Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Oh I am totally down for a bit of Lethal Weapon! Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The screening of Transformers has been cancelled because they didn't want to disappoint kids, according to The Screen's facebook. WTF?

WTF! Indeed! Thats bull****. Kids probably wouldn't go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Why would Kids be disappointed? I don't get it.

I don't really understand it either, they're showing lethal weapon instead now for some bizarre reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah cancelling Solaris and Transformers and replacing 'em with Lethal Weapon as a compromise?

You have to wonder what audience they're aiming for :pac:

I can't see all that many Tarkofsky fans being happy with that one :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

thinredlineposter285.jpg
    IFI Cinema
    Sat 23rd July @ 1.00pm
    Sun 24th July @ 3.10pm

Malick's The New World showing Sat 30th (1.45pm) & Sun 31st (1.45pm) also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I knew it! I seen Tron there last week and the bloody thing looked like it was HD!:rolleyes:

35mm is far higher HD than HD, a print would have looked better :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really want to see The Thin Red Line, but might be pushing it to make the Apichatpong Weerasethakul talk. I think I'll risk it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I would love to see The Thin Red Line on the big screen but I'm working. :(

• Advertisement

I really want to see The Thin Red Line, but might be pushing it to make the Apichatpong Weerasethakul talk. I think I'll risk it.
    They're on in the same screen, maybe you can convince them to let you sit there after TTRL. ;)

Oh, cool, will probably head along then. Although think going to see the Adventures of Iron Pussy might be more appropriate in that time slot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

e_e wrote: »
    Why would Kids be disappointed? I don't get it.

maybe they meant that lots of people could end up booking it expecting the new movie and they'd have a bunch of miffed kids and angry parents on the day...?

maybe they meant that lots of people could end up booking it expecting the new movie and they'd have a bunch of miffed kids and angry parents on the day...?
    But that would be the parents own fault for being stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just title it as one of the following -

Transformers - 1985 Animated Movie
    Transformers Original Cartoon Movie
    Transformers - The New Merchandise

Sadly people are stupid... they read what they wanna read then blame the venuw for not putting on what they wanted to see... GRRRR!!! How awesome would it be to see the Original Transormers in the Screen?
    Maybe we should rally together... next time you are at or near the screen, pop in and ask when its showing! then why its been cancelled!

If we get enough people showing interest maybe they will reconsider!? Worth a go surely!

Why do I get the feeling the Screen will do the same thing once the Akira remake is out? :rolleyes:

I was thinking similar, are they just not going to show animated films now for fear of upsetting kids?

AH if that screening of The Thin Red Line today didn't show how great 35MM can be, nothing can. :D

e_e wrote: »
    AH if that screening of The Thin Red Line today didn't show how great 35MM can be, nothing can. :D

The grin on my face when I walked in late and saw that stunning picture quality! (side note: Dublin Bus are evil incarnate)

Also, the sound design in that film is almost without equal.

• Advertisement

Yeah it looked like the film could have been released yesterday! Other than a print which was hanging around for 13 years. :pac:

Confirmed date and location for the next Triple Bill! Check it out in my sig! :D

...Maybe I should ask the mods if I can open a new thread rather than hijacking this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Skinfull wrote: »
    Confirmed date and location for the next Triple Bill! Check it out in my sig! :D

...Maybe I should ask the mods if I can open a new thread rather than hijacking this one...

ah you're not hijacking this thread.
    I added in Slacker which is a much better Richard Linklater movie than Dazed and Confused imo.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    ah you're not hijacking this thread.
    I added in Slacker which is a much better Richard Linklater movie than Dazed and Confused imo.

I'd say about 80% of my boards posts are in this thread! :)

I do like Slacker but its a slow burner. I prefer A Scanner Darkly out of either of them but it didn't fit the theme. I dunno if I can add Slacker to the list without loosing the results. I'll check.

ALOT of votes for B&T Excellent Adv!

Skinfull wrote: »
    I'd say about 80% of my boards posts are in this thread! :)

I do like Slacker but its a slow burner. I prefer A Scanner Darkly out of either of them but it didn't fit the theme. I dunno if I can add Slacker to the list without loosing the results. I'll check.

ALOT of votes for B&T Excellent Adv!

I don't really get the big deal with dazed and confused, slacker is way funnier. I'd prefer a scanner darkly too but as you said didnt really see it fitting the kind of theme you had going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Wonder if they sell more wine tonight than usual.

aw sh!t, missed Withnail coz of mothers birthday. Was it good?

Was surprised at the lack of people in Lethal Weapon on Monday.

Oh and I asked them about Transformers and they said it will be on but it was advertised for the wrong date! Maybe we will get a screening! WOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I had never seen Withnail and I before so headed along to the Screen showing. Enjoyed it immensely.

"Monty! You terrible c*nt!" :D

• Advertisement

I actually just wanted to enforce it on the OH, cinema is good for that!

Advertisement