Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Oh come on I didnt actually mention it and I am just teasing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am considering going to see... Yankie... Nutcase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Or we could just edit any post that mentions the film to be videos of cute animals doing the darndest things.

Awhhh.

Moderator ...I was just called a Nutcase ...I dont think that is very fair .... now shouldnt you give out to him???

Considering I get in trouble so easily ... :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Em, you weren't called a nutcase?

You should probably read that post again and replace the words "Yankie" and "Nutcase" with certain synonyms.

I can actually feel myself blushing.....

I hope none of you actually come to the showing now ...I feel I may just drop dead with shame!!

*Facepalm*

Can I call you a nutcase now? :p
    I really should go to see it, it's hilarious.

Well you would have every right to call me a nutcase now .....considering I have made such a fool of myself .....

You should totally come though, it will be so much fun!!!! If you are a man you can wear a suit too if you want!! I am hoping some men will turn up in suits...or raincoats!!

If I had a suit as sharp as Patrick, I would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Hi Guys,

We agreed our October line up yesterday and put everything on sale. We're going to run Horror themed movies from the 30th Sept through to 3rd Nov.

Here is the line up for OCTOBER in the CLASSIC SCREEN:

30th-6th Oct - Gremlins (1984) @ 5.00pm & 7.30PM, Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) @ 9.30pm
    7th-13th Oct - Alien (1979) @ 5.00pm & 7.30PM, The Thing (1982) @ 9.30pm
    14th-20th Oct - Saw (2004) @ 5.00pm & 7.30pm, Friday The 13th (1980) @ 9.30pm
    21st-27th Oct - Halloween (1978) @ 5.00pm & 7.30pm, The Lost Boys (1987) @ 9.30pm
    28th-3rd Nov - Zombieland (2009) @ 5.00pm & 7.30pm, Rocky Horror Show (1975) @ 9.30PM

Oh and we'll be showing Predator from 16th - 22nd Sept also and we've added in some scary movies for the kids at the weekends too!

All tickets are on sale and you can find additional times on our website.

If anyone has any questions or anything just give me a shout. :)

Craig

This may be a silly question but how would one get to this theatre?Im not familiar with the area at all and would be bussing it from city centre.

The chance to see Elm Street,Halloween,Friday the 13th and The Thing on the big screen will not be missed and its actually made my bloody day to find this post.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

This may be a silly question but how would one get to this theatre?Im not familiar with the area at all and would be bussing it from city centre.

The chance to see Elm Street,Halloween,Friday the 13th and The Thing on the big screen will not be missed and its actually made my bloody day to find this post.
    :)

Get the train from Connolly station to Balbriggan and its a 2 min walk from Balbriggan station. 40 min train journey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Just booked tickets for Predator and Predator 2 (I know. I know, but still) this Monday in the Screen!!

WHOO HOO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Plus there will be suited predators walking around for it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Just booked tickets for Predator and Predator 2 (I know. I know, but still) this Monday in the Screen!!

WHOO HOO!!!!!

Is it necessary to book tickets in advance? Will this show sell out?

I don't mean to exaggerate. But if I can't go to this... I'm going to kill myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Jurassic Park tonight in Dundrum :D The OH has never seen it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

anybody know if Jurassic Park in cineworld is just the same price as their other movies?

hey los it would be :P

allanb49 wrote: »
    hey los it would be :P

thanks, when the screen show classics they are at a discount price so it is a bit much that they charge the full whack

but this is getting a general release with the screen it tends to be one offs,

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    but this is getting a general release with the screen it tends to be one offs,

I suppose, cineworlds prices are ott anyway.

check o2 treats/meteor awards for cheap cinema tickets, or head to Dun laoighre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

i was searching to see if anyone had posted this up before but cant find it so here goes:

the helix at dcu is showing films for autumn season

wed 28 sept 7:30pm: senna
    tue 4 oct 7:30pm: a fist full of dollars
    tue 11 oct 7:30pm: for a few dollars more
    tue 18 oct 7:30pm: the good, the bad and the ugly
    wed 19 nov 7:30pm: the social network
    wed 30 nov 7:30pm: the corporation
    wed 7 dec 2:30pm: bad santa
    wed 7 dec 6:30pm: the princess bride
    wed 21 dec 7:30pm: it's a wonderful life

if its been posted before please delete. thanks.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    i was searching to see if anyone had posted this up before but cant find it so here goes:

the helix at dcu is showing films for autumn season

wed 28 sept 7:30pm: senna
    tue 4 oct 7:30pm: a fist full of dollars
    tue 11 oct 7:30pm: for a few dollars more
    tue 18 oct 7:30pm: the good, the bad and the ugly
    wed 19 nov 7:30pm: the social network
    wed 30 nov 7:30pm: the corporation
    wed 7 dec 2:30pm: bad santa
    wed 7 dec 6:30pm: the princess bride
    wed 21 dec 7:30pm: it's a wonderful life

if its been posted before please delete. thanks.

That's an outstanding list of films to be screening, wish I lived near there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Is it necessary to book tickets in advance? Will this show sell out?

I don't mean to exaggerate. But if I can't go to this... I'm going to kill myself.

I honestly don't know, but I didn't want to take that chance. Predator is a massive deal to me!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I suggest we all boycott this film screening. :pac:

Besides, it's Screen. They are probably only showing a DVD of the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's an outstanding list of films to be screening, wish I lived near there.

i was trying to buy the season ticket for the three eastwood movies but i cant see a link for the season ticket. i'm going to ring the box office tomorrow.

its a great list alright and i only live around the corner.

• Advertisement

I suggest we all boycott this film screening. :pac:

Besides, it's Screen. They are probably only showing a DVD of the film.

You are all welcome over to my gaff to watch it on the night in question.
    I have a 32" Philips television, American Psycho on my media player and a substantial Whitney Houston collection.

Advertisement