Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Red350 wrote: »
    GGs Mr Hazanshu

He's still playing chun :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GGs to Ian Mctetley and Yrevel in random ranked matches.

What's your tag man? I remember playing a few Irish names, was it Guy or Hakan I was playing? That C is gonna Shine even if its the end of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

What's your tag man? I remember playing a few Irish names, was it Guy or Hakan I was playing? That C is gonna Shine even if its the end of me!

Garak001 - it even says so in his sig, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    ggs to bourkenator. dont think ive ever eaten so many srk fadc ultras in a set before:mad:

Hey man I don't think that was me, I joined your lobby earlier but we never got to play. It might have been Futureguy/Garak001 you're thinking of, he plays Ryu aswell and was in the same lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Yreval wrote: »
    Garak001 - it even says so in his sig, man.

Jesus I'm one blind bastard! Yeah i think I recall having a Guy mirror? Something weird like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Good games to Azza tonight. You certainly kept me in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

GG's Red350, Hound and Bourke Last night.

Good to finally play you Hound after heckling you for so long to get onto xbox. You're not bad ;)

Red, those Gouken vs Chun matches were good craic especially.

Bourke pretty safe Ryu you've got. Jab is hilarious though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

GGs Ry. Gouken seems free for chun, dunno how you put up with all those pokes for so long :P Good to see more of that viper too, I need the experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GGs last night to T boy UK and RagingHorseBox, bloody hell is there anyone hound isnt brilliant with???

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

GGs Sagat08(great Blanka as always) and Hound last night. Just when you think you're on top, it's like focus....BAM!!! Mega Combo/Ultra!!!!

You never have a round won, until it is totally over...obvious I know.

Still, you can only improve playing against players of his calibre....

• Advertisement

Hey Ken, have we tried playing on your T Boy account? Would that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »
    Hey Ken, have we tried playing on your T Boy account? Would that make a difference?
    we'll try later if you like?

I've just added you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Sagat06 wrote: »
    GGs last night to T boy UK and RagingHorseBox, bloody hell is there anyone hound isnt brilliant with???

Sagat and Akuma. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

All the xbox people finding hound for the first time is making me smile... he's been battering PSN types for yonks :D

On that note, good games to hound last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

ye GGs to Terry last night and all the others I played the last few days, Misty Chaos, Sagat08, Bush80, Ian McTetly, Bourkenator, Ry, ken B and whoever else, sry if i forgot your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

GGs Hound, even if the connection did its best to ruin things towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

ggs yesterday to Animax - really good long afternoon session, really back and forth towards the end there. Jumping Fp trades well with your jumping attacks, that was good to figure out :)

ggs to Azza who systematically dismantled my game until I pulled out the secret weapon - Dan, and like all true Dan's I ran before there could be a rematch, so at 1-23 yeah I feel like I have the moral victory. I'm so happy they're nerfing that ultra.... so so happy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ggs yesterday to Animax - really good long afternoon session, really back and forth towards the end there. Jumping Fp trades well with your jumping attacks, that was good to figure out :)

ggs to Azza who systematically dismantled my game until I pulled out the secret weapon - Dan, and like all true Dan's I ran before there could be a rematch, so at 1-23 yeah I feel like I have the moral victory. I'm so happy they're nerfing that ultra.... so so happy!

You realise you're obliged to record that fight for youtube, right?

Yeah great session. I got the impression you learned something new for the rufus matchup alright! I have to be a lot more careful when attacking blanka, not as easy to rushdown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Sagat06 wrote:

Dan is broken and overpowered. So lame. Completely unfair etc etc.

As for ultra 2 nerf it won't affect his ultra 2 much in terms of using as a mix up against opponents waking game. He won't be able to do it off a throw but will still be able to do it off a slide or scissor kick knock down.

Besides is it really any worse than Blanka's 50:50 ultra set up that does more damage?

Or for that matter DP FADC Ultra from Ryu or Sagat, considering those are totally safe options and not actually punishable on block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Pick chun li

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Azza wrote: »
    Or for that matter DP FADC Ultra from Ryu or Sagat, considering those are totally safe options and not actually punishable on block.

Gief/Hawk can ultra those on block, think Chun can super as well.

Will have to lab that. If Chun's super can punish, so can Ryu's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I thought Chun's mk super was 1 frame?

Yeah both Ryu and Chun can punish with super. I think all versions of there super's come out in one frame but the travel speeds is much higher on the hard version of the moves.

Even if those 4 characters can punish FADC ultra, its still safe against 31 characters and I would not consider that viable a punish due to how rare it is to have full super meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Only mk super is one frame afaik.
    Ultras, and i assume supers too, come out one frame faster when done as a reversal unless they're already 1 frame startup.

All the command grab ultras punish dp fadc forwards. I dont think ryus super does.

Wasn't able to punish Ryu's or Sagats forward dash off an FADC DP with Chun's MK super. not sure why. Frame data indicates it should punish.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

No it doesn't, its a 1 frame startup, and dp fadc is -1, so by the time the super is active the opponent has recovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

ggs To Azza and Red yesterday and then Ry later on.

Advertisement