Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just back, that kicked ass!

One gripe though, no extended version of T2? I've gotten so used to watching the extended one over the years that this version felt like it was missing chunks.

I totally forgot that the scene where
    they take the processor out of his head and Sarah wants to smash it with a hammer
    was part of the extension. I'd gotten so used to seeing it I thought it was in the original cut! Why they took that out I'll never know.

I had to work so I missed it. Was there many there and was it a reel or DVD they used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I would have definitely went had it been either a reel or a high quality digital transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dinh_Gunslinger

Faith+1 wrote: »
    How can you vote if you don't use Facebook or any sites similar to it???

You can send us an email on info@balbriggancinema.com or just post it here and I'll add it to the poll. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

T2 was great last night. The sound in that movie is amazing.
    It's brilliant to see the big blockbusters in the way they were meant to be seen.

Now how about an Alien/Aliens double bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Now how about an Alien/Aliens double bill.

This...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Thelegend2006

alien/aliens needs to happen. predator/predator 2 is on in 2 weeks... that will be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭michellemuncher

Terminator 1 & 2 were great to see on the big screen but I have to say I was pretty shocked to see the amount of popcorn and rubbish strewn all over the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    This...

Did it not happen just a couple of months back?

Renn wrote: »
    Did it not happen just a couple of months back?

And I missed it?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :(

predator/predator 2 is on in 2 weeks... that will be excellent

The only thing that could please me more than the Alien/Aliens double bill is this... thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

AMERICAN PSYCHO IS BEING PLAYED THE 27TH OCTOBER IN THE SCREEN CINEMA AT 8.30!!!! EEEEKKKKK

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

AMERICAN PSYCHO IS BEING PLAYED THE 27TH OCTOBER IN THE SCREEN CINEMA AT 8.30!!!! EEEEKKKKK
    Are you that girl who constantly spams The Screen's Facebook page begging them to show American Psycho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I have to return some videotapes

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

"Spamming" is such a harsh word ...but yes indeed that is me!! Seems as though they have finally caved!!! They are showing it at this years Horrorthon!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

"Spamming" is such a harsh word ...but yes indeed that is me!! Seems as though they have finally caved!!! They are showing it at this years Horrorthon!!!!

Speaking of spamming, every post you've made here has been about American Psycho. It's clear you're a fan, that's grand, but just chill out a little bit - mentioning it here is fine, but you don't need to bring it up in loads of other threads :)

I take it if Christian Bale ever goes missing you're basement is the first place that authorities will search.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wonder will The Screen show Die Hard this christmas? would make the trip up if they do

krudler wrote: »
    wonder will The Screen show Die Hard this christmas? would make the trip up if they do

I suggested they show a Flash Gordon and Highlander double bill sometime soon. Could be the greatest night of cinema ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

krudler wrote: »

Highly unlikely unfortunately, they showed it about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

would love star trek 2 on the big screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I suggested they show a Flash Gordon and Highlander double bill sometime soon. Could be the greatest night of cinema ever.

Queen soundtrack double bill, I like it :D , Flash Gordon is great fun to watch with people who know the lines " freeze you bloody bastards" is just a magical piece of dialogue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

i see american audiences enjoyed a new remastered re release of raiders of the lost ark..anyone know if its coming here anywhere?thanks

Jurassic park also showing in ugc parnell on the 23rd of sept 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

First film I saw in a cinema!

foxyboxer wrote: »
    First film I saw in a cinema!

haha nice..lukin 4ward to a nice new print of it if it comes here..if its anythin like the remastered apocalypse now we are in for a treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I have to confess that I've never seen Ghostbusters. :o

This gives me more reason to see it now, especially for Bill Groundhog Day, Ghost Bustin' Ass Murray. :D

e_e wrote: »
    I have to confess that I've never seen Ghostbusters. :o

This gives me more reason to see it now, especially for Bill Groundhog Day, Ghost Bustin' Ass Murray. :D

ah as gud as groundhog day is i still think ghostbusters is the quintessential Bill Murray movie, he owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Bill Murray was ureal in both of those but his best film by far is Stripes, if you havent seen it buy it. HMV, €4. Best money you'll ever spend for two hours enjoyment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jurassic park also showing in ugc parnell on the 23rd of sept 11

It's being shown in The Screen as well. AND it's going to be in cinemas for two full weeks! :D

Advertisement