Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Rabbit Breeds

Options
  • 31-10-2009 10:06am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering can any one suggest a small rabbit breed and a good place to get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

im not too up on rabbit breeds but there are dwarfs(smallest) and dwarf crosses (which can vary depending on what they are crossed with) most pet shops sell dwarf rabbits but they are usually a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As said dwarf or dwarf crosses, although some people get these smaller buns thinking they will be easier to handle and take up less space. They need the same amount of space as a regular bun and are very cheeky and can get up to all sorts of mischief.

Some rescues will have dwarf buns and regular buns up for homing as well.

Try http://www.irishguineapigs.proboards.com/index.cgi someone on the might be able to help with a responsible breeder.

Buns should be kept in pairs but sexing them and seperating them until they are both spayed/neutered is important. As well as the VHD and Myxomatosis vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

I have Netherland dwarfs & mini lops - both are lovely species & are small - as Guineapigrescue has said - they do need space & are social so you would need 2 males or 2 females - pm me if you want more info - I will try to remember to get some photos of my guys so you can see the size.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

FAYESY wrote: »
    I have Netherland dwarfs & mini lops - both are lovely species & are small - as Guineapigrescue has said - they do need space & are social so you would need 2 males or 2 females - pm me if you want more info - I will try to remember to get some photos of my guys so you can see the size.

Will you pm you shortly?

Advertisement