Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Awesome news!! \:)/

Screen Ciema's Annual 'Halloween Monster Mash' line-up has been announced.

The following movies will be shown at some point from October 22nd to 31st@ The Screen:

70s Horror
    Halloween
    The Texas Chainsaw Masacre
    The Excorcist

Romero Zombies
    Night of the living dead
    Dawn of the dead
    Day of the Dead

Never Screened
    Pontypool
    The Human Centipede

Screen Favourites
    Let the Right one in
    The Mist in Black and White
    Nightmare on Elm St

Also, one of the following with be shown after a Phantom 105.2 Poll.
    • Evil Dead 2
    • Friday 13th
    • Poltergeist
    • Hellraiser
    • The Shining
    • The Lost Boys
    • Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

F**king gotta love The Screen!

Time and prices 15th October, on sale 18th. I'm finally in the country for the Halloween week, I shall be at as many of these screenings as bloody possible! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I hope lots of those horror movies will get daytime screenings. That would make being unemployed pretty sweet:)

Definitely going to try and get to a good few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Just heard today there's a screening on halloween of The Room in the Sugar Club. I've requested a table but have to have a minimum of 5 people. Hoping to be able to go to it anyway. Is any one else going to this? Should be EPIC!

Oh and Greg Sestero (Mark) is meant to be there too! It's fancy dress, and you should bring some spoons! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Halloween...HALLOWEEN!!!
    HALLO-FCUKING-WEEN!!!

WOW! :eek: Can't wait to see it on the big screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

yeh but the scary music in full surround? Eek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just heard today there's a screening on halloween of The Room in the Sugar Club. I've requested a table but have to have a minimum of 5 people. Hoping to be able to go to it anyway. Is any one else going to this? Should be EPIC!

Oh and Greg Sestero (Mark) is meant to be there too! It's fancy dress, and you should bring some spoons! :D

I'd love to go but I doubt I'll be able to convince 4 friends to go. Bah!

That'd be deadly but unfortunately I'd imagine Screen will show Halloween on Halloween night...boo-urns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

niallon wrote: »
    That'd be deadly but unfortunately I'd imagine Screen will show Halloween on Halloween night...boo-urns!

I would say, there will be such demand for that, they may show it a few times, hope so.

Halloween is the number one movie that I have ALWAYS wanted to see on the big screen, can't wait.

The Exorcist should be great craic, the atmosphere should be something special.

Evil Dead 2 for the Poll maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'd love to go but I doubt I'll be able to convince 4 friends to go. Bah!

well if you like you could come along with us? There's probably only going to be two of us, so it's not like we'd make up a full table. and don't worry about that anyway, you can book a table, and just let others take the rest of the seats, they only hold your seats for 30 minutes anyway.

Sure let me know if you want to go along with us :)

I'm mad to go to this... imagine how much funnier it will be everyone knowing just how shit it is :D

I would say, there will be such demand for that, they may show it a few times, hope so.

Halloween is the number one movie that I have ALWAYS wanted to see on the big screen, can't wait.

But I still wanna see it on Halloween night! :D T'were 15 years ago this Halloween that I first saw it as an untainted 7 year old. After that night...well I s**t meself and couldn't sleep for a month! :D

Evil Dead 2 all the way too, don't know how anything else on the list could beat it

• Advertisement

Me too. Reckon if they show it more than once I'll go more than once. Although they have quite the extensive line up so I'm not sure if they will. Either way, Myers is on the big screen, I'm watching! :D

I'm hoping for Poltergeist :D

Skinfull wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Poltergeist :D

I'd love to see it too but given it's the bigger movie on the list, chances are it'll get a proper re-release somewhere down the line á la American Werewolf In London or Back To The Future. Come on Deadites! :D

niallon wrote: »
    I'd love to see it too but given it's the bigger movie on the list, chances are it'll get a proper re-release somewhere down the line á la American Werewolf In London or Back To The Future. Come on Deadites! :D

Saw deadites last year in the IFI. C'mon Samantha!!!

They're heeeeeeerrreeeee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Bruce Campbell!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Can't believe I missed Scarface :(

Missed the Predator too when they were showing that.:(:(

I wish they'd show Highlander.

I wish they'd show Highlander.

Highlander was in last month's Poll on Phantom and lost, to Commando .. :mad:

Highlander was in last month's Poll on Phantom and lost, to Commando .. :mad:

Seriously?

