Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Friday73

The Cure would be a good one, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Smashing Pumpkins, PJ Harvey or The Specials. Anyway, the Marquee has had some people play there who I never thought possible, so anything is possible really. Furthermore, always go and see the support band, I saw Muse support Ash as part of the Heineken Big Top in June 2001 in the exact same place where the Marquee holds its events now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Tubs mentioned Michael Buble might be playing Cork next year for his tour so fingers crossed he is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz wrote: »
    Tubs mentioned Michael Buble might be playing Cork next year for his tour so fingers crossed he is :D

WTF! Did i miss something?!! When did he say this??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

x43r0 wrote: »
    Weezer would be class!

Foo Fighters - Saw them in marlay park and they were unbelievable

agreed, would be great to see these two..

leahyl wrote: »
    WTF! Did i miss something?!! When did he say this??!!!

I don't think he really said it, well on the Late Late tubridy sort of mentioned cork but it was more like a suggestion perhaps..

• Advertisement

I don't think he really said it, well on the Late Late tubridy sort of mentioned cork but it was more like a suggestion perhaps..

Yes i thought so...!Well you'd never know though!:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes i thought so...!Well you'd never know though!:D

In fact i want him to come so much that i just emailed Aiken Promotions begging them to get him to play the Marquee next year....a bit extreme perhaps...could work though...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

x43r0 wrote: »
    Foo Fighters - Saw them in marlay park and they were unbelievable

Silversun Pickups - They supported the Foos in marlay park and were very good. Like smashing pumpkins but less heavy

Foos pretty unlikely seeing as Grohl is on tour with Them Crooked Vultures

Silversun Pickips were in dublin last week I think

Tubs said Cork so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kb123

Iron Maiden will be touring next summer. Surely that it is a gig for the Marquee that MUST be organised!

Haven't had a metal band there since Slayer a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

kb123 wrote: »
    Iron Maiden will be touring next summer. Surely that it is a gig for the Marquee that MUST be organised!

Haven't had a metal band there since Slayer a few years ago.

Id say Maidens stage setup would probably be far too big for the marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Tony Bennett,
    Live at the Marquee, Cork
    Thursday 8 July 2010, tix on Sale Monday 21 December at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

TONY BENNETT LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CORK 8 JULY 2010,

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/494/105/

Bumble32 wrote: »
    TONY BENNETT LIVE AT THE MARQUEE CORK 8 JULY 2010,

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/494/105/

This could bode well for getting Buble there as he's a big fan of Bennett so if he hears he's going to Marquee maybe he'll tag along?! LOL!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kb123

Probably would be. In that case how about a gig at the Páirc! Hasn't been a gig there for a while. Maiden would be perfect! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

i would like to see van the man, horseslips and kd lang all 3 of these would make my summer.

I'm sure they could always adjust the set according to space etc..the set used on their Ed Force One Tour didn't look too big/wide. I wonder can the stage area in the marquee be widened?
    Jaysus, I've love to see Maiden play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aisr

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Michael Buble...but the "Marquee" wouldn't do him justice!

I totally agree, I would absolutley LOVE to see Michael Buble play at the Marquee. It would be amazing

aisr wrote: »
    I totally agree, I would absolutley LOVE to see Michael Buble play at the Marquee. It would be amazing

and it would get me so many brownie points with the missus if I could secure tickets for it too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

+ 1

• Advertisement

Cheryl Cole is touring Ireland and UK around this time so maybe she is a possibility for the Marquee :(

JP Liz wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole is touring Ireland and UK around this time so maybe she is a possibility for the Marquee :(

ah jaysus :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Would like to see Jason mraz/Rodrigo y Gabriela/Bon Jovi(i can dream :p)/Aslan

• Registered Users Posts: 86,562 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jedward :p could be there maybe supporting JLS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

MEGADETH

LIVE AT THE MARQUEE, CORK

14 JUNE 2010

TICKETS ON SALE THIS FRIDAY 5 FEB AT 9AM

Tickets will be €39.50 on sale this Fri at 9am from all ticketmaster outlets nationwide, booking line no. 0819 719 300 online at www.ticketmaster.ie

http://www.megadeth.com

MADNESS

LIVE AT THE MARQUEE, CORK

FRIDAY 9 JULY 2010

TICKETS ON SALE THIS FRIDAY 5 FEB AT 9am

MADNESS return to play Live at the Marquee, Cork on

Friday 9th July 2010 they played to a sold out Marquee crowd back on 5th July 2007.

Tickets: €59.80 GA & Seated on sale this Friday 5th Feb at 9am from all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, booking line no.0818 719 300 online. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I am definitely going to try and go to megadeth.

prices for Megadeth seem reasonable no?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,562 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

One Republic are playing the Savoy i would have thought they would be a good for the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Megadeth should be great!

Hope The Prodigy come back, they've a few European dates around July

Kasabian too, they should make up for cancelling last year

Apart from them looks like Jack Johnson will be doing the festivals, wouldn't be surprised to see him added

The Pixies will be touring parts of Europe in June too, great band live, would love to see them play Cork
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    One Republic are playing the Savoy i would have thought they would be a good for the Marquee

If they did, might get a bit quite after two songs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Yeah hopefully The Prodigy come back, they were insane last year!

Wouldn't mind Florence + The Machine either.

Although it would seem highly unlikely, Rage promised a free gig in England during the summer, maybe they might play a gig over here too? :rolleyes:

Advertisement