Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Well, big thanks to the Screen for the John Hughes season and letting me relive my youth by watching the brat pack classics up on the big screen.

Loved them all.

Let's hope they show Curly Sue, Planes Trains, She's Having A Baby, Sixteen Candles, Wierd Science, Home Alone, Uncle Buck .. someday soon :)

Here is the recent Oscar Tribute to John Hughes.

Emilo Estevez didn't show unfortunately, but we got the rest of The Breakfast Club all back together again.

Judd Nelson is 50 and Ally Sheedy almost too :eek:

I still would .. Ally that is :p

what the cast went to the breakfast club showing at screen???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Did you even read his post in full?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

well sorry dude i got excited !!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Screen SmileyHeart_01.gif 90's

Teminator II: Judgement Day
    Mon 20th September, 8.30pm

Back To The Future
    Opens Oct 1st (Nationwide, Cinemas tba)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

brilliant news! T2 on the big screen! excitement level: High alert!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yessssssssssssssssss, be at both

saw terminator 1 in there already, conan the barbarian, predator

Renn wrote: »
    Is Cinema Paradiso the original print?

Pete?

Renn wrote: »
    Pete?

No idea mate.

The Screen go out of their way to show as an original print as they can though, as last week's 35mm Breakfast Club screening can attest to.

There is a comments section on the Screen's dedicated page for Cinema Paradiso where you could ask though:

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/08/screen-cinema-presents-cinema-paradiso.html

Or their Twitter page:

http://twitter.com/screencinema

cinemaparadiso.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Mon 23rd Aug @ 8.30pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oooh that's a classic. Watched it in secondary school in our English class. might go for nostalgia :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

MPW-31779
    IFI

Sunday 5th September @ 2:00PM

Kubrick on the big screen, it's kind of a can't miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Screen SmileyHeart_01.gif 90's

Teminator II: Judgement Day
    Mon 20th September, 8.30pm

FCUKING YES!

going! anyone know if its a digital print?

krudler wrote: »
    FCUKING YES!
    I love how people are as excited about this as i am!
    going!

all the way from the schticks?! good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

No idea mate.

The Screen go out of their way to show as an original print as they can though, as last week's 35mm Breakfast Club screening can attest to.

There is a comments section on the Screen's dedicated page for Cinema Paradiso where you could ask though:

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/08/screen-cinema-presents-cinema-paradiso.html

Or their Twitter page:

http://twitter.com/screencinema

It was the international release, around 125 min, not the directors cut I saw on tv a few years ago. It was excellent.

matrix-poster.jpg
    IFI
    Saturday 18th September @ 1:20PM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

dave13 wrote: »
    For something a bit different the national Concert hall are showing metropolis on the 4th September with a full orchestra.

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Metropolis.aspx

Would love to go to this, is it sold out does anyone know? Stoopid nch.ie and they're lack of online booking facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Shred wrote: »
    Would love to go to this, is it sold out does anyone know? Stoopid nch.ie and they're lack of online booking facility.

I think the book online button doesn't appear any more as it is most likely booked out, was nearly booked out a couple of weeks ago. I feel your pain, would have loved to have seen this :(

edit: just spotted Metropolis will be on in the ifi 10th-23rd September :)

For those that missed out on tickets for the national concert hall....

Metropolis ifi September 10-23!

metropolis.jpg

info on times here....

http://www.irishfilm.ie/cinema/dispfilm_07.asp?filmID=6996&Date=10/09/2010&PageID=15
    This restored version of Metropolis includes the film find of the century so far: 25 minutes of footage not seen since the film’s premiere and presumed lost until recently discovered in Buenos Aires.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I think the book online button doesn't appear any more as it is most likely booked out, was nearly booked out a couple of weeks ago. I feel your pain, would have loved to have seen this :(

edit: just spotted Metropolis will be on in the ifi 10th-23rd September :)

Cheers, looks like you're right, damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Cant wait for all the great 90s movies coming up!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

--LOS-- wrote: »

For info, it's also on in Vue and Swan Cinemas:

Metropolis 1927 - Screenings

l_73486_99c17da4.jpg

IFI
    Tues 31st Aug @ 18.10pm

Anyone else at the Dr. Strangelove screening today. I nearly burst a blood vessel laughing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

For the love of god will October EVER be here so we can go see BTTF in the cinema?!

Is it the trilogy they are showing or just the first one? How epic would it be if they showed all three in a saturday bonanza!! Sigh! :D

Metropolis is out from tomorrow in the ifi!

Skinfull wrote: »
    For the love of god will October EVER be here so we can go see BTTF in the cinema?!

Is it the trilogy they are showing or just the first one? How epic would it be if they showed all three in a saturday bonanza!! Sigh! :D

Just the original it seems.

I'd say that the Screen will show all three soon enough though.

http://www.cineworld.ie/films/3704

thanks for all the updates Pete and LOS!

on a slightly related note, went to Metropolis tonight. Flippin amazing on the big screen, its on til the 23rd in the IFI, really recommend it, whether you have/haven't seen it before

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Yeah and it makes more sense now with the extra 30 minutes added. Seeing it witht the orchestra was something special though

• Advertisement

Saw it at the NCH too, first time seeing it. Tbh, after a while it was a bit of a struggle as it got a bit boring and just wouldn't f*cking end. The orchestra kept me awake though. Some scenes in it were amazing I must say, but I don't think I'd give it 150 minutes of my time again.

Advertisement