Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Was my first time seeing it.

When Gandalf returned from the 'dead' with his tales of victorious battles, I felt like shouting out:

"Yeah right!" :p

what's with people not seeing it before! Hope youa re enjoying it, I've seen them far too often.

Ah I'd believe it as he is thousands of years old (21,000 ish I think, he's not human btw) and existed before time!

/LotR nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

--LOS-- wrote: »
    LOTR was hard work watching it in that cinema, ouch my neck :(

yep tip for lotr3 next week: arrive early and sit in the middle to avoid serious prolonged craning related injuries

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Feu wrote: »
    yep tip for lotr3 next week: arrive early and sit in the middle to avoid serious prolonged craning related injuries

The middle back even hurts your neck in that screen. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Not a big fan of those type of movies really.

Too much nonsense and make believe and you have to suspend disbelief too often. Highlander, Terminator etc and you only have to believe one or two things and it's on with the movie, with LOTR it's non stop waffle :p

I'll go on Wednesday though.

commitmentssmall.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Thursday 17th @ 18:45
    Friday 18th @ 18:30

Reunion gig in the O2 on Sat the 19th.

• Advertisement

Not a big fan of those type of movies really.

Too much nonsense and make believe and you have to suspend disbelief too often. Highlander, Terminator etc and you only have to believe one or two things and it's on with the movie, with LOTR it's non stop waffle :p

I'll go on Wednesday though.

I don't know how people who haven't read half a dozen books about the world it's set in even know what is going on tbh :p I only like them to appreciate the books I had read over and over before they were made, sure it doesn't even say who sauron is, just somebodies underling. I would much prefer a movie about his boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

I don't know how people who haven't read half a dozen books about the world it's set in even know what is going on tbh :p I only like them to appreciate the books I had read over and over before they were made, sure it doesn't even say who sauron is, just somebodies underling. I would much prefer a movie about his boss!

to be fair, the pages and pages of elfish poetry must be skipped over. /shamed by own nerdiness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

commitmentssmall.jpg
    Screen Cinema
    Thursday 17th @ 18:45
    Friday 18th @ 18:30

Reunion gig in the O2 on Sat the 19th.

I'm sick I'll miss this ( stuck in work till 8 ) , can't wait for the gig. One of my fav films ever.

Feu wrote: »
    to be fair, the pages and pages of elfish poetry must be skipped over. /shamed by own nerdiness

But what about Tom Bombadil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

ryaner777 wrote: »
    I'm sick I'll miss this ( stuck in work till 8 ) , can't wait for the gig. One of my fav films ever.

Same as that. Shame :(

• Advertisement

american_graffiti_ver2.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Tues 15th March @ 18:30

Jaws-original-fiolm-poster-horror-movies-2724459-497-755.jpg

IFI Cinema

Tues 22nd March @ 18:30

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

IFI Cinema

ARRRRGGHHHHHH!

must go!

IFI Cinema

Just wondering what the age-restriction is for this? I think it was 12s originally? Are kids allowed go to the Classic showings? Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 crazycorner

ryaner777 wrote: »

The BEST film ever!!!!!!!!!!!Was in Castlebar on Monday night(14/3). Best night ever. The gang didn't look as though they had been apart for 20 years. PURE CLASS. Was staying in same hotel as band and got to have a few beers with most of them later that night. Robert Arkins, you're a Hero buddy;).....Angeline...sexy as hell:p:p:p!!!! Big smiles from me all week long...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Really looking forward to Jaws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

The BEST film ever!!!!!!!!!!!Was in Castlebar on Monday night(14/3). Best night ever. The gang didn't look as though they had been apart for 20 years. PURE CLASS. Was staying in same hotel as band and got to have a few beers with most of them later that night. Robert Arkins, you're a Hero buddy;).....Angeline...sexy as hell:p:p:p!!!! Big smiles from me all week long...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Even more excited about saturday now. I'm delighted you enjoyed the gig and it went well. I think the film may be watched a few times between now and then !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Galvasean wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Jaws :)

Me too :D are there many tickets left do you know?

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Me too :D are there many tickets left do you know?

Can anyone tell me if kids are allowed go to the Classic showings in the IFI (assuming their over the rated age, obviously? Also, would these showings generally sell out and is it necessary to book in advance?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if kids are allowed go to the Classic showings in the IFI (assuming their over the rated age, obviously? Also, would these showings generally sell out and is it necessary to book in advance?

think we are on our own there, heading anyway so hopefully therell be tics left :D

• Advertisement

Was in today. Completely sold out.
    Serves me right for waiting so late to go buy them. :(

Galvasean wrote: »
    Was in today. Completely sold out.
    Serves me right for waiting so late to go buy them. :(

Same boat (no pun intended) as yourself Gal.

Haven't been on the thread in a few days and just assumed it was in Screen 1 and all would be grand.

Turns out it's Screen 3.

Spoke to a guy that works in the IFI earlier and he said they may show again in one of the other screens as demand was higher than expected.

Damn it anyway, was looking forward to it to.

Oh well, DVD and back of popcorn at home for me it is.

WHIP IT! wrote: »

Just to point out (for anyone who didn't know! :) ) - according to the chap I spoke to in the IFI, you need to be an IFI member to go to see this film - and in order to become an IFI member you must be over 18. Therefore, kids won't be able to go to this movie.

bigsleepn.jpg

IFI Cinema

Friday 25 March at 18.45
    Saturday 26 March at 13.50
    Sunday 27 March at 14.20|18.45
    Monday 28 March at 14.20|18.45
    Tuesday 29 March at 14.10
    Wednesday 30 March at 14.20|18.45
    Thursday 31 March at 14.20|18.45

936fullthelastpicturesh.jpg

IFI Cinema

Friday 15 April at 14.00|18.45
    Saturday 16 April at 14.00|18.45
    Sunday 17 April at 14.00|18.45
    Monday 18 April at 14.00|18.45
    Tuesday 19 April at 14.00|18.45
    Wednesday 20 April at 14.00|18.45
    Thursday 21 April at 14.00|18.45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cinemafia

Sick I missed The Big Sleep, definitely going to see The Last Picture show, does anyone know what Screen its in? I like the chairs in Screen 3 but the Screen in 1.

Cinemafia wrote: »
    Sick I missed The Big Sleep, definitely going to see The Last Picture show, does anyone know what Screen its in? I like the chairs in Screen 3 but the Screen in 1.

Yeah, I'm the same with the chairs. Screen 3 is like a personal cinema you'd have if you struck lucky with the lotto.

Big Sleep was in Screen 1 but this is in Screen 3.

Scream is being shown on Wedenday 20th April at 18.30

I for one cannot wait! :D

• Advertisement

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Scream is being shown on Wedenday 20th April at 18.30

I for one cannot wait! :D

Good shout (at the Screen too, so some wine can be had) - should be fun :)

Advertisement