Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design communication / visual communication

• 31-10-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

First of all thanks to philiporeilly who has answered my all the questions related to Design communication and Multimedia.

As i wrote before I am 28 years old German citizen. And i have two children, so i am worried about my studies time at CIT.

I actually want to do degree in Design Communication or Visual Communication ... but only the thing i am upset is the timing of Institute, does not suits me.. ( 9 to 6 pm) ...

I was thinking to do first Design and Print (evening course) at CIT. So may it help me as (RPL system) to leave some modules. Is it the right way to do ? I mean I have no knowledge about the system.

And If I do like this way... am I still eligible for Maintenance Grant or student assistance?

I will be very thankful for guidance !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Email Students Union Education Officer John Lane sueducation@cit.ie who will be able to answer all your questions. Its always best to ask the college directly to ensure you get the correct answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Hi Philip maybe you'd be able to answer this too;Im very interested in design comunication, did you have to come up with a portfolio for the course or were you given a place based on other achievements i.e. your other degree?

I've never done art in school or anything but consider myself pretty creative, i have a degree in mech eng if that would help.

Would the course be 9-6 type routine?

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Hi Philip maybe you'd be able to answer this too;Im very interested in design comunication, did you have to come up with a portfolio for the course or were you given a place based on other achievements i.e. your other degree?

I've never done art in school or anything but consider myself pretty creative, i have a degree in mech eng if that would help.

Would the course be 9-6 type routine?

Thanks for your help

I did Multimedia not design communication so unsure there. For Multimedia I had a brief interview and got Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) for my work experience to date. My Electronic Engineering qualification didnt come into play much but I did bring examples of websites/print work I did.

The timetable for Design Communications is available from http://timetables.cit.ie:70/reporting/Individual;Programme+Of+Study;name;MC.PR1-DDCOM_7_Y1%0D%0A?weeks=3-15&days=1-5&periods=1-40&height=100&width=100

I'm almost certain a portfolio would be needed for design comms but better off emailing rose.mcgrath@cit.ie (head of dept) for answers. She's really friendly and good to talk to about Media Communicatons courses.

Advertisement