Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ieboards Blackout Cup II Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Orizio wrote: »
    The stats suggest otherwise. ;)

Anyway, unlucky.

Very true, stats wise I was dominated.

How the cup trophies looking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

My Parrish 17-7 down to Daves Dangermen after 25 odd mins [somthing to distract me while Im still at work!]!

It seems a miracle that its that close tbh - as he is all over me [has 4 times my meters gained [for example]]

Its ok, using it to give young guys and subs a game, so a game is a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Yeah, my reserves appear to have put on quite an attacking show. a pity my full team couldnt do that against Forza Juve on sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Results are up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Looks like my team stomped 'The Simpletons' 0-50 scoring 8 tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

reviewing my match there and came across this little gem!
    Oh, we have a streaker. Big, hairy and ugly. That one must have escaped from the zoo. OH!! Big hit by that security lady. He's not going to get up from that. There's great applause coming from the crowd as the guy is dragged off by his hair!

close win it seems, good game dead hard fcukers! came down to the kickers! (and you destroying my centres that I ended up with my reserve hooker in 1st centre!:o) oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Eireannach wrote: »
    How the cup trophies looking? :)

Would you like to make them? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

whats the format once the group stages finish? is it top 2 teams in each pool go through with the top team having the home fixture against a second placed team from another group like the world cup?

whats the format once the group stages finish? is it top 2 teams in each pool go through with the top team having the home fixture against a second placed team from another group like the world cup?
    Top team from each pool goes straight to a cup semi final. Second placed team from each pool goes to a semi for a 'silver' cup, and likewise with the third placed teams.

• Advertisement

Top team from each pool goes straight to a cup semi final. Second placed team from each pool goes to a semi for a 'silver' cup, and likewise with the third placed teams.

how do you decide who gets the home fixture?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I've won a game.

Two in a row now.

A Lovely Bunch Altogether might just be back. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

That's not how it worked last year.

Aren't all teams going to have something to play for after the group stages ? :confused:

Do you know what format and size they should be? I can give it a shot.

Do we need just 3 trophies, one for each winner of the different levels of the cup?

Do you know what format and size they should be? I can give it a shot.

Do we need just 3 trophies, one for each winner of the different levels of the cup?

Yes.

I can temporarily make you an admin.

My best effort25748799.png. Not great, but might do until somebody with actual photoshop skills turns up?

Well we need three different ones anyway. We could use that for the bottom rank.

jprender wrote: »
    That's not how it worked last year.

Aren't all teams going to have something to play for after the group stages ? :confused:
    Good spot jprender, I'm dead wrong. (no change there then ;))
    Look here, I won't try and summarise, I'll only screw it up again:D

Just realised that the missing team is going to complicate the 'try harder trophy' knockout a little. As it stands, the 'walkover' team I created to keep the league tables happy is at the bottom of pool 4. In the normal run of things this would mean that the 5th placed team in pool 3 will get a walkover in the quarter final, and a +20 point differential toward home advantage in the semi.

I think that giving the walkover to the best qualifier (ie the 5th place team with the highest points) would be fairer, but it would complicate things a bit more.

Orizio, do you want to make a ruling on this?

Just realised that the missing team is going to complicate the 'try harder trophy' knockout a little. As it stands, the 'walkover' team I created to keep the league tables happy is at the bottom of pool 4. In the normal run of things this would mean that the 5th placed team in pool 3 will get a walkover in the quarter final, and a +20 point differential toward home advantage in the semi.

I think that giving the walkover to the best qualifier (ie the 5th place team with the highest points) would be fairer,
    but it would complicate things a bit more.

Orizio, do you want to make a ruling on this?

Sounds good.

• Advertisement

My best effort25748799.png. Not great, but might do until somebody with actual photoshop skills turns up?

I have a friend of mine taking a shot on them. Once she is done, I'll post them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

bah - lost 47-0, so much for WNWIM among boards members :(

im gutted. after an epic and heroic encounter with munster mark ii, it ended 12 points a piece, i finished only 3rd in the pool as yermen won their game. damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

im gutted. after an epic and heroic encounter with munster mark ii, it ended 12 points a piece, i finished only 3rd in the pool as yermen won their game. damn it!

Was a cracking game Johnny... initially I thought I would win narrowly but was holding my breath for the last 5 mins!

I have a friend of mine taking a shot on them. Once she is done, I'll post them up.

Great stuff! Send me a PM and I'll make you an admin so you can upload them.

bah - lost 47-0, so much for WNWIM among boards members :(

Did you specifically agree to a WNWIM agreement with this person prior to the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I lost my game 15-31 against XaviXI. I had to play most of my second string guys almost as the first teams energy was only on fit/sprightly and I also needed to get my LTNT back up again

Was a cracking game Johnny... initially I thought I would win narrowly but was holding my breath for the last 5 mins!

i think we'll need a rematch sometime in future to get a winner! 0-0 at half time and then went 12-0 down! i was lucky to get draw at end. definitely one of the more entertaining games ive had on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Forgot to change my team for this and lost badly. Oops. :p

• Advertisement

Results and fixtures for the playoffs are up now. As per usual, shout if you see problems.

Advertisement