Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easiest subjects?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hey guys just wondering what would be in your opinion the easiest subjects to pick up in a year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

Maths + Physics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Amyyy

Depends really, I'd say geography and maths. Its hard to say cos for most subjects the course is spread out over 2 years, 5th and 6th year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Condoms wrote: »
    Maths + Physics
    In a year? That's madness imo!

I think Accounting, Applied Maths (must be good at maths and physics is a great help imo), Geography (maybe), Ag Science too.

Tbh Ag Economics could be done in 6 months (the notes are only 73 pages long) but I don't want to sound too biased! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

I'd say physics and geography and maybe english.English is simple to get a B in as is physics and geography.Night before job really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

meathawk wrote: »
    I'd say physics and geography and maybe english.English is simple to get a B in as is physics and geography.Night before job really.

I think Physics is nice if you have a mechanical and mathematic mind but there is a lot of course work to cover. If she's aiming for an A1 8 months doesn't seem like enough time for Physics to me, but it depends how good she is at maths imo

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

It doesn't matter what's easy, it's about what you like and what you want to do in the future. But I'd say Maths and Biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

i'd go for economics, very short course. We done it all last year, now we're doing it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'd say technology or construction if available and your good with your hands, each have a project worth 50% before you even it the exam and the theory is simple :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Business

/Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Its different for different people. I'm reading other posts thinking that not easy at all! But in my opinion i'd say geography, its a lot of the juniour cert course and general knowledge and then a few extra things aswel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

hmmmm

i think DCG qould be pretty easy ina year except for the project but in fairness it is pretty standard so it would be done

ahhm also probably social scientific or accounting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Business or Ag. Science
    Common sense subjects, sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Maths a physics...Are ye mad:confused:

Economics and Ag science are two one year coruses and are very simple :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

I'd say Business. I find it the easiest out of my subjects

Just wondering, is there any crossovers between Business and Economics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Accounting, if you have a good teacher. No learning involved, just plain method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

Physic+ maths ( A1 and B1 HL for me this year)

1. No need to write essays
    2. Short answers and calculations only
    3. Your hand will not be tired after exams
    4. Practice exam papers are the key to success

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

hey guys just wondering what would be in your opinion the easiest subjects to pick up in a year?

Economics is notoriously easy to do in just one year

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

In a year? That's madness imo!

I think Accounting, Applied Maths (must be good at maths and physics is a great help imo), Geography (maybe), Ag Science too.

Tbh Ag Economics could be done in 6 months (the notes are only 73 pages long) but I don't want to sound too biased! :)

Is ag science regarded as a Science subject in courses such as primary school teaching? I know Home ec , social and scientific isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

bloodmager wrote: »

ah yeah but some of us are crap at maths!!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Maths (of which physics is just a real world extension) comes easier to some people. For example I can manipulate algebra as easy as breathing (similar thinking helps for programming) but learning the theory or rote learning, neither come easily to me.
    And the physics theory is not simple in several areas.
    bloodmager wrote: »

Don't be stupid. "calculations only" are no help to people who cannot handle them. Short answers, sure, but if you don't know say the entire topic of heat, said answer'll not come to mind easily.
    Short does not = easy.

However I must agree, practice, practice, practice. In any subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Nanaki wrote: »
    Maths (of which physics is just a real world extension) comes easier to some people. For example I can manipulate algebra as easy as breathing (similar thinking helps for programming) but learning the theory or rote learning, neither come easily to me.
    And the physics theory is not simple in several areas.

Don't be stupid. "calculations only" are no help to people who cannot handle them. Short answers, sure, but if you don't know say the entire topic of heat, said answer'll not come to mind easily.
    Short does not = easy.
    QUOTE]

The good thing about maths/physics is the new log tables, everything is in there!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I picked up biology in about 6 weeks and got a D.

So I would give that my vote. I disagree with Physics, because there are alot of things to memorize like the definitions. Fine if your good at memorizing definitions, but if your not, then it can be very time consuming.

I did economics in TY and found it dead easy. Even got an A in the exams with minimal effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Ag. science is a nice subject if you have a general interest in nature/biology.

You should give a bit more info on subjects you've already done?liked.

Personally thought Ag Science was a piece of piss and hated Geo when I tried to do it in a year. Knew others who were the opposite as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

If you're good at learning off large chunks of information and reproducing it, then I'd suggest either Geography or Business. Though, you have to do a project thing for Geography, so I'd lean towards Business, which is basically just waffle, because if you're doing it on your own, the project might just make things more difficult with having someone sign off on it and whatever.

But it really depends on where your strengths and/or interests lie, really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I've a mate who took up Biology in 6 months and was 3 marks of an A1, and many people say Biology is a heavy course.

It's up to yourself, find what interests you and go with that.

Although, I'd go with Accounting if I were you if you understood the Bookkeeping q's for JC Business. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Ag Science is not easy unless you have a good textbook, notes and teacher. I'm finding it hard at the moment because it so all over the place and theres so many individual topics with few of them actually related

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

stainluss wrote: »
    The good thing about maths/physics is the new log tables, everything is in there!;)

Don't be ridiculous.
    It was an awful move by the department of education.
    You need to know those formulae off the top of your head, and how they're related like the back of your hand.
    That way you can look at a problem, and not only see the thought process involved in how to solve it, but see what your method of going about that might be.
    It's truer still in physics.
    In my opinion, it won't improve students' results, only fool them into thinking "ah sure it's easy, you're given all the calculations".

I look forward to reading over this coming summer's exam papers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

business if you can learn off the stuff and apply it correctly in the papers, state, explain, example.

Ag science if you are doing biology.

It does depend on where your strengths lie as to where your easiest subject would be - everyone is different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The easiest I'm doing is Business

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 timeforheroes01

Applied Maths / DCG simple as

Advertisement