Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

1_1024.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Fri 17th December @ 13.00
    Sat 18th December @ 13.00
    Sun 19th December @ 13.00
    Mon 20th December @ 13.00
    Tues 21st December @ 18.50
    Wed 22nd December @ 18.50
    Thurs 23rd December @ 18.50

iawl550w.jpg
    IFI Cinema

Fri 17th December 14:00 | 18:40
    Sat 18th December 18:40
    Sun 19th December 18:40
    Mon 20th December 14:00 | 18:40
    Tues 21st December 14:00 | 18:40
    Wednesday 22nd December 14:00 | 18:40
    Thursday 23rd December 14:00 | 18:40

Ormonde Cinema
    Wednesday 22nd @ 8pm

;)

homealonen.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Mon December 20th @ 6.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Cant wait!!! Nice one Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

When will I be able to book for this? I'm so excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

sarah+1 wrote: »
    When will I be able to book for this? I'm so excited.

You can book them from tomorrow.

This site updates all the showings and dates.

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

You can book them from tomorrow.

This site updates all the showings and dates.

http://thescreencinema.blogspot.com/

Is this only been shown on Monday?? Would love to go see it...

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Is this only been shown on Monday?? Would love to go see it...

Yeah, just Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

any idea what trailers length are for these films

i want to go see they live at 630,its 93 minutes long so say trailers are ten minutes it should be over 810?

ronano wrote: »
    any idea what trailers length are for these films

i want to go see they live at 630,its 93 minutes long so say trailers are ten minutes it should be over 810?

There is no trailers at the Classic screenings, but sometimes the film won't come on for ten minutes or so after the advertised time, so I'd say it'd be 8.10 to 8.15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

For all others heading in for Home Alone tonight, enjoy!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

woooo cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

yermandan wrote: »
    For all others heading in for Home Alone tonight, enjoy!!

Jealous! :(

Is there any classic films been shown this Thursday anywhere? Preferably kid friendly...

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Is there any classic films been shown this Thursday anywhere? Preferably kid friendly...

The greatest of all :)

http://ifi.ie/cinema/dispfilm_07.asp?filmID=7179&Date=23/12/2010&PageID=15

Shop-Around-the-Corner.jpg
    IFI Cinema

Friday 31 December @ 16.00
    Sunday 2 January @ 14.00|18.40
    Monday 3 January@ 14.00|18.40
    Tuesday 4 January @ 14.00|18.40
    Wednesday 5 January @ 14.00|18.40
    Thursday 6 January @ 14.00|18.40

went_the_day_well.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Sun 2nd Jan @ 17:10
    Based on Greene’s short story The Lieutenant Died Last, this is one of Ealing’s finest films, a ‘what if . . . ?’ parable of disturbing power.

A German patrol disguised as British soldiers on manoeuvres captures an English village prior to a full-scale invasion, but the villagers fight back. Intended by Greene as a propaganda piece to show British bravery under duress, the film accomplishes that, but also disquietingly discloses complacency as well as courage.

By having the Germans played by familiar British actors, the film is the reverse of reassuring, and two extraordinary murder scenes committed by women in the village illustrate, in director Alberto Cavalcanti’s view, how people of the kindest character can become monsters when war touches them. Controversially, Cavalcanti thought it a pacifist work: it is certainly the most remarkable British war film of its time, depicting an England fighting for its life and, implicitly, for a new social order when the war is won.

2945681656_a092535e0b.jpg

IFI Cinema
    Saturday 8th Jan @ 14:00
    Sunday 9th Jan @ 14:00
    This is vintage British film noir, inviting comparison with Hollywood noir classics like Double Indemnity and Scarlet Street in its murky drama and its intense Expressionist imagery.

Richard Attenborough is superbly sinister as the young killer embroiled in gang warfare in Brighton and tormented by religious and sexual guilt when forced into marriage with a young waitress (Carol Marsh) to prevent her from testifying against him. On his trail is a righteous spiritualist, played by Hermione Baddeley as a cross between Miss Marple and Mae West.

Greene’s superb novel was influenced by the 1930s French thrillers he so admired, particularly Pepe le Moko, and the film adds imaginative flourishes of its own, notably a frightening murder on a fairground ride appropriately entitled ‘Dante’s Inferno’, and a clever ending that adds a welcome layer of irony and compassion to the novel’s bleak coda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Great googly moogly, Screen you legends!!

Screen Cinema presents...Oscar Season!!

Showing Oscar winners from as recent as No Country For Old Men right back to Gone With The Wind:

No Country for Old Men, January 13th 6.20pm
    Gone with the Wind, January 16th 4.30pm
    A Streetcar Named Desire, January 27th 6.30pm
    On The Waterfront, February 3rd 6.30pm
    Network, February 10th 6.30pm
    Rocky, February 17th 6.30pm
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring , March 2nd 7.30pm
    Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, March 9th 7.30pm
    Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, March 16th 7pm

LOL, was just hitting submit on a long post :p

Again the Screen Cinema come through, gotta love them.

Learned from the master! :P

Yup, ironically though I've a Film exam tomorrow including On The Waterfront, how handy it would be if that screening was tonight...but as it stands I'll be well and truly enraged with that film come February! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, would have been handy alright :)

I'm looking forward to Gone With The Wind & Rocky mostly.

GWTW is 4 hours long, they better have a fecking interval :p

Don't think I could hack GWTW if I follow through on my plan to cath LOTR in the cinema again! :D I may have to settle for Rocky as a happy medium!

Judging by their lack of concern during the Scream Fest when they played most of the features clearly from DVD, what do you think the chances are that the LOTR would be the extended editions? Starting at 7pm, there's plenty of time!

niallon wrote: »
    .. what do you think the chances are that the LOTR would be the extended editions? Starting at 7pm, there's plenty of time!

Slim I'd say, but you could ask them on Twitter, they always reply.

http://twitter.com/#!/screencinema

I only ever say the first LOTR, not my thing so I never watched the next two.

I might try them again.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Slim I'd say, but you could ask them on Twitter, they always reply.

http://twitter.com/#!/screencinema

I only ever say the first LOTR, not my thing so I never watched the next two.

I might try them again.

Cheers, someone seems to have asked the question for me already, it's the theatricals!

Dang, Extended Editions would seal the deal! I'd definitely say you should give them a shot, if only because you missed out on some of the finest on screen action ever with Helm's Deep in The Two Towers, and this is coming from someone who's interest in the films lies squarely with Peter Jackson being the director, not a LOTR fanboy in any way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

if only to stop the 'WHAT....you havent seen LOTR :eek: ' ...I'm gona catch those.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

I love the Screen cinema - that way

--LOS-- wrote: »
    if only to stop the 'WHAT....you havent seen LOTR :eek: ' ...I'm gona catch those.
    WHAT?!?!?! You haven't seen Lord of the Rings??!?!?! :D I'm tempted to do this every day until the screening! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

--LOS-- wrote: »

FFS have you not sen them since I asked you earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

niallon wrote: »
    WHAT?!?!?! You haven't seen Lord of the Rings??!?!?! :D I'm tempted to do this every day until the screening! :)
    FFS have you not sen them since I asked you earlier

It better be damn good after this!

• Advertisement

dunno cant remember

Advertisement