Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

krudler wrote: »
    ..usually I hate when people talk at the cinema but you're not going just for the movie, its for the atmosphere.

There is atmosphere, plenty of it.

There is cheering and stuff, that's cool, adds to the enjoyment.

But, do you really want people talking and shouting the lines?
    Skinfull wrote: »
    Wasn't like that at Goonies. Loads of people were saying the lines and cheering for specific characters. And I dont think anyone minded. the atmo was amazing!

Which Screen were you in as I was at the Goonies (been to all screenings so far) and those few that were dead centre that did do that were sssshhhhh'd from people in the aisle seats.

Nobody minds the cheering, but it is irritating in the extreme where something shouts out a line before it's said.

If someone shouts out "I'll be back..", right before Arnie does at The Terminator, it might get a laugh - but if they continue to do it with a few of the lines, I think they will very quickly be ssshhh'd.
    There's a screening of Whitnail & I coming up in The Sugar Club next month. Although sound is pretty crappy in there.

Cheers, didn't know that.

No, not the best place.

Seen Dawn Of The Dead there and there was non stop yapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Wed Aug 11th and Pretty in Pink is on the next day.

I will put up the usual reminder on the Friday before that with screen times.

Ah brilliant!! Thanks a mill!
    I know where il be going for my birthday and the day before so! :D
    Wooooo cant wait!

oh is that the screen yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hey ya

Does anyone know if the 8.30pm Terminator show has been cancelled - cant get through to the Screen. We booked for 8.30pm but now it is advertised as 9pm

Thanks N

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There was some kind of calamity at the Screen alright. It was originially menat for 8:30, but changed to 9:00. There was amassive que down the street until 9 on the button, then they just let everybody in without even checking tickets.
    Anyone know any more details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Which Screen were you in as I was at the Goonies (been to all screenings so far) and those few that were dead centre that did do that were sssshhhhh'd from people in the aisle seats.

Nobody minds the cheering, but it is irritating in the extreme where something shouts out a line before it's said.

If someone shouts out "I'll be back..", right before Arnie does at The Terminator, it might get a laugh - but if they continue to do it with a few of the lines, I think they will very quickly be ssshhh'd.

I was at the...well was there more than 1 screening? I was on the edge of the centre section. And people round me were saying lines (me included to softly more to myself!) though not before the guy on screen. Loads of people said "goonies never say die" and "Hey you guys" and everyone cheered througout!

Unlike Terminator last night. Quite subdued and I think the worse off for it. Still...EPIC movie!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    There was some kind of calamity at the Screen alright. It was originially menat for 8:30, but changed to 9:00. There was amassive que down the street until 9 on the button, then they just let everybody in without even checking tickets.
    Anyone know any more details?

They sold out too quickly and switched screens as far as I know. Thank god coz the place was jammers! Brilliant movie. Falling in love with Cameron all over again!

• Advertisement

tbc400.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Fri Aug 6th @ 8.30pm
    Mon Aug 9th @ 6.30pm
    Wed Aug 11th @ 8.30pm

76271127.jpg

Screen Cinema
    Sun Aug 8th @ 6.30pm
    Tues Aug 10th @ 6.30pm
    Thurs Aug 12th @ 8.30pm

movie_4780_poster.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Sat Aug 7th @ 6.30pm

Just wondering, do you have to buy the tickets for pretty in pink in advance or is it just like you go in as usual?
    Will be going for my bday! :D Cant wait!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you have to buy the tickets for pretty in pink in advance or is it just like you go in as usual?
    Will be going for my bday! :D Cant wait!!!!

Well a lot of the screenings have been selling out. So far they've been able to open a second screen or upgrade the film to screen when this happens though.

• Advertisement

Well a lot of the screenings have been selling out. So far they've been able to open a second screen or upgrade the film to screen when this happens though.

Cool so, think il be getting them early this thursday so, just in case!
    Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

movie_4780_poster.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Sat Aug 7th @ 6.30pm

Gutted about missing this! Will go see the rest of the hughes gold though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 darthcool

Was at the Screen for the Goonies it was brilliant, such a great atmosphere of real fans coming and enjoying the films they love! They also had a great night for Breakfast at Tiffany's there was finger food and prosecco and a red carpet!

So who's going to the John Hughes stuff? I'll definitely be going to Ferris and the Breakfast club.

I saw on their twitter that they're gonna be playing Breakfast Club from 35mm too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Any on this weekend?:)

K4t wrote: »
    Any on this weekend?:)

Nah, after The Breakfast Club (8.30) on Wednesday and Pretty in Pink (8.30) on Thursday, that's it really :(

Cinema Pardisso is on in two weeks though.

Wooooo! Going to have a great brat pack birthday tomorrow so! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

For something a bit different the national Concert hall are showing metropolis on the 4th September with a full orchestra.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Metropolis.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ares wrote: »
    For something a bit different the national Concert hall are showing metropolis on the 4th September with a full orchestra.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Metropolis.aspx

:eek:

awesome!
    wish it wasn't so dear though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Yeah its very expensive but guess an orchestra doesnt come cheap. Its the new print of it too, not many seats left at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Nah, after The Breakfast Club (8.30) on Wednesday and Pretty in Pink (8.30) on Thursday, that's it really :(

Cinema Pardisso is on in two weeks though.

Is Cinema Paradiso the original print?

• Advertisement

Yeah its very expensive but guess an orchestra doesnt come cheap. Its the new print of it too, not many seats left at the moment.

Yeah. This is the one they found in Argentina which is almost a complete copy of the film.

They're also doing Psycho over Halloween.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Hitchcock-s-Psycho-with-Live-Orchestra.aspx?date=31/10/2010&time=1500

Bernard Herrman's score is fantastic. I'd say that will be a good performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Any idea what won the play it again sam? they were supposed to announce it 2 weeks ago. Also BREAKFAST CLUB TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ye probably worth it, it is quite a rarity.

Last time I saw Metropolis it was in the National Gallery with 3epkano doing the music.

Just fold out seats in a flat room though... got very uncomfortable very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Really? I won't be too happy if that's the case after spending €25.

Renn wrote: »
    Really? I won't be too happy if that's the case after spending €25.

Nah. The seating the the national concert hall is good. National Gallery just isn't set up for performances that long.

I went for one of the balcony seats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

would you say they will show these films again ??

id love to see breakfast at tiffaneys on the big screen but i missed it

Pretty in pink was BRILLIANT last night! twas great to see it on the big screen, and on my birthday! :D anyone there?

Well, big thanks to the Screen for the John Hughes season and letting me relive my youth by watching the brat pack classics up on the big screen.

Loved them all.

Let's hope they show Curly Sue, Planes Trains, She's Having A Baby, Sixteen Candles, Wierd Science, Home Alone, Uncle Buck .. someday soon :)

Here is the recent Oscar Tribute to John Hughes.

Emilo Estevez didn't show unfortunately, but we got the rest of The Breakfast Club all back together again.

Judd Nelson is 50 and Ally Sheedy almost too :eek:

I still would .. Ally that is :p

• Advertisement

4711595544_aef5523551_m.jpg
    IFI
    Sun 15 Aug 21:10
    Mon 16 Aug 21:10
    Tue 17 Aug 21:10
    Wed 18 Aug 21:10
    Thu 19 Aug 21:10
    Fri 20 Aug 18.40