Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live At The Marquee 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is any other artist taking Chris Brown and Horslips places?

This has the be worst line up ever in the Marquee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is any other artist taking Chris Brown and Horslips places?

This has the be worst line up ever in the Marquee

Id hope so, but doubt it. Chris Brown should be on next Tuesday so Id say its too late notice. They should just get in a dj and have a big club night. Charge a tenner! Be the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Why aren't they trying for younger acts? Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons, The STrokes, The Coral . If they weren't big enough put a few on the same bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

Heading to the Marquee for Grizzly Bear. Its my fist time going ... Any Do'd or Don't ?

Walk/Taxi tot he venue ?
    Drink in City Centre or Near the venue ?
    What is the bar situation inside the Marquee ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

mullyfive0 wrote: »
    Heading to the Marquee for Grizzly Bear. Its my fist time going ... Any Do'd or Don't ?

Walk/Taxi tot he venue ?
    Drink in City Centre or Near the venue ?
    What is the bar situation inside the Marquee ?

Cheers.

In reverse order:

Lots of queueing for overpriced piss in a plastic glass;

Some nice pubs on the way to the venue, Idle Hour, The Sextant but they will be busy;

If it's a nice night it's worth walking there - it's not too far - nice atmosphere normally;

Usual Dos and Don'ts of any big gig. Don't be a tool, don't get too pissed, don't be precious about the sound - it's a big bloody tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

2 seated tickets available for westlife. tues july 6. let me know if you are interested. thanks.

I'm not:D

and they re gone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Does anyone know what time the box office opens at to collect tickets? :)

Was Justin Bieber supporting JLS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Looking forward to seeing Madness there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mega-offaly

Jako8 wrote: »
    Can't see Megadeth. Stupid leaving cert grumble grumble...

Harsh!! My brother has the same "problem", That was a brilliant gig...:D

5 euro for the car park is way too much :mad:

there is no need. Just park around the corner from the venue for nothing

got parking at 7.45 last night on the road ( grassy bit ) no prob. the car park was crazy getting out . we were home before my friend got out of it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

any idea why Westlife skipped a section of the concert last night? Home, Shadows, Already there etc..... sang them at all the other gigs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

got parking at 7.45 last night on the road ( grassy bit ) no prob. the car park was crazy getting out . we were home before my friend got out of it !!

And cos that was bad enough last night the tunnel is closed tonight from 8pm to 7am and each night till sunday. Then throw in the quays being closed for the cork clipper race and you are going to have mayhem there tonight.

I went to the Westlife concert on Tuesday night with my sister and my niece and her friends and the concert seemed very short started around 8.25 and over by 9.50 and Westlife had clothes changes in between and I dont think they was any support act either way too expensive and the stage show and lighting was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

only popped in here as i am heading to cork in 2 weeks and was checking to see if ye mentioned any stuff to do ...but i can tell ye why westlife left cork early tuesday night ..it was cause they came back to adare to play for the jp msmanus charity ball after the golfing

they were fantastic apparently !

no way !!!!!!!!!!!!! im disgusted if that true. did they get choppered up ? what time did the wed night finish at ??

• Advertisement

is that really why they left early??? if so I'm very disappointed, have been a huge fan for years, obviously paid a lot of hard earned money for concert tickets, dvd's cd's etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭dodger50

Does anyone out there have a problem with the view of the stage from the side blocks C and D? I have now had 2 very iffy experiences from these blocks at sit down concerts - you can't see the whole stage and I bought tickets fairly early on. Disgusted really. This certainly wouldn't be the case at Grand Canal, O2, INEC or anywhere else. Although the acts are potentially good, I feel there's a bit of a rip off going on here. Unless you're in Block A (centre) or B with binoculars, forget it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I went to the Westlife concert on Tuesday night with my sister and my niece and her friends and the concert seemed very short started around 8.25 and over by 9.50 and Westlife had clothes changes in between and I dont think they was any support act either way too expensive and the stage show and lighting was poor

I thought wonderland supported them no? I have friends who went who have pics of them too

akamossy wrote: »
    I thought wonderland supported them no? I have friends who went who have pics of them too

They must have been on early so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I went to JLS and we were slap bang in front of a pole!! Couldn't see a thing, luckily the people who had seats a bit over from us decided to stand so we moved.

yip confirmed it . westlife did travel back to play adare on tues night. if its true that the wed night concert went on for longer than the tues night then i think its really a really bad reflection on weslife.
    did anyone go to the wed concert? if so what time did it finish and how long did they play for ? ( before i go all righteous id better get my facts straight ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

they came on around 9.20 and finished around 10.50, so in around the same time, i think this is a good enough length for a concert i have definatly been to more concerts that were shorter not as many that would be longer..

there was no support act either, just music dont even think it was a dj, brilliant concert tho!! Thought €55 was reasonable enough

did they change into white clothes and sing Home, Shadows, Reach Out and Already There?
    I'm very annoyed to think that our show was rushed.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Helisuorsa

nuts86 wrote: »
    they came on around 9.20 and finished around 10.50, so in around the same time, i think this is a good enough length for a concert i have definatly been to more concerts that were shorter not as many that would be longer..

there was no support act either, just music dont even think it was a dj, brilliant concert tho!! Thought €55 was reasonable enough

Not true at all, doors were open at 7 and a guy with a guitar came out and sung a few songs followed by a girl band called wonderland. So two support acts, and then Westlife! Think it was more than worth the money good show, and lights looked nice, they had a big video screen too. I was standing in the middle and was great view and could hear very well, sounded very good. Not sure what peoples problem with the show was at all!!! Get there early and enjoy the show, dont turn up late and think its too short!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Madness Rocked tonight!!!!
    Go on the sca!!!!!!!!!!:D:D and the carlsberg, lol

Advertisement