Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ken B wrote: »
    I'll check it out when I get home tonight, I received your friend request last night so I look forward to playing you soon..

You play Vega, right? There are quite a few characters that I've almost no experience against. Rufus was high on the list, Vega is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

You play Vega, right? There are quite a few characters that I've almost no experience against. Rufus was high on the list, Vega is too.
    I play several characters, but only one to an average level and that's Vega.

Animax, Bush and Cobelcog are all good Rufus players, I'd hazard a guess that Hound (raginghorsebox) is pretty good at the fatboy too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeah, those online specials rinsed me, innit!

Is it just me or is Deejay even worse for Honda than Guile?

OHHH, are you Claavus?

Your Viper's got some skills these days Ry. You rely on demon flip waaaaaay too much with Akuma though, only use it on wake up with Guile. It's an auto air throw if I can see it coming.

I didn't play Viper iirc. I was just practicing Akuma but yeh I'm not used to that match at all. Airthrow in general I'm not used to really. Must have been about 20 airthrows or more lol.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ry wrote: »
    I didn't play Viper iirc. I was just practicing Akuma but yeh I'm not used to that match at all. Airthrow in general I'm not used to really. Must have been about 20 airthrows or more lol.

You battered me in ranked a month or so ago with Viper :) I just remembered it. Made me go out and learn the match :D

If I can punish it with airthrow it's a risky maneuver on anyone in the cast, they all have their anti air options! Stay on the ground more, what you could try is alternating jab and fierce red fireballs to apply pressure to me instead of me making you jump into airthrows.

You battered me in ranked a month or so ago with Viper :) I just remembered it. Made me go out and learn the match :D

If I can punish it with airthrow it's a risky maneuver on anyone in the cast, they all have their anti air options! Stay on the ground more, what you could try is alternating jab and fierce red fireballs to apply pressure to me instead of me making you jump into airthrows.

Using air fireball to cover the approach also makes the demon flip a lot safer afaik?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

to beat Ry Rage , all you have to do is mash ex legs until he loses his fuse and starts to not block at all.

I threw a Ken out of his ex air tatsu last night. I love air throws. :)

I had one game against DooM, which was close (I swear), then ended up watching tele with the missus. Tried to get a few games with Blag, but the connection crapped out while I was playing the other guy in the lobby.

Funny thing, after the session with animaX yesterday I went into ranked and was destroying people, even got a ragequit. Played really badly last night though, lost to a scrub Ryu and that put me on tilt. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

GG's A-Trak and Misty last night

GG's Blag too though I was not at the races really. It'd be good if you were on irc while playing so I can rage at you and not have to sit there insolently hating life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

GGs Ry, I'll try and get on IRC next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GG@BBCS to Red & Gory.

Even if Gory has stopped picking Arakune vs Mu :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

GGs

Im just learning him, not gonna start learning him in a bad matchup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to Blag tonight in ST, we played for hours and hours, was an amazing session ,must of had about 200+ games! Hope to play you soon man

ST for life

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Really good games Ramza, been a long time since I sat down and played that much ST in one sitting.

There were a massive amount of incredibly close games and some really sharp Umeshoryu's (Ramzashoryus :pac:) in clutch situations from your O Ken, lookin forward to more games this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

GGs to Azza, Bush, Blag and Sagat08 earlier.

There was no need for that ragequit though Bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GGs to Azza, Bush, Blag and Sagat08 earlier.

There was no need for that ragequit though Bush.

:D

There was. That dude mashed EVERY time anyone was near him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Bush80 wrote: »
    :D

There was. That dude mashed EVERY time anyone was near him

Cobelcog was playing too?

Good games to bush and azza last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

animaX wrote: »
    Cobelcog was playing too?

As opposed to dive-kicked.......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cobelcog was salting too?

fixed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to Doom (I presume). Fun DJ mirror matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good games to hound yesterday. Great afternoon session. I think we had 50 games! Wanted to save one of the earlier ones (ryu vs sagat) but when i went to replay channel it was already gone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    GGs to Doom (I presume). Fun DJ mirror matches.

Yup that was me, pity you couldn't hang around longer, was getting into it.

No air throw is so frustrating, although the lk that comes out instead usually wins when my reactions take over and I just do it :D

Yup that was me, pity you couldn't hang around longer, was getting into it.

No air throw is so frustrating, although the lk that comes out instead usually wins when my reactions take over and I just do it :D

If you see me playing around 5ish, we can have a set.

If you see me playing around 5ish, we can have a set.

I'll be on tonight but don't know if I can play, I have some A/V stuff to be trying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Good games to hound yesterday. Great afternoon session. I think we had 50 games! Wanted to save one of the earlier ones (ryu vs sagat) but when i went to replay channel it was already gone :rolleyes:
    GGs, was a good session.

GGs to Hotaru in Ranked yesterday. Even though you are new, I can see that you are different from 99% of new Ryus out there. You're concentrating on zoning and in the second round you did really well. if you want to get some practice, I'd be happy to get an endless lobby going!

GGs to ErinSoup. I could've sworn he's a boarsie and he has a very solid Akuma. Must send him an invite to the site!

GGs to Hotaru in Ranked yesterday. Even though you are new, I can see that you are different from 99% of new Ryus out there. You're concentrating on zoning and in the second round you did really well. if you want to get some practice, I'd be happy to get an endless lobby going!

GGs to ErinSoup. I could've sworn he's a boarsie and he has a very solid Akuma. Must send him an invite to the site!

Erinsoup is on the SF.ie chat all the time.

He prob knows more about alot of us than we'd imagine :D

GGs to everyone who encountered me or ayjay last night, you're all part of the hdoom experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ggs last night Doom - Blanka's U2 really changes the dynamic in that fight, I never realised how much.

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Ggs last night Doom - Blanka's U2 really changes the dynamic in that fight, I never realised how much.

I haven't looked into it but it seems to be virtually unstoppable. :( that counter ultra sonic hurricane missing was ridiculous. I wonder would flash explosion have worked as I think it's just projectile invulnerable.

I bet I'll find out a f mk hops over it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Yeah if your not full screen there is a lot you can do to hit it, but yeah its invunerable to projectiles all the way through its animation.

• Advertisement

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Yeah if your not full screen there is a lot you can do to hit it, but yeah its invunerable to projectiles all the way through its animation.

There was a few funny rounds with you back dashing and me dashing trying to stop you from being safe :D

Advertisement