Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Thanks for games Robbknoll - sorry my connection dropped...Just as I had you downloaded and all :D

Haha you too sabre. There was a couple of times where i was lost to your mix ups, they were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

GGs Fergus. Some fun Sakura mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Yreval wrote: »
    GGs Fergus. Some fun Sakura mirrors.

Definitely. We should do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Fergus (above) I assume you're Flowchartfergus? - Great games the other day. Very nice mix-up Sakrua. I always struggle with her. GGs to Irish Nemesis also, and Araforn last night. Chunners still as solid as ever - nice Adon you're cultivating as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Speedhaak wrote: »
    Fergus (above) I assume you're Flowchartfergus? - Great games the other day. Very nice mix-up Sakrua. I always struggle with her. GGs to Irish Nemesis also, and Araforn last night. Chunners still as solid as ever - nice Adon you're cultivating as well.

Gg's man. Some really close ones in there too. Pity I had to leave so soon. If your on during the week we should have another set.

• Advertisement

Yeah dude, sure. I'm on every second night really - pending internet activity in my house.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to Blag last night after a great EB session of about 30 games. DeeJay got lots of Player 2 xp last night :P

GGs to Bush in ranked battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

GG's man, Dee Jay can be a real nuisance when Bison has no meter!

blag wrote: »
    GG's man, Dee Jay can be a real nuisance when Bison has no meter!

I need an answer to that corner kneepress pressure! I was watching replays and the games I won coincided with games you were struggling to build meter.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Dee Jay doesn't have a crouching light move fast enough to deal with Bison's C.LK. if he is in range of C.LK just block and crouch tech. If Bison ticks into LK Scissors twice he's out of range of C.LK so you have the option to throw something out. Bison's next best options are doing C.MK, S.MK, S.HK or another LK Scissors or delayed LK Scissors. You have options to counter these but it really is a guessing game. Dee Jay C.MK will match Bison's C.MK and score a knock down as well as beat out S.MK and S.HK (S.HK will whiff anyway). C.MP will beat Scissors Kick on start up but Bison could bait it with delayed SK. Neutral jump or jump out can get you but have there own risks invovled. Ex.Jacknife will beat any meaties Bison attempts on your wake up but that has its own risk.

Its best you don't let him corner you if possible.

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Dee Jay doesn't have a crouching light move fast enough to deal with Bison's C.LK. if he is in range of C.LK just block and crouch tech. If Bison ticks into LK Scissors twice he's out of range of C.LK so you have the option to throw something out. Bison's next best options are doing C.MK, S.MK, S.HK or another LK Scissors or delayed LK Scissors. You have options to counter these but it really is a guessing game. Dee Jay C.MK will match Bison's C.MK and score a knock down as well as beat out S.MK and S.HK (S.HK will whiff anyway). C.MP will beat Scissors Kick on start up but Bison could bait it with delayed SK. Neutral jump or jump out can get you but have there own risks invovled. Ex.Jacknife will beat any meaties Bison attempts on your wake up but that has its own risk.

Its best you don't let him corner you if possible.
    Hi Azza,
    Thansk for the tips.

Yeah I was trying to stay out of corners but he was literally pushing me in with scissor kicks. I did notice that when he hit 2 sissors kicks, I had a chance but he was mixing up quite well and I didn't know a decent punish.

The main thing is my positioning at all times-once I stayed out of the corner I was able to give him a close enough game. It avoids me having to enter the aforementioned guessing game.

Blag, if you don't mind, I'd like to put a few matches online for the SRK DeeJay forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah I was trying to stay out of corners but he was literally pushing me in with scissor kicks. I did notice that when he hit 2 sissors kicks, I had a chance but he was mixing up quite well and I didn't know a decent punish.

There's no "punish", lk scissor kick is safe on block. Maaybe not what you meant but that's not how the term is generally used.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Blag, if you don't mind, I'd like to put a few matches online for the SRK DeeJay forum?

No problem.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    There's no "punish", lk scissor kick is safe on block. Maaybe not what you meant but that's not how the term is generally used.

Yeah sorry, I meant "get the fcuk out of the corner" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah okay, sorry wasn't sure as a lot of people start off with the misconception that scissors is unsafe!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Focus attack is pretty good against LK Scissors. Learn the range where it only hits once and use focus attack the odd time from that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Johnick

GGs to Speedhaak and Araforn tonight, was nice to have an all Irish lobby, even if I had only 3 wins and 7 losses :o.

Those Guy buffs couldn't come any sooner.

