Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ieboards Blackout Cup II Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Ha ha, you wait for our league match Orizio. Have i got a treat for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Whats the story with the weather? It shows a dark cloud and rain in the top part thats always there and then in the pre-match report its showing just clouds!?!? I set my tactics according the other report. I would have set them dif i i had seen that one first. Anyone seen this difference before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

JohnButler wrote: »
    Flip it! Just in from work and totally forgot to set my team!!

Ah well.

you just reminded me! damn! on bus home so thing that can be done! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ha ha, you wait for our league match Orizio. Have i got a treat for you!!

TBH, my team will have almost completely knackered energy levels by that stage, so it wouldn't suprise me if you won.

eoferrall wrote: »
    you just reminded me! damn! on bus home so thing that can be done! :(

just discovered I have a walkover... damn and never arranged a friendly! :(:(

• Advertisement

Well so far, not so good. Have lost my full back and replacement full back to injuries. Stupid WNWIM.:mad:

10 apiece so far.

Orizio wrote: »
    TBH, my team will have almost completely knackered energy levels by that stage, so it wouldn't suprise me if you won.

Heres hoping!:D

Just lost my number 8!! FFS!!:mad::mad::mad:

Just lost my number 8!! FFS!!:mad::mad::mad:

Here's hoping you lose the other 13! :pac:

This is not a good day out!

• Advertisement

Here's hoping you lose the other 13! :pac:

Now now Orizio. Be nice.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I must say I'm feeling like a bit of a fool. I assumed I had no chance against Dave's Dangermen so fielded a full 2nd string team and played WNWIM, yet only lost by a converted try. Depending on how my cup match goes I'll be kicking myself over this one.
    17 - 24 Dangermen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Results are up on the offsite.

Won my game 26-6 against dead hard fcukers. Got the bonus too so at am top of my group now with 10 points. I only played normal too and was missing my 2 first choice props. I even had tactics to keep it really tight as it said rain but then changed to dry. Delighted with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Good win Suppafly. I had to play WNWIM as I am playing a cup match Wednesday. Still there was a silver lining, 3 of my players popped and I had no long term injuries in the game !

I see they have reset every teams LTNT to 100% ?

That is a nightmare for me, I have been very careful using it whereas other teams have been belting away and are now fooked. Extremely lucky break for some. I reckon my cup opposition was on zero LTNT, I may have to play that way now to beat them.

jprender wrote: »

That is a nightmare for me, I have been very careful using it whereas other teams have been belting away and are now fooked. Extremely lucky break for some. I reckon my cup opposition was on zero LTNT, I may have to play that way now to beat them.

... what.... the.... fupp ?!

I'm preparing myself to get extremely pissed off at this, as I'm sure others are too. Put a lot of effort into keeping my LTNT up for the cup while sacrificing league and BIE Cup... grrr... :mad:

Ya me too. I've been just saving it for a number of tough league matches and a leaving it out for the BIE cup. Fairly crap tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Surely if they would be on zero LTNT their energy levels would be shot anyway which means they shouldn't LTNT. Although that is very small consolation and by no means a gaurantee.

It also means a major rethink of my carefully worked out strategy for the league as teams I thought would be low on LTNT will now be back up to full.

Luckily myself and Blendage have a WNWIM agreement newly in place for this weekend so the effect of this is lessened on us, but still poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

mar-z wrote: »
    Surely if they would be on zero LTNT their energy levels would be shot anyway which means they shouldn't LTNT. Although that is very small consolation and by no means a gaurantee.

Most of his team are on "exasperated" energy levels. He will definitely use LTNT for this cup game though if he wants to win it.

I should have enough to beat them using normal; I am at home, all my players will be perfect energy, and I am about 100k better off on the CSR front.

I don't like it though.

Only thing about my team at the moment is the form. Hooker average, back-up hooker limited, flyhalf average, centre average. Most of the others are satisfactory. Seriously, my players form only seems to go one way. It's killing me. :(

Actually yeah... hopefully the aul energy levels will be my saving grace. I'm in the process of changing up my line-up but haven't brought the numbers down to 28, this has allowed me to field a complete 2nd string team for the last two games so the whole first team should have some fresh new grooves. Won't last for long though, tis killing me in the wages.

• Advertisement

Good win Suppafly. I had to play WNWIM as I am playing a cup match Wednesday. Still there was a silver lining, 3 of my players popped and I had no long term injuries in the game !

Fantastic! :pac:

My player energy levels are still **** though.

Results are up on the offsite.

I'm about 99% certain that I beat ALBA there Dave. :pac:

I'm about 99% certain that I beat ALBA there Dave. :pac:
    I'm not so sure. Perhaps we should ask the audience :D

It's actually fixed now.

Results for round 3 are up. Match of the weeks looks to be Scorched Earth scraping past killarney to leave them neck and neck with forza juve in pool 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Results for round 3 are up. Match of the weeks looks to be Scorched Earth scraping past killarney to leave them neck and neck with forza juve in pool 1.

What a tough loss that was. I was up 21-17 in the 81st minute when the Earth scored a disputed try :). Ref went to the TMO but the TMO took too much time to make a decision so the Ref gave the Earth the try. He must of been from Sweden. :D

Eireannach wrote: »
    What a tough loss that was. I was up 21-17 in the 81st minute when the Earth scored a disputed try :). Ref went to the TMO but the TMO took too much time to make a decision so the Ref gave the Earth the try. He must of been from Sweden. :D

The stats suggest otherwise. ;)

Anyway, unlucky.

Beat The Parrish 10-3. Unlucky for the boys, seems to be quite a tight match and he obviously gave me hell... came away with three injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ouch. :pac:

I pure forgot about the match today and lost 20-10to Everyone loves a tryer :(

• Advertisement

suppafly wrote: »
    I pure forgot about the match today and lost 20-10to Everyone loves a tryer :(

was 22-10 no? ;) seemed a good game from when i read through it last night, we both played wnwim?

also think i discovered new hooker! new YA promotion i was thinkin of selling had a stormer! nxt time suppafly! ;)

Advertisement