Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Anyone not going to the Screen tonight, into the fucking oven, head first you're gonna go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Anyone not going to the Screen tonight, into the fucking oven, head first you're gonna go.

I had to go to Screen.ie to see what the hell you're talking about!! Now go home and get your f*cking shinebox Pete!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Labyrinth and Stand By Me weren't sold out!? Bloody Cineworld lied to me!

phasers wrote: »

Same with me and also to maameeo.

For Stand By Me, the online system said: 'Sold Out' but we went along anyway and the 'Stand By Me' showing on the Cineworld screen was Red. indicating it was sold out also. But, decided to ask for seats anyway as sometimes they will override the system and give you seats left empty up front for anyone in a Wheelchair.

Manager says he would sort us for two tickets and up we went, assuming we would have to sit in the seats up front. Not a bit of it, screen was 3/4 full at best. Labyrinth was showing 'sold out' also and from what I heard, was no where close to it either.

Total Recall - May 30th
    Last Action Hero - June 13th
    True Lies - June 27th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

The Total Recall screening is pretty exciting. and by that I mean extremely exciting :D

Great work on keeping us all up to date Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

chick has 3 boobs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The-Rigger wrote: »
    chick has 3 boobs imo.

You make me wish I had 3 hands!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Oh cant wait for Last action hero!! savage movie!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Hey folks,

Any word on if the Apocalypse Now rerelease is being shown anywhere outside Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cinemafia

Feu wrote: »
    The Total Recall screening is pretty exciting. and by that I mean extremely exciting :D

Great work on keeping us all up to date Pete

All the Action Films are put back two weeks, so there's enough time to get a crowd, it's always better with a crowd :)

image0011tg.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Friday 27th May @ 14.10
    Saturday 28th May @ 14.10
    Sunday 29th May @ 15.30
    Monday 30th May @ 17.30
    Tuesday 31st May @ 14.10
    Wednesday 1st June @ 15.00|19.00
    Thursday 2nd June @ 15.00|19.00

Cinemafia wrote: »
    Casablanca & 1940s party
    June 4th 8pm Sugar Club
    On Saturday the 4th of June, The Sugar Club will be transformed into Rick's Café Américain for a screening of one of the world’s all-time favourite films Casablanca.

A screening of Casablanca will be followed by a Moroccan-themed 1940s after-party with “As Time Goes By’ on the piano and DJs, the Andrews Sisters’ Brothers, playing music from the era. The audience is invited to help set the scene by dressing in their vintage finest, playing homage to 1940s Hollywood or going all out with a military or Moroccan theme.

Excellent, finally my clothes won't look out of place :p

God, that sounds class!

I'm going to rock a fez! They have Usherettes serving popcorn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

phasers wrote: »

Wow!!! This is total BS!!! I was in Stand By me and it was about 3/4 full. Bought my ticket early in the day though only because I was near cineworld. There were more people there than I expected. Wandered down to cineworld about 40 mins before Labyrinth only to be told it was sold out! only now to see it wasnt!?! Very annoying!!! :mad:

On another note.. SciFi at the Screen!!!

Alien - June 6th :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Aliens - June 20th :cool::cool::cool:
    Tron - July 4th
    Solaris - July 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Hey, just wondering, i've never been to the screen before, but definitely will be picking up tickets for the arnie and sci-fi stuff:D, but on their website it says you need a membership for club films, do you need one to see these films, if you do how do you go about getting one?

bossa_nova wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering, i've never been to the screen before, but definitely will be picking up tickets for the arnie and sci-fi stuff:D, but on their website it says you need a membership for club films, do you need one to see these films, if you do how do you go about getting one?

Yeah these are club movies, I think they have no cert rating before them or something so you need to be a club member to watch. But to join alls you gotta do is sign the "member sheet" when you buy your tickets. Sorted! :cool:

Skinfull, just noticed your sig, why didn't you post 'em up on the thread?

