Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GG's to Onion, nice Makoto there, and to Terrymax tonight. I am seriously considering breaking out DeeJay in a tournament sometime.

Also, found a new hyper ridiculous airhthrow use tonight- Took AJ's ryu out of an ex tatsu :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GGs to Hotaru, who is settling into Ryu much better than she did with Chun Li.

Her offence leaves a lot to be desired, but her defence is already pretty solid, tick throws were teched, fireballs were focused and overheads were blocked, not to mention I got hit with a few C.Hp for jumping in!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

GGs with Blag earlier tonight, was very laggy thoughfrown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The Hound wrote: »
    GGs with Blag earlier tonight, was very laggy thoughfrown.gif

Yeah was laggy as hell but still had some good matches, cammy vs cammy is a strange match up and got to give Ken a go for the first time in ages, GGs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

. I am seriously considering breaking out DeeJay in a tournament sometime.

me too :D He's pencilled in for the new Munster Super League Day 1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GGs to Sabre. Had a good old session Sunday night! Shokashi, sorry we couldn't get connected.

In other news, for the first time in about 3 years, I have an Open NAT type... So, FutureGuy, animaX and anyone else I couldn't connect to before... I'm coming for you!

GGs to animaX last night... Taught me some tough lessons. The amount of times you broke my charge by crossing up was painful. I took a few rounds and 1 measly win.

GGs to FutureGuy also, thanks for the tip. I should be pressing lk and lp to get up faster. This could have helped against Terry, as it gives less time to plan those devilish cross-ups. Also... Viper, eh?? ;)

GGs to Sabre, 3 fights, 6 different characters.

This just in... Open NAT type ftw.

GGs to FutureGuy also, thanks for the tip. I should be pressing lk and lp to get up faster. This could have helped against Terry, as it gives less time to plan those devilish cross-ups.

GGs Mike. No problems, you're clearly improving at a fast rate, and you're hitting your U2 set-ups with good consistency. The tip was the only thing I could say that I see as a hole in you basic game. As I said, I heart people that never use the technigue. It makes things a whole lot easier for me, whether I'm crossing you up or timing fireballs.
    Also... Viper, eh?? ;)

Work in progress. I really don't have any plans to use her competatively, but I figure since she requires excellent execution to play effectively (high jump cancels etc), my own execution can only improve by learning her.
    This just in... Open NAT type ftw.

I thought I had mine open but when I started playing Halo Reach, I noted it was closed again. Rectified that after our sets. I'm going to inviting a few people for sets that I normally cannot connect to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    GGs to Hotaru, who is settling into Ryu much better than she did with Chun Li.

Her offence leaves a lot to be desired, but her defence is already pretty solid, tick throws were teched, fireballs were focused and overheads were blocked, not to mention I got hit with a few C.Hp for jumping in!

seriously ? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

GGs to animaX last night... Taught me some tough lessons. The amount of times you broke my charge by crossing up was painful. I took a few rounds and 1 measly win.

Yeah good games man! That's rufus for ya, a demon for the crossups :cool:
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to inviting a few people for sets that I normally cannot connect to.

See if we can have a few later.

Also, good games to bourkenator yesterday. Sorry I had to cut it short, was having dinner while my brother played modern warfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »

See if we can have a few later.

Also, good games to bourkenator yesterday. Sorry I had to cut it short, was having dinner while my brother played modern warfare.
    Hey Terry, if you're about tonight, on your bro's profile, give me a shout and we'll try to successfully connect for once...

Ps: How do you change your NAT type?

Placebo wrote: »

I played her last night and she was doing quite a bit right. She was trying to play mind games with me in a fireball war at one point. That's some skill leap for a couple of weeks at the game.

Oh and plays quite like you- started taunting me in the second round. :D

GG's to Azza, Hotaru, Misty, A-trak and foamy last night. Needed a good session to get rid of the rust from my trip to Germany.

Ken B wrote: »
    Hey Terry, if you're about tonight, on your bro's profile, give me a shout and we'll try to successfully connect for once...

My bro's account is down in wexford! Won't be on that for another while. You should check your NAT type. I wasn't able to connect to Burning Eclipse for a long time but then he opened his NAT and we played last night. Could be a similar thing with yours

Hey man. I got into my router and enabled UPnP. There should be a setting in there somewhere to fix it. Tonnes of guides online, and it'll be the best 15 minutes you ever spend in terms of improving your online experience. What kind of router you got?

