Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Good games to ramza and his crazy Kara throws. Every game was down to the wire I think. Good stuff dude!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ramza's Ken scares me :(

GGs last night!

Dude Honda is such a bitch, you're honda is good! (at least I think anyway). But yeah GGs took me a while to get around the specifics of the match but I think I did ok

Thanks!
    BanjoB wrote: »
    Good games to ramza and his crazy Kara throws. Every game was down to the wire I think. Good stuff dude!!!

Hmm dude I don't remember playing you, unless you're Araforn? If so, yeah we had some great games! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Ramza wrote: »
    Dude Honda is such a bitch, you're honda is good! (at least I think anyway). But yeah GGs took me a while to get around the specifics of the match but I think I did ok

Thanks!

Hmm dude I don't remember playing you, unless you're Araforn? If so, yeah we had some great games! Thanks

Yeah,man it's araforn. Great games. Prob best Ken I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

gg's A-Trak....

Or rather they would have been until I realised "I Am Wal" was not you but some scrub Ken.

*sigh*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza, I was ready to break my controller over your damn kara throwing! Haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Really nice fights with Dreddybajs at 5am this morning....
    I freely admit that I play like a despicable coward where Zangief is concerned, but I thought that all those games were dead good fun. Intense, fast-paced stuff.
    I also had a nice champ fight with DarkOnion on Champ mode using my brother's profile....I felt a little bad afterwards, because he obviously would have fought differently if he knew it was me....that said, I wasn't expecting to see Rose!!!

GGs to Dreddy last night. As always I got raped by Zangief and my only wins came about when he switched characters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs Ken and Ramza:

KenB: Great to finally fight you man, your Vega is quality. I don't know the matchup at all which I think shows, would love to get more games in with you soon and try and figure it out!

Ramza: Didn't realise it was you for the first few games, I was like "wtf, how many good ken players can there be in ireland?" :pac: GGs as usual!

Also hadn't played in ages before that, kept messing up inputs (hence the random ex running bear grabs vs you Ken :pac:)

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ramza: Didn't realise it was you for the first few games, I was like "wtf, how many good ken players can there be in ireland?" :pac: GGs as usual

Thanks man. I really need to get to work on that matchup! It's gonna give me serious trouble down the line if i don't nip it in the bud! (hey, or at least try xD)

:pac:

Ken B wrote: »
    I also had a nice champ fight with DarkOnion on Champ mode using my brother's profile....I felt a little bad afterwards, because he obviously would have fought differently if he knew it was me....that said, I wasn't expecting to see Rose!!!

I use Rose if I'm having a bad night and I want to mess around a bit. I'm still pretty crap with her, but practice makes perfect. I swear when we were fighting, I was thinking, "man this Vega plays a lot like that lovely fellow Ken B.". Turns out I was right!

• Advertisement

GGs to Foamy and Sagat tonight. Had 4 bars with Foamy but strangley got some lag. Still got some good games in!

And Sagat, I hate Blanka! Haha a tough match for me indeed. I jumped on the Ultra twice xD

GGs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah Ramza I found our games the other night very laggy as well (was 4 bars iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

@Ramza did you change your GT??

Sagat06 wrote: »
    @Ramza did you change your GT??

No. It's complicated though. I never had my own GT (xXRamza126Xx) till a month or so back. I always used my brother's. And I have all my unlocks, DLC, battle points and GP etc from championship mode on my brother's account. So I mainly use that to play SFIV. Plus my main account is out of XBL time, and I'm too stingy to buy more

So kinda like a seperate one for SFIV. It's a pity I can't transfer the data to my account though *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Foamy and Sagat tonight. Had 4 bars with Foamy but strangley got some lag.

Found out a torrent was still on the DL so my bad, but still 4 bars...weird..

GG's though, quite tricky games too we can wait each other out till time runs out hah

The bars don't seem to be repreentitive of ping at all, and seem to be more down to how "fast" (MB wise) one's connection is. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The bars don't seem to be repreentitive of ping at all, and seem to be more down to how "fast" (MB wise) one's connection is. That's the conclusion I've come to anyway.

You can still have a good ping reading while downloading, but if you try to play, the connection will be laggy because your bandwidth is being used up.

Ah okay, cool. I have had much better 2 bar matches than some 4 bar matches, it's a very annoying system. Has anyone here ever seen all the bars? As in green ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ah okay, cool. I have had much better 2 bar matches than some 4 bar matches, it's a very annoying system. Has anyone here ever seen all the bars? As in green ones?

You need to give up your internet altogether!1!

I often get all 5 green bars but somehow end up playing player matches with you in lag city :pac:

animaX wrote: »
    You need to give up your internet altogether!1!

I often get all 5 green bars but somehow end up playing player matches with you in lag city :pac:
    Are you serious? I'm not sure anymore... is it actually that bad? If it isn't tell me this one time and go back to using that excuse just so I know. I genuinely don't get any slow downs except the odd dropped match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I have never seen 5 bars and I've played a lot of online. If I ever do, I'm expecting it to be better than offline or else I'll be very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I get quite alot of 5 bars, but almost always when I play people from here I know are in Dublin etc

*shrug*

Are you serious? I'm not sure anymore... is it actually that bad? If it isn't tell me this one time and go back to using that excuse just so I know. I genuinely don't get any slow downs except the odd dropped match.

Nah, only messing man, its not that bad. Generally its a bit laggy whenever you win but its never laggy when i win :pac:

Also, tell your bro to get off internet when you're playing!

GGs to meducation tonight! My net kept DCing at the end there man sorry >.<

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

ggs mark ryan 92
    savage ken going on there,
    i was drunk as **** screaming like a wild man at my TV every time you combo me to death...

Nah, only messing man, its not that bad. Generally its a bit laggy whenever you win but its never laggy when i win :pac:

Also, tell your bro to get off internet when you're playing!
    Trust me, he received a firm "talking to", in a very brotherly way afterwards.

Trust me, he received a firm "talking to", in a very brotherly way afterwards.

Ah, leave the poor lad alone ya bully!

Good games tonight, even if there was only a few. Also, good games to Ramza as usual! Unfortunately I couldn't connect with Ken B today. Which brings me to my next topic:

I have this wierd situation where I can only connect with about 50% of people on my friends list. Could people let me know what ISP they're using so I can try to identify the problem?

Can connect to:
    Azza
    Jim
    D4RK ONION
    Ramza
    FoamyMushroom
    Owwmykneecap
    soadtool

Can't connect to:
    Ken B
    A-Trak
    Placebo
    Leprekaun
    Araforn

Does anyone know what it could possibly be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

At a guess, I'd say NAT issues.

People with good routers tend to not have NAT issues, but standard issue or cheap routers tend to run into them more often.

Also, good games to Ramza as usual!

GGs man it was fun. I just realised how terrible I am against Fagat Sagat. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Had some really good bouts against Ramza last night. Seriously good Ken play, very tricky....if I could do some of that stuff, I would probably make my namesake my main!!! GGs Ramza(Mark Byrne 92). Your Guile was decent as well.

@Azza: I'll probably be on later and definitely on Sunday if you'd like some games?

Advertisement