Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

@ Ropey: I'm playing on xbox, I assume you're talking about rebooting the pc version?!

When I play modern warfare 2 on xbox it tells me that my NAT is open but even still I have issues. I guess its to do with the fact that I have a wall-socket connection in university campus. It's just that i'd love to get a chance to whip all of those people on the "can't connect" list above :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

animaX wrote: »
    @ Ropey: I'm playing on xbox, I assume you're talking about rebooting the pc version?!

When I play modern warfare 2 on xbox it tells me that my NAT is open but even still I have issues. I guess its to do with the fact that I have a wall-socket connection in university campus. It's just that i'd love to get a chance to whip all of those people on the "can't connect" list above :pac:
    Maybe you should concentrate on those you can connect to first :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Got to play Ramza I think for the first time. Weird fighting a shoto that doesn't throw fireballs or do reversal DP's. Some nice high damaging combo's though and a decent mix up.

Have to get use to the Xbox 360 version again. Can't count the number of times I failed to ex.psycho on wake up and instead took one of Ken's high damaging combo's.

All 3 versions have slightly different timings I have to get use to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Azza wrote: »
    Xbox 360 version again.

You have the 360 version? thought you were pc and ps3? :confused:

I have all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What's your XBL tag?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

indeed. my 360 setup is my one of choice so it would be cool to give you a few games on it.

Stavanger1

Same on all 3 formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

@Azza, You still play on PSN?

Rarely, PC is my norm. Best to get me on MSN or Steam or something on PC and I can switch to whatever platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ken B wrote: »
    Had some really good bouts against Ramza last night. Seriously good Ken play, very tricky....if I could do some of that stuff, I would probably make my namesake my main!!! GGs Ramza(Mark Byrne 92). Your Guile was decent as well

Thanks man, some really tricky **** against Vega! I never played a decent Vega till now and boy is it hard to get close! Had to rely on kara tatsu and crossups tatsu to even try and get close! I used Urien in SF3, and before that I used to mess around with Guile a LOT in SF2, and I've always kind of liked charge characters. So I'm thinking of maybe pciking up a little Guile.

Also Azza really great games last night! Never played a good Bison either so also found it a tough match. I nearly wanted to cry when I did EX srk out of last life desperation and it totally whiffed the WHOLE WAY UP Bison's damn invincible EX stomp. Blatant! Great play dudes!

Also on a side note Ken, I use my brother's GT for SFIV (Mark Ryan 92) and my main one (xXRamza126Xx) for everything else. When SFIV first came out I played it on my brother's till now. So all my unlocks, points, data and **** is on that one. So just a heads up

Pity you can't transfer save data from profile to profile, I mean, it is the same HDD...

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Maybe you should concentrate on those you can connect to first :P

Yeah you're right. I should play more with everyone except you :pac:

Yeah you're right. I should play more with everyone except you :pac:

Terry the reason you can't connect to other people is quite simple really
    Sagat is a bitch

jk man, want some games? I'll go upstairs and sign in if you're game

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Ramza wrote: »
    I used Urien in SF3, and before that I used to mess around with Guile a LOT in SF2, and I've always kind of liked charge characters. So I'm thinking of maybe pciking up a little Guile.

Pity you can't transfer save data from profile to profile, I mean, it is the same HDD...
    Urien is one of my top fighters alongside Hugo and Vega(of course!).....if he was in SSFIV he'd be my main without a shadow of a doubt.

My brother's profile is on my Xbox as well, it's a total pain.

Terry the reason you can't connect to other people is quite simple really
    Sagat is a bitch

jk man, want some games? I'll go upstairs and sign in if you're game

You're loving those spoilers at the moment aren't you?! I'll be on for a few games now, then I wanna play some modern warfare

You're loving those spoilers at the moment aren't you?!