I played her last night and she was doing quite a bit right. She was trying to play mind games with me in a fireball war at one point. That's some skill leap for a couple of weeks at the game.

Oh and plays quite like you- started taunting me in the second round. :D

GG's to Azza, Hotaru, Misty, A-trak and foamy last night. Needed a good session to get rid of the rust from my trip to Germany.

i just meant is he actually boasting about his gf here :pac:
    taunting makes it interesting

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Er, I was just saying good games. Shouldn't you be making hype you can't possibly hope to back up somewhere? :pac:

i always do better than my hype. FACT

I stickied a guide in the XBOX forum just a few days ago. Well worth a read!

The irony being I was playing Chun Li, so I got in the Farz classic "sorry" after an EX SBK :D
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Er, I was just saying good games. Shouldn't you be making hype you can't possibly hope to back up somewhere? :pac:

Meow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Oh the jealousy...

:pac:

• Advertisement

I just remembered that I used Chun's fireball twice last night while you had Rufus' U2... Once was bad enough... /shame :o

I just remembered that I used Chun's fireball twice last night while you had Rufus' U2... Once was bad enough... /shame :o

haha, my reactions were sharp last night, was able to catch them. But yeah be careful with those. Do you main chun or play around with a few? As for the chun vs rufus match, you should try a bit more standing roundhouse as anti-air (in which case i'll alter my dive kick timing) and then change anti-air to down-forward LK or something (which can be followed with U2). Keep rufus guessing. Also, chuns backdash is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GG's to Doom, Azza and Ry last night.

I reckon I'll pick Ken in the next tourney, my skills with him are sick son.

haha, my reactions were sharp last night, was able to catch them. But yeah be careful with those. Do you main chun or play around with a few? As for the chun vs rufus match, you should try a bit more standing roundhouse as anti-air (in which case i'll alter my dive kick timing) and then change anti-air to down-forward LK or something (which can be followed with U2). Keep rufus guessing. Also, chuns backdash is great!

Ya, at this point she is my main. I enjoy playing Cammy more, but I do better as Chun. Like last night I FADC'd the cannon spike, but fluffed my U1 as Cammy. Chun is much easier for the execution-poor among us (read: me). I'd play as half the cast in a normal endless lobby though. Random Guy at the start was not fun though.

Thanks for those tips. Standing Roundhouse is great alright. For a lot of situations.

Nice to play Rufus, I never seem to come up against him online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

gg's Azza, Doom, A-Trak, however short it seemed to last as I got there late unfortunately.

gg's to Bush too. Had a proper sit down with yerself. Seemed like one second I was on form the next off it. Then you'd quit any time I was dominating but c'est la vie ;)

A-Trak wrote: »
    GG's to Doom, Azza and Ry last night.

Yeah, those online specials rinsed me, innit!

Is it just me or is Deejay even worse for Honda than Guile?
    Ry wrote: »
    gg's Azza, Doom, A-Trak, however short it seemed to last as I got there late unfortunately.

gg's to Bush too. Had a proper sit down with yerself. Seemed like one second I was on form the next off it. Then you'd quit any time I was dominating but c'est la vie ;)

OHHH, are you Claavus?

Your Viper's got some skills these days Ry. You rely on demon flip waaaaaay too much with Akuma though, only use it on wake up with Guile. It's an auto air throw if I can see it coming.

Ry wrote: »
    Then you'd quit any time I was dominating but c'est la vie ;)

What was the quit word?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

A-Trak wrote: »
    Yeah, those online specials rinsed me, innit!

Yeah I'd say try that double DP online ken Sh1t offline at the next tournament. I'm sure you'll be unstoppable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Stop your hating Dave, you can't handle my ill mix up skills. I'll give you a few tips and lessons later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Hey man. I got into my router and enabled UPnP. There should be a setting in there somewhere to fix it. Tonnes of guides online, and it'll be the best 15 minutes you ever spend in terms of improving your online experience. What kind of router you got?
    I'll check it out when I get home tonight, I received your friend request last night so I look forward to playing you soon..

Advertisement