Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

niallon wrote: »
    didn't notice any fight but the plank who answered his phone not once, not twice but thrice needs his f**kin head examined! Usher had to come in to quieten him just as ..

Ahhh, that's what it was .. see, I was on the right and I could just hear shouting, maybe it was people telling him to shut up.
    Also, what the f**k was with all the laughter?!?!

Niallon, you're a man after my own heart.

I SWEAR to you, I had that typed out and didn't submit it as I thought it was just me. People all around me were laughing and at one stage I just had to say:

"Why is everyone laughing??"

REALLY bugged me, like .. what's so funny :confused:

For me, the funniest line in the movie is after Tommy tried to wind up Lindsey, sees Myers carrying the body and starts screaming. Laurie tries to calm him down and says he's scaring Lindsey .. but then she turns on Laurie and says:

"I believe you, Tommy"

I laughed at this bit, as always .. and yet nobody else did :confused:

People are weird, very weird!
    I fear for the future of cinema when a classic like Halloween receives that treatment, I really do!

I hear ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'm glad someone else agrees! Scary Movie and the abundance of cheap trash slashers in the last 30 years really have a lot to answer for.

Every time Michael appeared then vanished there was laughter. Why? Well because, admittedly, Scary Movie did an excellent parody of this.

Everytime Curtis put down the knife people laughed. Why? Because of that little shít Randy in Scream 2 dissecting the slasher genre. It's a real pity but hey, one more off the bucket list, Halloween in a cinema was still awesome!

Only wish I could make Romero on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What the crap in hell was going on at Halloween :confused:
    I was :mad:

didn't notice any fight but the plank who answered his phone not once, not twice but thrice needs his f**kin head examined! Usher had to come in to quieten him just as
    Bob was getting impaled
    thus ruining the scene!
    Ahhh, that's what it was .. see, I was on the right and I could just hear shouting, maybe it was people telling him to shut up.
    yeh it was indeed people telling some tool who i think might even have answered his phone 4 times! to shut up. We were on the right too but could hear him and it Totally ruined
    bob's slashing
    :( I was glad people were telling him to shut the F up! I've never actually heard anyone use the phone/take a call in the cinema before! And it wasnt just like, "i;m in the cinema, call me after" it seemed to be a minute/couple minutes at a time. Maybe he was just hammered? I think that might have contributed to the laughing. People just weren't taking it seriously ;)

"Why is everyone laughing??"
    I'm glad someone else agrees! Scary Movie and the abundance of cheap trash slashers in the last 30 years really have a lot to answer for.
    I;ve not seen any of them but sounds like you could be right. It's always terrified me before, but one of my friends came with me who hadn't seen it before and she laughed throughout, and i mean she was really in stitches.:rolleyes: I think a lot of the laughter might have been people who hadn't seen it before, ie hadn't seen it when they were 8, and so it doesn't scare the bejaysus out of them as a matter of course!

"I believe you, Tommy"

I laughed at this bit, as always .. and yet nobody else did :confused:
    I never found this funny, he SAW the boogey man and Jamie nerd curtis won't believe him! only stupid linda will
    but then
    People are weird, very weird!
    :pac:

punchdrunk wrote: »
    There was a guy at "the shining" with a smell that could outlast
    Religon Itself!! Kinda ruined it
    yes, it was very stinky, it made the movie practically 3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Damn I kinda wish I was at Halloween now :pac:

Nothing of the sort during The Exorcist, but wtf was with the amount of people walking in and out during Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Feu wrote: »
    I was glad people were telling him to shut the F up!

There was a guy sitting near me who I though was gonna climb accross the cinema to get to him, he was furious.

He had a gorgeous stunning chick with him and not one WORD did he speak to her throughout the movie, now THERE'S a film buff :)
    Maybe he was just hammered?

Yeah, I did hear a bottle fall over that side also, maybe selling wine is not the greatest idea.
    I never found this funny, he SAW the boogey man and Jamie nerd curtis won't believe him!

But Lindsey didn't see him and Laurie is protecting her and Lindsey is hanging on to her for comfort .. then just changes and you can tell she is only saying she believes as she has a crush on Tommy.

Ahh, kids today with your Screams and I Know What You Did Last Summers, spoiled I tells ya :)

On another note, I never noticed the Pedo gag before ..

Where Bob says: "First we'll off each other's clothes and then we rip off Lindsey's clothes :eek:

Jaysus, you wouldn't hear something like that said today me thinks :p
    e_e wrote: »
    Nothing of the sort during The Exorcist ..

Some couple had a 90 minute loud whisper session on the extreme right all throughout the Exorcist rolleyes.gif
    e_e wrote: »
    ..wtf was with the amount of people walking in and out during Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

I had moved near the front for that, to get away from the cupid's little whisperers :p

On a totally different issue, the nipplege on that girl in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre was awesome.

If I was the director, she would have been running down that road topless, I can tell ya .. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I was at Halloween too. :) Epic. Much better at night time than it was in the double bill last week.

