Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Predator is on tonight in the screen who's going? - Drinks in Doyles if any boardsies are there at 6 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

allanb49 wrote: »
    Predator is on tonight in the screen who's going? - Drinks in Doyles if any boardsies are there at 6 or so
    Screen 1 was sold out. Screen 3 was also meant to have been pretty full as well. Lots of laughs at all the old lines, and people quoting lines together. Gonna skip Conan, but will be at the Terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Predator on the big screen was how it was meant to be seen! More enjoyable seeing it that night than the new Predators. Roll on Predator 2 screening. Plus there was a little bit of a Predators theme on the night ....
    IMG_5928.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

They were probably there to see 'His and Hers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brideochucky

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    Predator on the big screen was how it was meant to be seen! More enjoyable seeing it that night than the new Predators. Roll on Predator 2 screening. Plus there was a little bit of a Predators theme on the night ....

Are they showing Predator 2? It's not 80's, I'lll go see Terminator if they promise to play Terminator 2 that's 90s ... why does it take so long to make a sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Not too sure but am just hoping they screen P2 sometime down the line :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 brideochucky

They have a vote box and they can't ignore 300 suggestions. Is anyone going to the outdoor screening of Indiana Jones in Dundrum? I really want to see it but I'm not sure how they can play it outdoors at 7pm, don't they have to wait till it's pitch black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

They have a vote box and they can't ignore 300 suggestions. Is anyone going to the outdoor screening of Indiana Jones in Dundrum? I really want to see it but I'm not sure how they can play it outdoors at 7pm, don't they have to wait till it's pitch black.

I think their screen is similar to the one in Temple Bar Meeting Square, in that it is bright enough to show films on during daylight.

Not mu cup of tea though, don't like outdoor movies much at all.

A decent drive-in theater would be sweet though.

Have you seen how dark it is outside right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Predator on the big screen was awesome!
    so much better than the new one.
    They were probably there to see 'His and Hers'

The girl accidentally gave me tickets for this instead of Predator, then when I went back she wasn't even going to print out more for me, then screen 1 sold out.

She nearly had me seeing this :eek:
    An enchanting portrait of Irish women sharing frank, funny and moving stories of their relationships with men from childhood through courting to marriage and old age

• Advertisement

Yeah. But one of the women was married to a velociraptor. So there's something for everyone in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ferris Bueller in Dundrum tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I see Breakfast at Tiffany's is on several times, any chance of Predator 1 again? i could'nt make it on Monday...:(

terminatorposteri.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Mon 26th July
    Screen 3 .. 8.30pm
    Screen 1 .. 9.00pm

dirtydancing.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Thurs 29th July @ 9.00pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

OutlawPete wrote: »
    terminatorposteri.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Mon 26th July
    Screen 3 .. 8.30pm
    Screen 1 .. 9.00pm

I got my tickets! WOOT!!!

Give me your clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Can anyone tell me are all these old films always sold out or could i get tickets an hour before the show? Also is there car parking at the Screen cinema? Cheers guys.

hitman79 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me are all these old films always sold out or could i get tickets an hour before the show? Also is there car parking at the Screen cinema? Cheers guys.

You'll get a ticket for most no problem.

Screen have been cool with putting on extra shows so far, not sure about every week though.

The Breakfast Club will sell out for sure if it's just once screen.

As for parking, all meters and loading bays are free after 7pm but there is a multi story just across in Fleet St if you wanted to make sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

You'll get a ticket for most no problem.

Screen have been cool with putting on extra shows so far, not sure about every week though.

The Breakfast Club will sell out for sure if it's just once screen.

As for parking, all meters and loading bays are free after 7pm but there is a multi story just across in Fleet St if you wanted to make sure.

Cheers for the quick reply Outlaw Pete. Might take herself to Dirty Dancing during the week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I really need to head up to one of these, was anyone at Predator? do people get into it saying the lines or does everyone stay quiet? I wouldnt mind a rowdy audienc for these, we'e all seen these movies a billion times so its not like you have to listen to everything, I'd prefer to see them with a fun audience, I've seen them enough times in silence at home :D

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    do people get into it saying the lines or does everyone stay quiet?

Anyone who says a line is told to stfu very quickly and rightly so too.

At Gremlins some twit beside me kept trying to impress his g/f by saying the lines out loud before they were said, she loved it .. people in the row in front told him to button it.

People want to see there favourite movies on the big screen, and watch them with people who love the movies as much as they do, not hear others saying the lines aloud.

There is a fantastic atmosphere at them, you should attend one for sure.

Cool,well as long as theres atmosphere and not the typical Irish audience thing of showing no appreciation whatsoever for movies then its all good. nobody likes a smartarse but at least if people are into it that'd be fine. must keep an eye out for future stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I really need to head up to one of these, was anyone at Predator? do people get into it saying the lines or does everyone stay quiet? I wouldnt mind a rowdy audienc for these, we'e all seen these movies a billion times so its not like you have to listen to everything, I'd prefer to see them with a fun audience, I've seen them enough times in silence at home :D

I was at Predator and Conan the Barbarian, mind you I was pretty deaf at the time for Predator but lots of cheering, didn't really notice people shouting out lines loudly, probably lots of lips moving though :pac:

Good atmosphere at both, but like Pete said you want to hear Arnie saying the lines, enough of everyone else saying it before and after the movie!

Will probably check out Terminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Is the breakfast club on again?? anyone know when?

Thanks! :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Is the breakfast club on again?? anyone know when?

Thanks! :D

Wed Aug 11th and Pretty in Pink is on the next day.

I will put up the usual reminder on the Friday before that with screen times.

Has Aliens ever been shown? I'd kill to see that on a big screen, or T2

Has Aliens ever been shown? I'd kill to see that on a big screen, or T2

You can vote for that in the Part II of the Screen's 80's screenings.

It is still being voted on here:

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/06/play-it-again-sam-80s.html

I voted for Withnail & I.

Winning movies announced July 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Anyone who says a line is told to stfu very quickly and rightly so too.

At Gremlins some twit beside me kept trying to impress his g/f by saying the lines out loud before they were said, she loved it .. people in the row in front told him to button it.

People want to see there favourite movies on the big screen, and watch them with people who love the movies as much as they do, not hear others saying the lines aloud.

There is a fantastic atmosphere at them, you should attend one for sure.

Wasn't like that at Goonies. Loads of people were saying the lines and cheering for specific characters. And I dont think anyone minded. the atmo was amazing!
    Cant wait to see Terminator!

Skinfull wrote: »
    Wasn't like that at Goonies. Loads of people were saying the lines and cheering for specific characters. And I dont think anyone minded. the atmo was amazing!
    Cant wait to see Terminator!

See thats what I want, a fan screening, we've all seen these movies countless times so its sucking the fun out of it expecting everyone to sit there silently ,usually I hate when people talk at the cinema but you're not going just for the movie, its for the atmosphere.

• Advertisement

You can vote for that in the Part II of the Screen's 80's screenings.

It is still being voted on here:

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/06/play-it-again-sam-80s.html

I voted for Withnail & I.

Winning movies announced July 30th.

There's a screening of Whitnail & I coming up in The Sugar Club next month. Although sound is pretty crappy in there.

Advertisement