There were some class games last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GGs kenb, however my friend was over and kept distracting me which is why i probably played real bad.
    Also i've been playing 3s and now my game is messed up, i even let RED win and he insulted me after. Chump !

also ggs atrak [lol] , ry

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Placebo wrote: »
    GGs kenb, however my friend was over and kept distracting me which is why i probably played real bad.
    Also i've been playing 3s and now my game is messed up, i even let RED win and he insulted me after. Chump !

also ggs atrak [lol] , ry
    I know what that's like.....

I knew there was something wrong after the Chun mirror! lol

GGs Farz, A-trak..et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Voa knows how to handle the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

arakuneflowchart.gif

The only round(s?) of Blazblue I won when playing it during the last Day of Champions was done by following this flowchart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Azza, you are an absolute meanie. Wrecking my relaxing game time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Hmmm??

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

ggs kiki :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got my ass handed to me in Super by Redman, Azza, PPC, Ken B and (especially) kalisto.
    My online win rate is currently below 25%
    ;_;

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Good games to the numerous boardsies that handed me my ass yesterday. Went 6-33 last night. The single most frustrating night of SF since I started playing. Woeful timing, poor decision making and laughable execution. Hit me up at Munster Super League everyone, I'm as free as they come.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Good games to the numerous boardsies that handed me my ass yesterday. Went 6-33 last night. The single most frustrating night of SF since I started playing. Woeful timing, poor decision making and laughable execution. Hit me up at Munster Super League everyone, I'm as free as they come.

Don't worry you recover quick.

And how DARE these boardsies usurp my role as great frustrator!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't worry you recover quick.

And how DARE these boardsies usurp my role as great frustrator!

Took a month break from the game after the last casuals and for holidays. Didn't think my game would suffer this much. Just need an hour in training getting my timing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The single most frustrating night of SF since I started playing. Woeful timing, poor decision making and laughable execution. Hit me up at Munster Super League everyone, I'm as free as they come.

I know the feeling at the moment - grudge match for bottom of the league? :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Match to decide bottom placement in something?

Do this on Thursday and I'll be all over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

That happens us all man. I moved house and it took about a month to get broadband (only back online since this tuesday) and I was messing and I couldnt do anything without major trouble. A good solid night of it will fix that.

Very GGs to darkonion last night. Had great fun with silly guile mirrors. The low point was when in one match you dominated my gief with makoto. For the whole fight i was thinking "God if I lose to her I'll never hear the end of it!". Was that you playing ryu or was that your bro? Never saw you using him before. haye how inconsistent I am against honda though. Most matches are tight but then I screw up by doing something immensly scrubby... Gonna start reading match up strategies tonight. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Very GGs to darkonion last night. Had great fun with silly guile mirrors. The low point was when in one match you dominated my gief with makoto. For the whole fight i was thinking "God if I lose to her I'll never hear the end of it!". Was that you playing ryu or was that your bro? Never saw you using him before. haye how inconsistent I am against honda though. Most matches are tight but then I screw up by doing something immensly scrubby... Gonna start reading match up strategies tonight. :D

The Guile mirrors were absolute win :D I play Ryu to work on my footsies, I think everyone should be able to play a half decent Ryu. His links are angeringly simple too.

I was so pissed that I didn't beat you in that Makoto VS Gief match. It really would have boosted my confidence with her, so it was dead annoying to throw it like that. Graplers are, for me, far and away my worst matches for her. Pressure is just too difficult when the looming threat of mashed out SPD is there. At least she has enough stun to take that damn headbutt. You have so many odd gimmicks that I never see other giefs use, if you learned the match ups, you'd be a very tough opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good games to terry. We've been matched up at random a good few times the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Kirby wrote: »
    Good games to terry. We've been matched up at random a good few times the last few days.

Yeah good games. The hawk matches are always dangerous and i should be making better use of ultra II but cleverly you don't do the condor dive as much as other hawks.

Good games to Ian McTetly last nite. Really struggling with the boxer matchup. Hate that jab!! He's good at escaping wakeup pressure too. In the end i resorted to using focus a lot which a generally never do. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Yeah, ggs man. I've been working really hard on that match after you shut me down at the last Inferno we played! Also really enjoyed fighting some Sagat, he's always an interesting test of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Good games Azza. Reminded me how much I hate Bison. I tried to send you a fr but your list is full.

I've been working really hard on that match after you shut me down at the last Inferno we played! Also really enjoyed fighting some Sagat, he's always an interesting test of patience.

Yeah i could tell! My sagat actually fared a bit better so i might work on him as a backup :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Neeknak wrote: »
    I tried to send you a fr but your list is full.

Which is ironic because he has no friends around here ;)

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah i could tell! My sagat actually fared a bit better so i might work on him as a backup :rolleyes:

We should get a few more games in man, I don't want you pulling a Ryan Hart if I beat your Rufus! lol but seriously if you ever need some matchup exp just gimmie a shout - also you should check out Zak vs Justin at ESWC, I'm sure you could glean some knowledge from that match, I certainly did.
    Yeah the one eyed tiger is still not the best match for 'Rog lol - he doesn't quite strike the same fear into the heart like he did in vanilla though! Also his st.HP doesn't beat every jump in option for free and his super can't punish ****ing everrryything.. bgs Bush! :pac:

also you should check out Zak vs Justin at ESWC, I'm sure you could glean some knowledge from that match, I certainly did.

That's funny, i just watched that match today!! Did a youtube search for "justin wong rufus boxer" and it came up. Zak should have won that though so it wont help that much and justin only won it because he can do the hit confirm lk-lk bnb combo. If i was arsed i'd work on that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Also his st.HP doesn't beat every jump in option for free and his super can't punish ****ing everrryything.. bgs Bush! :pac:

Oh boo hoo, try being punished by super on hit :pac:

Bush when I have a alt that owns chun for free you can talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Good game to Sagat08. Got matched up in a random endless lobby earlier. There were a couple of other Irish guys in there also but I didn't recognise their tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to Voa tonight in BB. I'm coming along, getting into this :)

Good games to redman yesterday evening. Was good to get some practice on the ryu matchup but still having trouble with it. Still 50/50 over which ultra to pick. Will try ultra 1 next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

animaX wrote: »
    Good games to redman yesterday evening. Was good to get some practice on the ryu matchup but still having trouble with it. Still 50/50 over which ultra to pick. Will try ultra 1 next time!

GGs. I think u2 is probably better, since it's not about landing it, it's about preventing me from throwing fireballs (took me a few games to stop throwing them though :P) If you pick u1, you're gonna have a really hard time getting in.

You should use u2 to punish more often, I cringe every time I see someone throw punish after they block a mp or hp srk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Voa tonight in BB. I'm coming along, getting into this :)
    GGs man. You're coming along quite strongly, using that damn zoning against my Tager, then turning my magnets back on me. Just be wary of over-defensive play, this ain't no SF, so blocking and backing off won't get you out of my 360-720 range when magnetised. Also, Tager Tech Traps; the Triple Threat of any attempt to dodge a combo.

Your play against my Hazama is so cool-headed it's very very VERY frustrating for me to try to close into you. And then I told you to block low, so yeah, that closes Haz's easiest combo starter for his BnB out. Just so you know, the hand-back-charge is a qcb D move that I'm in counter-hit state if you strike me in it. Out of the charge, I can do a low strike sweep or an AA kickflip backwards, or a charging overhead, which combos to my BnB on counter hit only.

Once you put a lil more time in, you'll probably be 5-5 vs my Tager. I've really bad rush down habits.

Advertisement