GGs dude, those were some nice fights indeed. Auld Drug Lord himself was hyperbolic last night for sure. Also guys, if you feel like it us chaps at the mordor mashup community have re-designed our site to better suit community needs with quite a large emphasis on the people.

Not wanting to insinuate you should join it in favour of streetfighter.ie because that's far from my intentions. It's just another community site with things to do on it and people to get to know. It's all about getting the community to grow at the end of the day. Have a gander if you have a few space seconds:

http://www.mordor-mashup.com/

GGs to Blag ansd FlowchartFergus in endless lobby yesterday. Fergus, pretty greedy of Blag to monopolize most of the games. Enjoyed our single game.

GGs to Prenelf in Ranked.

GGs to Doom. Really happy with my patience vs your Guile and last DeeJay match. I tried to get you where I wanted you and go from there (where did I get that advice from :D ) My xbox stalled on the lobby screen after the third player joined and I got booted from the lobby by the system.

Finally, GGs Araforn. Have no idea what happened with that lag. It seemed like something was being downloaded. I checked and nothing else was online in place. Weird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GGs to Doom. Really happy with my patience vs your Guile and last DeeJay match. I tried to get you where I wanted you and go from there (where did I get that advice from :D ) My xbox stalled on the lobby screen after the third player joined and I got booted from the lobby by the system.

Yeah that was much tighter. You were picking your moments to attack and I couldn't make you budge, that's the way to do it.

GGs to yourself and Doyler. We were in several games. I fecking hate fighting Akuma but I'm going to have to learn to deal with him as Hound can just switch even if I did learn a counter pick :D

Also got to play the Edge guys last night. Lefty350 seems pretty damn good. He RSFed me I think for 6 reps. Also had the focus U2 down with Fuerte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

GGs to yourself and Doyler. We were in several games. I fecking hate fighting Akuma but I'm going to have to learn to deal with him as Hound can just switch even if I did learn a counter pick :D

Also got to play the Edge guys last night. Lefty350 seems pretty damn good. He RSFed me I think for 6 reps. Also had the focus U2 down with Fuerte.

Muahhahahaha

Good games to everyone I played today, Sairus, Misty, Hound, Handi and erm I think that's it :p

Good games to everyone I played today, Sairus, Misty, Hound, Hand and A-Trak and erm I think that's it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

GGs to HandiCapanda, Desmondo2000, Speedhaak and any other Irish players who were in that almost all Irish lobby last night ;). Great laugh, especially the banter in the lobby between games, loads of fun until FoamyMushroom came along and went on a killing spree :o (at which point I realized I had work in less then 7 hours ..... Im half demented typing this :().

HandiCapanda or Desi, if ye still have the replay of that Bison mirror match ye had with the double KO ye should post it, it was actually a great match and the ending was class :D

J0hnick wrote: »
    GGs to HandiCapanda, Desmondo2000, Speedhaak and any other Irish players who were in that almost all Irish lobby last night ;). Great laugh, especially the banter in the lobby between games, loads of fun until FoamyMushroom came along and went on a killing spree :o (at which point I realized I had work in less then 7 hours ..... Im half demented typing this :().

HandiCapanda or Desi, if ye still have the replay of that Bison mirror match ye had with the double KO ye should post it, it was actually a great match and the ending was class :D

Yeah sorry I left. That Greek guy had no bars for me and couldn't be arsed with a stand-off of who's going to go to the back of the list first. I only just finished work at that stage as well and didn't feel like waiting in a Lobby of eight players.

GGs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Speedhaak wrote: »
    That Greek guy had no bars for me and couldn't be arsed with a stand-off of who's going to go to the back of the list first.

Oh yea him, Handi picked Guile and was trolling yer mans Guile using literally nothing but fierce/backhands for the entire last round, he left after that.

Was funny though cause he was getting away with a lot of random BS and lag tactics. First we were taking the piss outa the way he played, then how bad his connection was, then how crap his country's economy was compared to ours! :p. Safe to say we were gettin a bit salty with him and using every excuse under the sun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Good games to FlowchartFergus, Raginghorsebox and HandiCapanda. Still need to work on Juri since I'm starting to use Rose less. AE changes sorta took the wind out of my sails.

Good games to prenelf. Was 6-5 to him when I left

Kept me pressured, was happy with my performance in that set.

Dat U2 chip damage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Good games to everyone i bet lastnight,
    i stayed up till 5am and made the news

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jan/31/pakistani-player-wins-207-straight-xbox-live-ssf4-games/

SUCK IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What's the name of your shop?

Advertisement