There were two elderly gentlemen in the lobby before the flick, kinda looked like hobos and I thought they were just in from the cold. But they came into the flick. Those were the guys who were on the phone or talking or whatever. That fella who was furious was sitting in front of me and I thought he was gonna climb over to get them to stfu! O_o

As or the laughing...well I laughed. Not continuously and not at stupid stuff (though I did giggle at Annies death face!) but some of that movie is straight up funny!
    "I need a place to-"
    "****!"
    "I have a place for that laurie!" :D

But on the other hand, I did jump when
    He stepped in front of the door when Laurie was dropping off the keys, when he came out of the press to attack bob, when Dead Bob came out of the press at Laurie!
    Well I jumped alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

Skinfull wrote: »
    Those were the guys who were on the phone or talking or whatever. That fella who was furious was sitting in front of me and I thought he was gonna climb over to get them to stfu! O_o

That may have been me that you're referring to. I was sitting next to the aisle and said "quiet please" twice, the second time more forcefully than the first. I was well annoyed as I thought it was seriously rude and ignorant to be taking 4 phone calls in the cinema. :mad: I was a bit surprised that more people didn't let this guy know that his behaviour was out of order as he might have shut up sooner under the weight of popular opinion / mob anger. :p

On the positive side, it was really good to see this film on the big screen and great to hear that soundtrack in cinema stereo.

I also just came back from this evening's double bill of The Mist and Let the Right One In which was great but surprisingly poorly attended for such a great value night of horror cinema.

dracula.jpg
    Lighthouse Cinema
    Sun Oct 31st @ 4pm

10114h.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Mon Nov 1st @ 8.30pm

l3463901187894e9ac8c2.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Thurs Nov 4th @ 8.30pm

• Advertisement

thisisspinaltapposter.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Mon 8th Nov @ 8.30pm

4qsqps.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Wed 3rd November @ 13.30|19.30
    Thurs 4th November @ 13.30|19.30

l3167923692c22.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Sat 6th November @ 16.30
    Sun 7th November @ 16.20

yctiwy300.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Sat 6th Nov @ 2pm

Couple more Capra films. but the above are the best of the bunch.

deeds220.jpg
    IFI
    Tues 9th Nov @ 6.30pm

platb1.gif
    IFI
    Wed 10th Nov @ 1pm|7.15pm
    Thurs 11th Nov @ 1pm|7.15pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

OMFG

I was at The Room in The Sugar Club last night. PLEASE tell me someone else here was at it?!!

I think it was possibly the best night out of my life! So so so so much fun :D everyone knew every line of the film, and it just made it so much fun, adding the rules of the room to it and all. Just such a laugh!! I'm an even bigger fan now!

Screened the first friday of every month.... and i will definitely be going back!

Good news for anyone that couldn't make it to the shows so far ..

Dundrum will be showing it for another week, with two morning shows at the weekend.

backtothefuturelinen.jpg
    Movies@Dundrum
    Wed 3rd Nov 13:25
    Thurs 4th Nov 13:25
    Fri 5th Nov 13:25

Sat 6th Nov 11:00 13:25
    Sun 7th Nov 11:00 13:25

Mon 8th Nov 13:25
    Tues 9th Nov 13:25
    Wed 10th Nov 13:25
    Thurs 11th Nov 13:25

yep caught it in dundrum, well worth going to see it on the big screen

only problem is, i only seem to be going to "classic" movies the past few weeks!

only problem is, i only seem to be going to "classic" movies the past few weeks!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

OMFG

I was at The Room in The Sugar Club last night. PLEASE tell me someone else here was at it?!!

I think it was possibly the best night out of my life! So so so so much fun :D everyone knew every line of the film, and it just made it so much fun, adding the rules of the room to it and all. Just such a laugh!! I'm an even bigger fan now!

Screened the first friday of every month.... and i will definitely be going back!

I've never seen that, how much was the sugar club? I'm getting a bit stingey lately :P

I would loved to have caught the halloween flicks but had far too much work on :(
    I'm not sure if I've seen Spinal Tap a little too much to go see it in cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I've never seen that, how much was the sugar club? I'm getting a bit stingey lately :P

It was €10 for this. but I don't know if that's what it normally is. It was great though. i'd suggest you see the film sometime anyway. It's brilliant.

Does anyone know what won out of Aliens or They Live? They live would be great on the big screen, but Ripley's got to pinch it!

big_lebowski_ver1.jpg?w=344&h=506

Screen Cinema
    Mon Nov 15th @ 8.30pm
    (Dress Up Special)

onenight.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Sat 20th Nov @ 3.00pm
    Sun 21st Nov @ 3.00pm

Do not miss this if you've haven't seen it before.
    Classic Capra, second only to It's A Wonderful Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

big_lebowski_ver1.jpg?w=344&h=506

Screen Cinema
    Mon Nov 15th @ 8.30pm
    (Dress Up Special)

Are you going as a nihilist?
    Sounds exhausting.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Are you going as a nihilist?
    Sounds exhausting.

I'm going as a bowling ball :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Mon Nov 15th @ 8.30pm
    (Dress Up Special)
    Is this a.... what day is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

White Russians for a Fiver in Doyle's pub tonight apparently.

Hmmmmm.........

• Advertisement

Chinatown-1974-poster-B.jpg
    Ormonde Cinema
    Wed Nov 24th @ 8.00pm

Advertisement