Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World Sales Person Problem

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

So in PC World today buying a laptop (for Christmas from the parents to me :D), so anyway, go over to the office place when you're asked if you want some crappy 3 year warranty for €150 ( I did in my swiss), and then told that I get Office for only €80 and before I said yes to that asked if Office 2003 works (which I have a disc for) on Windows Vista and she said no, so I buy it as it's €60 cheaper than buying it without a laptop so low and behold I come home and check the internet and ask my cousin whos a computer engineer and Office 2003 DOES work on Windows Vista.

In for a refund on the Office 2007 and a letter of complaint to PC World HQ.:mad:
    I don't think you actually have any legal rights here to demand a refund. You were not sold something that did not work for the purpose specified. You may have been given incorrect advice about something you already owned but PC World did not break any laws even though they gave incorrect information. If PC World say no here I don't see how you have any come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

'BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE. INSTEAD, RETURN IT TO THE RETAILER FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft’s refund policies.'

Here

Just return it and say you dont agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Case closed, licence refused = refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭BlubberyGiraffe

I appreciate what you are saying and you seem well informed on the tech issues but I can tell you their management structure is rotten as is their corporate moral, they as has been said sell to the uninformed using lies and confusion.
    ch750536 wrote: »
    Feel for you bud, hope it works out. PM me any funny stories you have in the future, I always like to read these. Am sure the people you are buying stuff for wouldn.t mind less stuff, you're a student....

Cheers lads. Hopefully it turns out to be more than just a "seasonal" contract. I can see where you're all coming from though. Hopefully it wont turn into a place where politics are more important than just doing your job.

Personally I have my own vendetta against GAME.. so we all have store we hate I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Cheers lads. Hopefully it turns out to be more than just a "seasonal" contract. I can see where you're all coming from though. Hopefully it wont turn into a place where politics are more important than just doing your job.

Personally I have my own vendetta against GAME.. so we all have store we hate I guess!

I used to work for game a long time back. I was a student then. My branch was fine, at least 30% of my job was playing the games instore, we used to have competitions for the punters, beat the employee at GT etc.

Pay was crap but conditions were fine.

We accepted returns if still wrapped, all games were wrapped at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Went in today to the Tallaght branch (go to college in ITT and it's alot handier than going all the way out to Blanch especially when the Castleknock gate of the Phoenix Park is closed), and didn't get a refund. Supposely I'm not intitled to a cash refund as I (the mammy) paid the majority of it on a laser card. €180 for paid in cash and €300 on laser, so how the feck could the manager of the shop not give me my €0 refund in cash, load of b*llocks. Now have to waste another lunch tomorrow to go over with my mams laser card to get a refund, certainly a poxy company when it comes to customer service.

Normal procedure to inconvience the customer by most companies nowadays, some cowboys.

MC

Went in today to the Tallaght branch (go to college in ITT and it's alot handier than going all the way out to Blanch especially when the Castleknock gate of the Phoenix Park is closed), and didn't get a refund. Supposely I'm not intitled to a cash refund as I (the mammy) paid the majority of it on a laser card. €180 for paid in cash and €300 on laser, so how the feck could the manager of the shop not give me my €0 refund in cash, load of b*llocks. Now have to waste another lunch tomorrow to go over with my mams laser card to get a refund, certainly a poxy company when it comes to customer service.
    Its not their fault that you paid that way.
    Normal procedure to inconvience the customer by most companies nowadays, some cowboys.
    MC
    Thats just a rubbish statement on so many levels.

axer wrote: »

Thats just a rubbish statement on so many levels.

Which is it so? Please be very specific, there is no reason neither accounting or otherwise that a business insists on inconveniencing a customer by this nonsense. You seem to like DSG a lot. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

axer wrote: »

Will you get off your high horse, I paid cash for the mircosoft office along with a €100 on the laptop. It's not my poxy fault some sales person told me completely false information.

• Advertisement

Which is it so? Please be very specific, there is no reason neither accounting or otherwise that a business insists on inconveniencing a customer by this nonsense. You seem to like DSG a lot. :rolleyes:
    No don't say that - they eat babies!! :rolleyes: I presume they have a policy of refunding the same method that was paid. i.e. cards refunded to cards and cash refunded to cash. I would assume this is because there are fees associated with taking most types of cards thus if they refund in cash then they are the ones to take the hit of the fee.

You want me to be specific when I see this posted above my post?
    Yes, all companies eat babies!! :rolleyes:
    Will you get off your high horse, I paid cash for the mircosoft office along with a €100 on the laptop. It's not my poxy fault some sales person told me completely false information.
    What does it show on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oh for feck's sake lads, you're squabbling like children.

Gavin "shels" - sorry to do this to you, but I'm going to close this thread.

PC World are entitled to refund you via the method you used to pay. However, given that you paid in cash and laser, they could at least refund you cash - just for the sake of good customer service.

Best of luck.

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement