Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

i was under the impression they could be bought in advance but only from the box office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

anyone know how long trailers are for these classic films,i've a bad foot and need to get 1130 bus from eden quay. Fight club starts at 840 and is 139mins long so 855 for trailers,1110 it be over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Hey, just wondering is everyone getting their tics in advance and would it sell out by the end of the week?
    Thanks all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

ronano wrote: »
    anyone know how long trailers are for these classic films,i've a bad foot and need to get 1130 bus from eden quay. Fight club starts at 840 and is 139mins long so 855 for trailers,1110 it be over?

If it's the screen cinema then there are no trailers. Film usually starts on time as well so you'll out for 11ish.

so for the scream fest you can book online for the 'single' features, but have to book in the box office for the double features.

haloween tix in the bag :)

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If it's the screen cinema then there are no trailers. Film usually starts on time as well so you'll out for 11ish.

T2 didn't start on time! i nipped out just before the end, but very many people got stung on that one i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Confirmed now that you can buy Double Bill tickets in advance at the box office.

So, if you just want to see the second movie of a Double Bill, buying a few days before is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Evil Dead 2 booked but I can't book Halloween cause it's telling me I've a "double booking" arg!!!

Problem solved! Halloween on the Friday night booked and Evil Dead 2, awesome!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Feu wrote: »
    so for the scream fest you can book online for the 'single' features, but have to book in the box office for the double features.

haloween tix in the bag :)

Me toooooooooo! Can't wait!!

Oh and by the way I asked at the box office yesterday when I went to see Fight Club and tickets can be bought any time at the box office for double features! :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That was great tonight, so lol :D

Still tics for Halloween left does anyone know? or nightmare?

Yeah, there are still tickets left for the Single showing on the 29th. Picking up my tickets for the double bill this evening! Can't wait!!!

T minus 3.5 hours till Halloween on the big screen!!! WOO!!! :cool:

Skinfull wrote: »
    T minus 3.5 hours till Halloween on the big screen!!! WOO!!! :cool:

Damn you, I've another week to wait! Although I've been called into work as expected this evening and that's why I didn't go near Halloween today so I'm glad my speculation was right!

Holy crap! Saw it, loved it, cant wait to see it again on Friday! WOO!!!

- one thing...the sound levels were a bit off, music drowning out speech then not loud enough fthe effects needed. But it they sorted it out after a little while and I was immersed in Myers land. :cool:

Anyone know what time the screen opens today?

wall-street-cover-3.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Today (Tues 26th) @ 6.30pm

The Shining (1980)
    A70-13572
    Tuesday 26th
    The Shining/Nightmare on Elm Street 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
    4142235059cf24a0d944z.jpg
    Tuesday 26th
    The Shining/Nightmare on Elm Street 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)
    Nightmare on Elm Street 6.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Thursday 28th
    Nightmare on Elm Street/Evil Dead 2 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Halloween (1978)
    Halloween1978Poster.jpg
    Wednesday 27th
    Halloween/Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5pm (tickets only available in box office)

Friday 29th
    Halloween 8.30pm

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

texas_chainsaw_massacre74.jpg
    Wednesday 27th
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 6.40pm (tickets only available in box office)

Friday 29th
    The Exorcist/Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 6.40pm (tickets only available in box office)

The Exorcist (1973)
    the-exorcist-poster.jpg
    Wednesday 27th
    The Exorcist 8.30pm

Friday 29th
    The Exorcist/Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Evil Dead II (1987)
    evildead2poster03.jpg
    Thursday 28th
    Nightmare on Elm Street/Evil Dead 2 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)
    Evil Dead II @ 6.30pm

The Mist (2007)
    The_Mist.jpg
    Saturday 30th
    The Mist B&W/Let the right one in 6.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Let The Right One In (2008)
    lettherightoneinver5.jpg
    Saturday 30th
    The Mist B&W/Let the right one in 6.30pm (tickets only available in box office)
    Let the right one in 8.45pm (tickets only available in box office)

Night of The Living Dead (1968)
    night-of-the-living-dead-1968.jpg
    Sun 31st Oct
    Night of the living dead/Dawn of the dead double bill 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)

Dawn of The Dead (1978)
    dawnofthedead1978.jpg
    Sun 31st Oct
    Night of the living dead/Dawn of the dead double bill 4.30pm (tickets only available in box office)
    For those of you not man/woman enough for a horror double bill you can catch Dawn of the dead at 6.15pm.

• Advertisement

backtothefuturerereleas.jpg
    Movies @ Dundrum
    Thu 28 Oct 13:00
    Fri 29 Oct 11:00 13:25
    Sat 30 Oct 11:00 13:25
    Sun 31 Oct 11:00 13:25
    Mon 1 Nov 13:25
    Tue 2 Nov 13:25
    Wed 3 Nov 13:25
    Thu 4 Nov 13:25

Dundrum seem to be the only Cinema showing this and it's extended for another week now.

Anyone else off to Evil Dead 2 tonight? The anticipation is bleedin killin me!

Holy crap! Saw it, loved it, cant wait to see it again on Friday! WOO!!!

- one thing...the sound levels were a bit off, music drowning out speech then not loud enough fthe effects needed. But it they sorted it out after a little while and I was immersed in Myers land. :cool:

Only complaint I have about Evil Dead 2 aswell, little disappointing TBH

Great night though, very strange seeing Evil Dead 2 in the cinema with everyone in the theatre clearly big fans too and reacting properly at key moments i.e a round of applause for "Groovy!", twas awesome! Roll on Friday!

So is anyone actually going to the Halloween flick on Friday in the Screen?

I got my tix. :cool:

So is anyone actually going to the Halloween flick on Friday in the Screen?

I got my tix. :cool:

Of course! I'm more scared about the shining, as i've only seen it twice and think it's gonna be VURY scary on the big screen. bloody elevators :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Feu wrote: »
    Of course! I'm more scared about the shining, as i've only seen it twice and think it's gonna be VURY scary on the big screen. bloody elevators :eek:

that and the fact i'm going to do my level best to scare the shíte out of you...:D

Went to the Triple Bill tonight, was class :)

Forgot how amazing a movie The Exorcist was.

What the crap in hell was going on at Halloween :confused:

Seemed there was a fight going on over on the left hand side.

Two or three different times, something or something seemed to be kicking off.

Anybody else at it, it was the 8.30pm screening.

OutlawPete wrote: »

What the crap in hell was going on at Halloween :confused:

Seemed there was a fight going on over on the left hand side.

Two or three different times, something or something seemed to be kicking off.

Anybody else at it, it was the 8.30pm screening.

I was :mad:

didn't notice any fight but the plank who answered his phone not once, not twice but thrice needs his f**kin head examined! Usher had to come in to quieten him just as
    Bob was getting impaled
    thus ruining the scene!

Also, what the f**k was with all the laughter?!?! I know Halloween has aged and certain things
    Linda and her "Totally" tourettes, Annie's ridiculous expression as she dies, Loomis and his extremely heightened sence of dread etc.
    but seriously, people laughing when
    Michael sits up behind Laurie?
    That bit never fails to scare the living crap out of me!

I fear for the future of cinema when a classic like Halloween receives that treatment, I really do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

There was a guy at "the shining" with a smell that could outlast
    Religon Itself!! Kinda ruined it

Advertisement