Seriously?

Yup, unfortunately :(

http://www.phantom.ie/djs-show/cinerama/5116-commando-wins.html

This months Screen / Phantom 105.2 Poll.

* Evil Dead 2
    * Friday 13th
    * Poltergeist
    * Hellraiser
    * The Shining
    * The Lost Boys
    * Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Go Poltergeist!!!

Ya know...I'm so unbelieveably excited to see JC's Halloween in teh cinema that I just cant focus on anything!!! I have tickets tot he IFI film fest (fingers crossed for The Ward) but if it clashes with Halloween then Halloween wins!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I'm being a sap here, but I would love to take a girl to What Dreams May Come on the big screen...

:o

• Advertisement

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I'm being a sap here, but I would love to take a girl to What Dreams May Come on the big screen...

:o

The Screen Cinema are on Twitter and if you ask nicely, you never know.

I asked for Halloween back in Feb and low and behold it is being shown, maybe a coincidence, but they do genuinely listen.

http://twitter.com/screencinema

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/10/scream-cinema-monster-mash-october-22nd_15.html

Full list up and...The Shining!!!!!

Also Evil Dead 2 won, deadly! Four showings of Halloween too, happy days! The Mist is only on weekends though, can't get off work, dang! As for it saying box office only, is this advance sales or on the night would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

hey can anyone clarify are they mostly double features?

like on the wednesday
    Halloween/Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5pm(tickets only available in box office)

so that's both movies back to back starting with haloween at 5?

HALLO-frickin-WEEN!

oh and niallon, i presume advanced sales are aplicable like with their i heart the 90s stuff. [also i can only spot 3 screenings of halloween]

and brilliant they are showing the shining too, as the runner up from the phantom poll. It HAD to be shown!

Haha I love their "Scream Cinema Rules"
    http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/2010/10/scream-cinema-monster-mash-october-22nd_15.html

*Tickets for double features can only be purchased in the box office.

*All Scream Cinema Halloween Monster mash films are Club films. This means that they do not carry a certificate, to watch these films you must sign up for screen cinema club membership in the box office. Membership is free and all members must be over 18.

* A double feature means you get two films for the price of one.

* There are no shows on Saturday 23rd...just because!

* Yes you can use 02 treats, yes you can get student or OAP prices.

*Feel free to dress up

*A bag of Dutch Gold hidden in your bag is not classy!:D:D

*All films are originals we don't do remakes(Evil dead 2 is technically not a remake, ask a nerd)

* People with a weak disposition will be tied to their seats and have their eyes clamped open to ensure they don't miss a single second of pain and misery!

*Any lost children will not be returned, they will become property of the the 'Scream' Cinema.

*We are not responsible if the 'horror' causes you to have a heart attack but we will call you an ambulance.

* Patrons who soil themselves in fear, will kindly clean up after themselves!

* Dressing up as leather face is fun, trying to kill fellow movie goer's is not cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

From what i can gather

The films with a slash are the 2 for 1 double feature

you can only buy the double feature tickets at the box office but still buy the evening ones online

Anyway SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exorcist, texas chainsaw and halloween. In the same day. Yes please.

Feu wrote: »
    so that's both movies back to back starting with haloween at 5?

Your suspicions are indeed correct and from what I can tell ..

.. you can also watch both movies for €4 with O2 Treats.

Does anyone know if it is possible to go to one of the double bills? I can't make Let The Right One In on Sun 22nd but I'd like to see the Mist.

Does anyone know if it is possible to go to one of the double bills? I can't make Let The Right One In on Sun 22nd but I'd like to see the Mist.

Of course, just leave or attend when you want.

The only issue is, the tickets are sold on the day for the Double Bills, so if you turn up to see only the second movie, then there is a chance that tickets could be sold out.

If it's just the first film of a Double Bill you want to see though, can't see the problem.

I cant wait to get into work tomorrow to see if I can get friday off for that Halloween / Exorcist double bill! IF not I feel a stomach flu coming on. Also gonna see Halloween on the late show the week after. Epic. LOVING this Sreamathon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The only issue is, the tickets are sold on the day for the Double Bills.

Is that for definite?
    I know they can only be bought from box office, but can I not go to the Screen tomorrow and buy a double bill? I'd still be getting it from the box office.

Advertisement