Oh sorry man did you not know Sagat is rly a bitch? Did I ruin it for you? :eek:

jk xD

Yeah man I'll be on later tonight if you're on and some of tomorrow

GGs to Ken B in 3s tonight! I was a little disapponted at the start since he said he only had time for a few games, but then I think we ended up playing for about 2 hours and had about 35 matches or so. Was rly good fun man! Apart from being on the dredded Xbox pad and playing on the xbox version, it was great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GGs to Ken B in 3s tonight! I was a little disapponted at the start since he said he only had time for a few games, but then I think we ended up playing for about 2 hours and had about 35 matches or so. Was rly good fun man! Apart from being on the dredded Xbox pad and playing on the xbox version, it was great fun!

did u guys play on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Brilliant fun......I got a good kicking, mind! Urien (alongside Alex, Hugo and Dudley) is my fave character, but I had no idea he could do most of that stuff, like that crazy crap when you repeatedly shouder charged me against the wall and whatnot!!! It was the first time I played in about 6 or 7 months (and with a stick) and I kept trying to do wall jumps(and various other Vega moves)! Really awesome performance, my only criticism is that I hate the gold coloured Urien.......Red, Black and Fleshy are the best!!!!

PS: Predictably I got major grief when I eventually went to bed, I'm still in the doghouse....BIGTIME!!

@Placebo: Yep we were playing on XBL. I haven't sorted out GPPO yet....

Hey lads, I have the xbox version aswell. Will be on for a few games tonight. I don't know if we'll be able to connect Ken but we can try. Ramza, we should be able to connect

• Advertisement

isnt it slow on xbl, like just in general, not even on super jumps?
    i cant find my copy ! ugh

2df works better than ggpo
    i might just make a general zip for everyone for 2df [without the rom]
    so its easy

Placebo wrote: »
    isnt it slow on xbl, like just in general, not even on super jumps?
    i cant find my copy ! ugh

Yeah there are moments of slowdown alright, but I can't connect to 2df or ggpo so this is my only way of playing online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

2df works better than ggpo

No it doesn't, afaik there's more input delay

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No it doesn't, afaik there's more input delay

have you tried it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

have you tried it recently?

Nope, but I haven't read anything about them changing the coding, did they improve it? Everything I've seen says that GGPO is better - kuroda plays 3s there instead of 2df, as well as pretty much every good KOF online player (that said a lot of people have trouble connecting to ggpo but can still get on 2df, a problem I had for ages that magically cleared up).

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Great games with sagat06 last night, thought I'd have just a few before bed but it turned into a marathon till bout 2.30 a.m. Excellent Honda, blanka and really enjoyed the ryu mirror matches..sorry bout my overuse of chun. I really need to learn more characters!!!.

oh, it doesnt work well for me anymore, so either there was something up with the server or i assumed it died because of sf4 !

@Ken

I mainly play on 2DF, I only bought the xbox version when I first started years ago to practice when I was away from the comp etc, way before CPS3 emulation. But I don't mind playing on it since we get a great connection in general. The xbox is sucky but it would be MUCH MUCH better if you could hit up 2DF (I can't (well I can, but don't want to) use GGPO). Either way, it's fine, but lemme know

And yes Dreddy, GGPO is better than 2DF in terms of input latency etc. I just can't use GGPO, I found 2DF handier. GGPO tended to slow down and bug a lot on me, and on this ****ty laptop, it's a no go. But maybe when I get my new comp (I'll be on GFWL by then anyway with SFIV)

And Terry, did you try port forwarding? If you have msn I could maybe try and give you a hand

And yeah Farz the xbox version is much much different than arcade
    Ken B wrote: »
    My only criticism is that I hate the gold coloured Urien.......Red, Black and Fleshy are the best!!!!

Dude! You suck! nah jk, Gold Urien = RX, my ****ing hero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

BanjoB wrote: »
    Great games with sagat06 last night, thought I'd have just a few before bed but it turned into a marathon till bout 2.30 a.m. Excellent Honda, blanka and really enjoyed the ryu mirror matches..sorry bout my overuse of chun. I really need to learn more characters!!!.

Great games.. your chun is getting harder to play against!!

Loved the Ryu miror matches, I suck with him but I have more fun with him than any other character!!

• Advertisement

And Terry, did you try port forwarding? If you have msn I could maybe try and give you a hand

Unfortunately I have no control over my campus internet connection. I was blessed that they opened up xbox live for me so I don't wanna push it

Advertisement