Have to go to that, missed Jaws when it was on in the IFI :)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Skinfull, just noticed your sig, why didn't you post 'em up on the thread?

Have to go to that, missed Jaws when it was on in the IFI :)

Oh yeah! Bad slip from the um *ahem* Marketing Deprt there! Can't get the staff these days!

Okay guys! Club Screening of Retro Movies in a Bar! Who wouldn't want that!

Triple Bil Presents an evening of All American Classic Movies on the weekend (after) July 4th! USA! USA! USA!

Location and time:
    The Grand Central Bar, O'Connell St, Dublin 1 (Down stairs!)
    Saturday, July 9 at 5:30pm
    Doors will open probably at about 5.30PM with the first flicker on the screen by 6. Get in, get a pint, get comfy and get entertained!

Line Up includes:
    Independence Day
    Jurassic Park
    Jaws

Ticket Entry €5, Last orders at 2.30AM
    Spot Prizes, movie quizzes and a raffle!!

ALL WELCOME!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

bossa_nova wrote: »

Im definitely not a club member and have seen many of the classic movies in the screen :confused:
    Skinfull wrote: »
    Oh yeah! Bad slip from the um *ahem* Marketing Deprt there! Can't get the staff these days!

sorry Skinfull, would you mind giving me the info of when and where it is as I dont do the facebook :pac:

--LOS-- wrote: »
    sorry Skinfull, would you mind giving me the info of when and where it is as I dont do the facebook :pac:

CRAP! Sorry thought I had all details in that last post.. allow me to edit that.. and answer you!

Location and time:
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Where is The Screen? Would love to see Alien.
    Wow!!! This is total BS!!! I was in Stand By me and it was about 3/4 full. Bought my ticket early in the day though only because I was near cineworld. There were more people there than I expected. Wandered down to cineworld about 40 mins before Labyrinth only to be told it was sold out! only now to see it wasnt!?! Very annoying!!! :mad:

On another note.. SciFi at the Screen!!!

Alien - June 6th :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Aliens - June 20th :cool::cool::cool:
    Tron - July 4th
    Solaris - July 18th

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Where is The Screen? Would love to see Alien.

Dublin, two minute walk from O'Connell Bridge on the Southside of the city.

http://www.screencinema.ie/cinema/contactus

Triple Bil Presents an evening of All American Classic Movies on the weekend (after) July 4th! USA! USA! USA!

Location and time:
    Doors will open probably at about 5.30PM with the first flicker on the screen by 6. Get in, get a pint, get comfy and get entertained!

Line Up includes:
    Independence Day
    Jurassic Park
    Jaws

Ticket Entry €5, Last orders at 2.30AM
    Spot Prizes, movie quizzes and a raffle!!

ALL WELCOME!!

I cant wait for this!!!! :eek:
    Do you have to get tics in advance or just at the door?
    :)

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I cant wait for this!!!! :eek:
    Do you have to get tics in advance or just at the door?
    :)

At the moment its just "pay at the door" but the response may exceed our room capacity! So we may post ticket sales. I'll keep you updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This actually sounds good.. is it a once off thing and is it fully american themed? Will there be food served? Cheers

At the moment its just "pay at the door" but the response may exceed our room capacity! So we may post ticket sales. I'll keep you updated!

Oh cool, and ty there! :)

This actually sounds good.. is it a once off thing and is it fully american themed? Will there be food served? Cheers

We're hoping to make it a monthly or quarterly fixture depending on turnout really. Also hoping to have finger food in place on the night too but bar hasn't confirmed with us yet.

Fully American themed for this one as its just post July 4th Weekend. Already have a horror one planned for Halloween :cool:

Sorry for hijacking this thread! But its kinda in line with the thread title!

• Advertisement

Blazing Saddles - June 14th
    Mary Poppins - June 16th
    Priscilla Queen of The Desert - June 21st
    Monty Python's Life Of Brian - June 28th
    The Prodcuers - July 5th
    Withnail & I - July 19th :D

Advertisement