Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Whitney Houston? Wow, that sounds great... but I think I have to return some videotapes that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well if you change your mind, I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can we officially agree to the mention of American Psycho = edit to animal video rule for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Finally have my excuse to post some animal vids in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Jurassic park last night was amazing on the big screen, its been years since ive seen it like that, think i was 6 :D , totally forgot how fantastic it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Going to see this tomorrow in cineworld and I cant wait! When I saw it in the cinema originally there was an intermission! LOL!

Anyone see a list for IFI and Screen horrorthon? dying to see what they come up with! Especially the Screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Hey guys come on now dont be cruel :P It will be an amazing night!! It would be amazing if you could all come!! Bale will be doing stomach crunches!!!

What can I say ....I harrassed the cinema so much they offered me the chance to be the first contestant .... I am a test subject...both a blessing and a curse!!! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4KVoEVcr0

This video is sooo cute!!!

Actually ...My last cute animal post (Moderators you will be happy)

...I will be moving my crazieness here

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=214669648595198#!/event.php?eid=214669648595198

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Predator was awesome tonite! :D:D

didn't stay for part 2 but was almost full inside which was nice to see!

ps: the nerds who sitting on row 3 please stop talking through the film!! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Predator was awesome tonite! :D:D

didn't stay for part 2 but was almost full inside which was nice to see!

ps: the nerds who sitting on row 3 please stop talking through the film!! :mad::mad:

Best. Viewing. Ever! :cool:

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Best. Viewing. Ever! :cool:

ill never wash these eyes again :)

30984128882111779786510.jpg

lol I just noticed the KNOCK KNOCK written on the bus behind Predator, reminds me of Arnie busting in the door in the movie :D

How dare you edit my post ...now I will never shut up about a certain film :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

How dare you edit my post ...now I will never shut up about a certain film :P

This crap is getting intensely annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Does JennyBurke's constant promotion of that film count as spamming? I reckon it does personally.

On topic:
    Scream Cinema Halloween Monster Mash
    October
    3rd, The Thing
    18th, Young Frankenstein
    25th, Ghost Busters 1 & 2
    26th, Buffy the Vampire Slayer & From Dusk Till Dawn
    27th, Silence of the Lambs & American Psycho
    28th, Don't Look Now
    29th, Carrie's Mother (an extra special screening of Carrie)
    30th, The Innocents
    31st, Halloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This crap is getting intensely annoying...
    phasers wrote: »
    Does JennyBurke's constant promotion of that film count as spamming? I reckon it does personally.

+1,000,000

Id bet dollars to donuts that she/he is actually an organiser of the screening and is trying to drum up interest in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Id bet dollars to donuts that she/he is actually an organiser of the screening and is trying to drum up interest in it.

Oh she is. A quick look at the Screen website / facebook page will confirm it :pac:

So from now on, any mention of American Psycho in the Screen is outlawed.

Outlawed. I like that word.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, see The-Rigger’s link from earlier in the thread. The organiser with the biggest turnout wins a one year unlimited membership to Screen cinema.

Hmm, interesting...

How about an official boards.ie screening of the Happening? We'll all share the membership :p

• Advertisement

Shhh! We agreed The Happening would be a surprise. As far as everyone is concerned it’s a screening of Memento, okay?

And I'm sure Jenny will share the membership if she wins. I mean, that's the only reason we haven't banned her, isn't it?

Btw did anyone go to the Dr Strangelove screening earlier in the week? Was it a 35mm print?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dinh_Gunslinger

Hey folks,

Here's the listings of classic movies for the coming week in Quayside Cinema:
    Classics_30th-6th.jpg

Yeah, see The-Rigger’s link from earlier in the thread. The organiser with the biggest turnout wins a one year unlimited membership to Screen cinema.

Lawl.

Ive no interest in seeing AP again anyway as I thought it was crappy however if it was possible to double not go,Id do it.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it would make my year if the screening was cancelled due to lack of interest

Now, now, no need to be cruel. I wish Ms Burke well with her screening, and hope she and her friends as well as whatever fellow fans there are enjoy a fine evening with their projected DVD.

I just don't want anyone on here to actually attend, and never want the screening mentioned again on this forum :pac:

Can never understand why anyone would pay to see a film when it's a DVD being projected. Was at a talk given by Jim Hart which began with Coppola's Dracula projected from DVD Onto a big screen and it ranks as the worst cinema going experience I ever had. The film looked crap, If you can't be bothered to get the actual film reels at the very least get the Blu-Ray and show that.

Talked about 12 people out of going to seeing a certain upcoming screening tonight. They were hesitant considering that it would most likely be a DVD screened but when I told them of the mass spamming if it here and that they could easily get the uncut DVD for a few euro they decided to give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Someone let me know when they show Serenity

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

DVD blown up on a big screen just doesn't look right most of the time.

It doesnt look the Mae West on a standard projector screen in alot of cases so God knows what it would be like on a full sized cinema screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

is the screen still showing gremlins and nightmare on elm street from today
    ? thanks :)

Advertisement