Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Movies @ The Cinema | Times & Dates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Skinfull wrote: »
    I dont really see the bad thing about this event...
    • Free Burgers
    • Free Whiskey cocktails
    • Free Screening

Yeah the audience may have been PR etc but who cares! Sounds like an awesome time and I'm only more sorry that I didn't manage to get tickets. I'll defo try again to get some for the next screening.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, and it was certainly a fun night. But call me a cine-romantic - there comes a point when all the marketing bells and whistles detract from the film itself, and the motives behind the event grow a little suspect. Like Jameson sponsor the Dublin Film Fest, but I don't come out of that feeling like this sudden urge for a hit of cold, hard whiskey ;)

It was an enjoyable night (even if some of the gimmicks did distract more than entertain), and I can never begrudge free burgers. But there was this cynical niggling I couldn't quite shake.

The chairs were uncomfortable though. Hope we call all agree on that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, and it was certainly a fun night. But call me a cine-romantic - there comes a point when all the marketing bells and whistles detract from the film itself, and the motives behind the event grow a little suspect. Like Jameson sponsor the Dublin Film Fest, but I don't come out of that feeling like this sudden urge for a hit of cold, hard whiskey ;)

It was an enjoyable night (even if some of the gimmicks did distract more than entertain), and I can never begrudge free burgers. But there was this cynical niggling I couldn't quite shake.

The chairs were uncomfortable though. Hope we call all agree on that :pac:

Burgers yumm... whiskey cocktails yumm, Cynicism meh, I could totally indulge then use blinkers and enjoy the movie but uncomfortable chairs is unforgivable! and I mean that! Its so important to the movie experience!

There are optimum rows in each screen in cineworld and The screen... you just gotta know where to look!

FYI... According to Screen website Never ending Story has been moved to WED 7th Dec!!

If you wanna see Atrayu battle his way out of the swamps of sadness you need to go on WED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

hey folks does anyone know what the story with the Scrooged screening in the Screen is?? tried to go into it a few times, but just 404s or says they are not on sale yet. Are they sold out? whats going on?

ta

Feu wrote: »
    hey folks does anyone know what the story with the Scrooged screening in the Screen is?? tried to go into it a few times, but just 404s or says they are not on sale yet. Are they sold out? whats going on?

ta

Works fine for me...
    https://booking.omniplex.ie/screencinema/select-tickets.asp?site=dublin-screen&siteid=20&indate=20111213&relnum=3913&performid=58190

On another classics note... E.T. is on tomorrow at 6.30. YAY!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Quick question lads, is there any chance ET will sell out tomorrow evening or will I be safe enough waiting til I get there to buy tickets? Can't really buy em in advance cos not sure how many kids I'll have with me! :o

Sorry for not replying sooner, and seeing as the movie started by now you know the answer, but I'm guessing it wont sell out.

Scrooged on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Sorry for not replying sooner, and seeing as the movie started by now you know the answer, but I'm guessing it wont sell out.

Scrooged on the other hand...

No problem, thanks alot... ET was as good as ever - and the kids absolutely loved it and loved their first visit to the Screen....

Never Ending Story is on tonight in the Screen! WOOP!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Never Ending Story is on tonight in the Screen! WOOP!!
    Got my tickets booked already!

• Advertisement

I dont think I've been as excited for a movie in the cinema as I am for Scooged! Can't Wait!!

Die Hard 2 is on tonight in the Screen. Reckon this one will do well as its a classic and a christmas flick! Anyone else goin?

220px-Die_Hard_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

I dont think I've been as excited for a movie in the cinema as I am for Scooged! Can't Wait!!
    Can believe I was nine when this was last in the cinema:eek: More unbelievable is my wife has never seen it!
    Cant effing wait.. t'will be epic.

No tears at the end speech, promise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Holy crap...Scrooged? Tonight!?

Better still be available.

Can believe I was nine when this was last in the cinema:eek: More unbelievable is my wife has never seen it!
    Cant effing wait.. t'will be epic.

No tears at the end speech, promise.

Yeah I really hope they play teh credits speech all the way through! YAY! Can't wait!! Will be a nice way to spend this snowy tuesday! :)

On another note... really enjoyed Die Hard 2 depsite the 3 or 4 guys sitting next to us messing on their phones the whole time! You might think only you can see the screen but, sitting in a dark room that phone screen looks like a very bright beacon of light! If you cant do without your phone for 2 hours, please just dont go to the cinema!!! >_<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Slightly unrelated to Classics, but can i bring my own drink into The Screen tonight? Never like paying loads for a litr'a'cola, and always just bring a Coke into Cineworld.

Kiith wrote: »
    Slightly unrelated to Classics, but can i bring my own drink into The Screen tonight? Never like paying loads for a litr'a'cola, and always just bring a Coke into Cineworld.

Yeah you can. They dont check bags or anything like that.

Brilliant screening of Scrooged in the Screen tonight. Really good crowd, there was a buzz in there before the flick and thank god I wasn't the only one singing in the end!

"Put a little love in your heart..." :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

does anyone know if a screen its a wonderfull life this season??:D:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A V A wrote: »
    does anyone know if a screen its a wonderfull life this season??:D:)
    BostonB wrote: »
    When is/was that?
    Tickets go on sale today, I rang the booking line, was told to ring back at 2.
    Details will probably be up on their site before that..

when is it showing tho ??? no info given at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

**** ****, thought scrooged was on next tuesday,

o well silent night deadly night 2 tomorrow night

Its a wonderful Life is screening on Tuesday 20th at 8.20. Tickets are on sale now at the lovely price of €5

This will most likely sell out so if you want in then get tickets quick!

b70-11738

SUCCESS!
    IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
    TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2011 AT 20:20
    ADULT (4 @ 5.00)
    TOTAL : 22.00

WOOT!! :cool:

do u buy them at their box office aswell, will they have your name down on a ist cause i highly doubt theyll be sending u tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

is there any more christmas movies anywhere? Scrooged was on way too early :( Saw 'Elf' is showing in meeting house square in templebar on the 22nd but it's booked out.

A V A wrote: »
    do u buy them at their box office aswell, will they have your name down on a ist cause i highly doubt theyll be sending u tickets

You can collect them from the ticket machine with your credit card or from the counter on the night. Or you can go in any time and buy them.
    --LOS-- wrote: »
    is there any more christmas movies anywhere? Scrooged was on way too early Saw 'Elf' is showing in meeting house square in templebar on the 22nd but it's booked out.

Its a Wonderful Life is on in the Screen on Tuesday. I think that ends the classics in the Screen. The IFI is doing the christmas musicals like Meet me in St Louis and High Society, and by christmas musicals I mean that they are on the tv at christmas, though not particularly christmas themed!

• Advertisement

Its a wonderful life last night in the screen was a delight! They had screen 1 and 2 showing it as they had sold so many tickets (sadly I was put in screen 2) so didnt get the full retro vibe but feck it, the movie was brilliant! Sigh. :cool:

Advertisement