Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

Heading in for Die Hard soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Die Hard tonight was really good! and the crowd was well up for it. Applause for Officer Powell was brilliant! We laughed, we loved, we cried! Brilliant! More please!

Rocky II tomorrow night, anyone goin?

Yup, great atmosphere. Couldn't believe how funny Die Hard is, anything with Ellis in it was just classic.

Looking forward to Starship Troopers come next Monday!

Triple Bill Presents... Teen Drama Cinerama!!

THIS WEEKEND!! :D

teendrama.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dinh_Gunslinger

Classics running in Quayside Cinema Balbriggan until August 25th.

Classics.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Man Die Hard was great on the big screen. Big crowd too. Nice to see that in these days of cheap DVDs and downloads there is still a market for seeing proper good movies the way they were meant to be seen. :)

Rocky II last night in the Screen was brilliant. Was surprised at the small crowd but I still loved it! Its one of my top movies even though there is a lull in the middle while she is in the coma it makes up for it with the multiple montages and freezeframes!
    (for a while I wasn't sure if he was gonna make it up onto the ropes after punching Apollo so much with his face!)
    Rocky! Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

double post of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I cant log onto the screen website for some reason, just wondering can anyone fill me in on whats coming up there?
    Thanks!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I cant log onto the screen website for some reason, just wondering can anyone fill me in on whats coming up there?
    Thanks!
    :)

Next oldie is Starship Troopers on Aug 22, Some Like it Hot on Aug 23, Conan the Barbarian on Aug 29, Moulin Rouge Sept 1st, Terminator and Terminator 2 on Sept 5, Spaceballs Sept 6, Rambo:first blood Sept 12.

.......that's all for now folks!

• Advertisement

Quick note... if you intend on seeing Starship Troopers I would book in advance. I reckon it will sell out fairly lively.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Next oldie is Starship Troopers on Aug 22, Some Like it Hot on Aug 23, Conan the Barbarian on Aug 29, Moulin Rouge Sept 1st, Terminator and Terminator 2 on Sept 5, Spaceballs Sept 6, Rambo:first blood Sept 12.

.......that's all for now folks!

Yay!!! thanks there :D
    woah im going to busy then, cant wait for these :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Thelegend2006

Jurassic Park is hitting cineworld from the 23rd of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone know if the Terminator double bill is 35mm prints?

Starship Troopers was EXCELLENT! Forgot how funny that movie was! Crowd was brilliant and really got into the movie. Loving the Screen Classics!

Showing this week 26th Aug - 1st Sept

Classics_A5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Off to see Conan the Barbarian tonight. Missed Starship Troopers last weeks so made damn sure I was getting to this bad boy. Easily one of my favourite films.

Not quite classics there from the Quayside but I can see why you are playing FD. Kinda feel like watching that again, since seeing the new out.

Terminator Double Bill in the Screen on monday 5th. http://www.screencinema.ie/cinema/info/m3724

Should be great craic!!

Skinfull wrote: »
    Not quite classics there from the Quayside but I can see why you are playing FD. Kinda feel like watching that again, since seeing the new out.

Terminator Double Bill in the Screen on monday 5th. http://www.screencinema.ie/cinema/info/m3724

Should be great craic!!

Yea we just went with FD as the new one is out. We'll be launching a full program to run up to Christmas in the coming weeks with a lot of awesome oldies on it.

Yea we just went with FD as the new one is out. We'll be launching a full program to run up to Christmas in the coming weeks with a lot of awesome oldies on it.

Any chance of letting the viewers vote on some movies? Are the tickets for the classics cheaper than normal flicks? Will you be doing double bills?

Speaking of which, anyone know if the double bill pricing for terminator in the screen on monday is lower than the usual two movies, two tickets price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Should be great craic!!

Terminator 2 on the big screen. Yes, why yes indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its T1/T2 35mm?

Who went to Moulin Rouge tonight?! such a savage night and the crowd was excellent! :D
    11 years since i saw it in the cinema originally, and still every tiny bit as good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Terminator 2 on the big screen. Yes, why yes indeed.

It's my favourite film and I've never seen it in the cinema.

I am counting the hours!

Any chance of letting the viewers vote on some movies?

Yep! I was actually just talking about this to someone yesterday so I'm hoping to have a poll up on the website in the next few days.
    Are the tickets for the classics cheaper than normal flicks?

Yes. Tickets for classic shows are currently €5 each.
    Will you be doing double bills?

It's definitely something we'd like to do, it's just a matter of picking the right movies. Would people prefer something like an Arnie, Stallone, JCVD type of double bill or something more along the lines of specific genre double bills? Seeing as we're new to this, it's quite hard to get it right every week!

Any suggestions are more than welcome :)

It's definitely something we'd like to do, it's just a matter of picking the right movies. Would people prefer something like an Arnie, Stallone, JCVD type of double bill or something more along the lines of specific genre double bills? Seeing as we're new to this, it's quite hard to get it right every week!

Any suggestions are more than welcome :)

Well you can mix it up like having a Kurt Russell which would give you Big Trouble in Little China AND Escape from New york! Two utter classics!

Or go retro with Stan Wintson - The Thing (Also Kurt Russell) AND Terminator 2

Ohhh!! Tom Savini!!! then we can watch F13th!!! and Dusk Till Dawn (Just for that Sex Machine scene! LOL )

ahhh the possibilities are endless!!

Been away for the weekend, and I've had the Terminator 2 theme tune stuck in my head all that time.

Hey Guys,

We just added a poll to the Quayside Cinema Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BalbrigganCinema#!/BalbrigganCinema?sk=questions

Voting is open to anyone and it's an open poll so anyone can add a movie they would like to see and others can vote on it. We've added a stipulation that there must be a minimum of 50 votes on any particular movie for us to consider booking it in as we don't want to waste our time or anyone elses by getting movies that no one is interested in.

If any of you are from Balbriggan and it's surrounding areas or are already a customer then we'd love to get your feedback!

Thanks!

Craig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Hey Guys,

We just added a poll to the Quayside Cinema Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BalbrigganCinema#!/BalbrigganCinema?sk=questions

How can you vote if you don't use Facebook or any sites similar to it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,816 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just back, that kicked ass!

One gripe though, no extended version of T2? I've gotten so used to watching the extended one over the years that this version felt like it was missing chunks.

I totally forgot that the scene where
    they take the processor out of his head and Sarah wants to smash it with a hammer
    was part of the extension. I'd gotten so used to seeing it I thought it was in the original cut! Why they took that out I'll never know.

Advertisement