Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

title of play?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 5:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello everyone,
    i have a pretty weird and hard to answer request.
    I was in a play when i was in Dramsoc in UCD in 2003, and i cant remember the playwright, or the plays title.
    all i know is that my character was called Helen. the play was English and i thiiiiiiiiink, set in the 50's, but i could be wrong.

the cast was 4, a woman, her husband, her best friend (helen) and the husbands friend.

The bits i can remember are that the husband and wife do not get on, the wife is really weak and pathetic and the husband is a bully. his friend is lazy. the two of them just slob about all day.

The wife and husband fight a lot, the wife rings Helen to come visit to give her a break. Helen arrives and hates the husband. she is a very strong, fiesty character. the husband and helen are sarcastic and argumentative with each other, they end up having a massive argument which results in them kissing, the wife leaves, and i cant remember the rest.

can ANYONE help me track down the title of the play? ive already internet searched as far as i can go.
    any suggestions/ideas/advice would be hugely appreciated
    thanks so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Might the friend have been called Helena? They play sounds like Look Back In Anger, by John Osborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Oroel

Thankyou so much!

you are a STAR. cant believe i forgot her name was Helena not Helen.
    its a great play.
    Thankyou again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Oroel wrote: »
    Thankyou so much!

you are a STAR. cant believe i forgot her name was Helena not Helen.
    its a great play.
    Thankyou again

It is good, isn't it? There was a film version with Richard Burton as Jimmy. You might be able to pick it up somewhere if you want an evening of nostalgia.

Advertisement