Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

the 27th!, Total Recall is on the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

kerash wrote: »
    Came in just as the film started,sorry for walkin in front of the screen:o - got held up trying to give another guy our extra ticket but the manager wouldn't allow it cos he had an unlimited card or something.
    Sorry guy I tried.
    Awesome movie experience tho :)

It's OK, didn't notice you walking across the screen. It was a great film (even though I've seen it before!)

I'd love to see it on the big screen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Went to see Alien in the screen on monday and booked my tickets for Aliens at work on Tuesday! Also excited for the life of brian! :D Loving the Screen retro ethic! And I LOVE that they give us the big screen.

Very surprised at the lack of bums on seats on monday for Alien.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Well they're just playing a blu-ray, no? Like, they don't get any of the prints in afaik. That's one reason why I don't bother going.

Renn wrote: »
    Well they're just playing a blu-ray, no? Like, they don't get any of the prints in afaik. That's one reason why I don't bother going.

Nah definitely not BluYay! The quality looks like prints. But regardless of the method of showing I'm there to see the movie on the big screen and its so different to watching dvd at home. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Renn wrote: »
    Yeah I never wanted to go to another one of their classic movies since seeing The Big Lebowski there.

Honestly the sound and picture would have been preferable by just playing it on my HD TV. A bit of a con in my opinion.

Tickets booked for Total Recall tonight at The Screen. Can't bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Dónal wrote: »
    Tickets booked for Total Recall tonight at The Screen. Can't bloody wait.

Start the reactor Dónal!:pac:

I know I'm a bit eager but I just booked tickets for the Life of Brian on the 28th June... So EFFING EXCITED!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

'See you at the party Richter!'

Ah man, that line was even more awesome on a big screen :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    'See you at the party Richter!'

Ah man, that line was even more awesome on a big screen :D

Yes indeed, was an excellent evening at the screen tonight. Great atmosphere.

'Consider that a divorce'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

wait total recall was last night??? fúck thought it was near the end of the month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Mary Poppins was savage tonight, on the big screen!! :D
    Plus it was my first time ever seeing the full movie so extra special! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Just a heads up for those not aware of it:

The Screen will be showing Alien and Aliens back to back on Monday night next (June 20th).

Alien will be shown at 6pm and Aliens at 8.20pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Dónal wrote: »
    Yes indeed, was an excellent evening at the screen tonight. Great atmosphere.

'Consider that a divorce'

I was watching the DVD of Total Recall recently and I was surprised to see that line (amongst other stuff) right there in it.

It's actually amazing compared to the trailers of today. They basically give away that his memory was erased, that Sharon Stones character is a traitor and than he kills her and says the classic line ... all in the trailer! :eek:

bonerm wrote: »
    I was watching the DVD of Total Recall recently and I was surprised to see that line (amongst other stuff) right there in it.
    It's actually amazing compared to the trailers of today. They basically give away that his memory was erased, that Sharon Stones character is a traitor and than he kills her and says the classic line ... all in the trailer! :eek:

Have you seen any of the recent trailers?! :rolleyes:

Cowboys and Aliens... total plot give away!
    Super 8... total plot give away!

Its the same now. Sometimes the trailer is so informative I don't even need to see the flick or read a review to know whats gonna happen.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just a heads up for those not aware of it:

The Screen will be showing Alien and Aliens back to back on Monday night next (June 20th).

Alien will be shown at 6pm and Aliens at 8.20pm.

This would explain then why there were so little people in the first viewing of Alien last week. Wait... so does that mean all the "good seats" will be gone for those of us who are just goin to the Aliens screening? :(

Am just wondering, anyone know are there many tickets left for Alien on monday?
    Thanks!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Skinfull wrote: »
    Have you seen any of the recent trailers?! :rolleyes:

The stuff today is pretty bad but I still don't think there's any major release that would show one of the main characters being killed in it when such and act was intended as a major "shock" moment in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Comedy film trailers are awful nowadays because they give away every single joke, but I think trailers for dramas/thrillers have improved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey Skinfull, what happened to your Triple Bill at the Mercantile? Page for Facebook has gone?

Oh btw all the Harry Potter movies are being shown from the 8th July in cineworld! :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Oh btw all the Harry Potter movies are being shown from the 8th July in cineworld! :D

Oh cool thanks! What date is the last one coming out again?

I remember going to the first one, for my birthday party, ah the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Vue in Liffey Valley is showing all the HP films too :D

http://new.myvue.com/harry-potter

Oh cool thanks! What date is the last one coming out again?

I remember going to the first one, for my birthday party, ah the memories.

The last one is coming out the 15th July i think :D

The last one is coming out the 15th July i think :D

Cool, can't wait, less than a month! Although trying to see a weeks worth of Harry Potter will certainly be tiring ( in the sense of the length of the films!)

Hey Skinfull, what happened to your Triple Bill at the Mercantile? Page for Facebook has gone?

Its on in the Grand Central on O'Connell Street (always was :/) And the page is still up and running!

Event Page HERE

Facebook Page HERE

Oh man!!! This time tomorrow night for ALIENS!!! SO FREAKING EXCITED! :D

must get €8 for tomorrow

Ah Alien and Aliens were savage 2nite!! :D

• Advertisement

Ah Alien and Aliens were savage 2nite!! :D

:( no monies to go, need a better paying job