Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Day at the Races

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Tues 19th Aug
    10m @ 7.20 HR 146. With a couple of the club lads. I'm starting to like this route, 6m out to Howth and back. The guys are great, if there's a wind we'll work together and take turns at the front. Great chit chat too.

Weds 18th Aug
    4m easy AM

Thurs 19th Aug
    10m @ 7.12 HR 150 Cold wet and windy with one of the sub 3 guys in the club. He's a great motivator, really convinced me I could go sub 3:11 in Oct. I need to get a good LSR in after the FD10 race, which in fairness was never goioing to happen as my body just wouldn't let me!

Fri 20th Aug
    4m @ easy pace PM in my new Lunar Trainers. No achlles blistering as of yet. Should have stayed in, it's not good to run so close to a big race.

Sat 21st Aug - Frank Duffy 10
    10.05 @ 6.55 pace HR 157
    Tough tough one for me. Given I ran the day before, legs weren't the freshest. Didn't sleep great the night before. Breakfast, although 3 hours pre-gun, was too large. OK excuses out of the way. Started VERY slow, normally I'd be sub 6:30 but restrained myself. Clubmates were out of sight at the front, I'm glad I was patient. Spent the first few miles back and forth with RAL3 and figs from BAC, that helped. Come mile 4 / 5 on Chesterfield, I was feeling crap. Went from steady 6:50 ish to 5:30, as it was at one stage. I was thining up excuses in my head as to how I could eplain a DNF. Luckily I didn't fiind any. Started feeling better when I got a bit of water on board. Oh yeah, heat, that's my final excuse. Got to the S-bends and overtook a fair few people, although the 9th mile is always tough. Caught a couple of clubmates there, passed one of the girls onto the group so they'd drag her home sub 70 and I pushed on in the final mile and I had something left in the tank. Woddlde caught a super shot of me and I pushed for home. 69:33 finish, a PB. An up and down the day at the office, but happy overall.

Sunday 22nd Aug
    nothing, still feeling the effects. A quick trip to Croker, great atmos but wrong result

Mon 23rd Aug
    Gaving slept most of the weekend after the FD10, I wole at 6am to fiind out I'd passed my exams / project from the June exams. utter utter relief. I wanted to shout the house down, butu I decided to take my revenge on the garage-gym for an hour.

Tues 24th Aug
    5.5m @ 7.47 pace, home from work.

# Runs: 112 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 131.5
    YTD: 817

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Well done on the 10mile PB. You would eat that with better training! And congrats on the exam results, happy days. Did you do the TT with the Boards cycling club in Howth?

Thanks MK - it's certainly a PB there for the taking when I get more miles in. Never a good idea to take too much off the previous best!!!

I skipped the Boards TT in favour of 10m with the lads, more beneficial.

Thurs 26th Aug
    4m easy in the AM

Fri 27th Aug
    Told myself I'd kick drinking and football and get serious in September. Last game of football and I do my ankle in. Typical! Struggling to walk now, it should clear up soon enough as it's happened before though. In reality it means this week off running, which isn't good at all. I'll let me phys check it out ASAP too. Anyway it happens, just gotta get over it and see what I can salvage from the rest of the year.

# Runs: 114 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 135.5
    YTD: 821

Mon took off due to the ankle. Skipped the physio, I've suffered this before and know how to get it better

Tues 31st Aug
    6m @ some time
    Watch was dead, took it easy on the ankle, Held up OK even though I was compensating for it somewhat. Happy it was on the road to recovery

Weds 1st Sept
    5.5m @ unknown pace late home from town. Felt pretty good, ankle getting better

Fri 3rd Sept
    4m @ ca. 7.30 pace
    A "post Longford 3:05" spin around St Anne's Park with theboyblunder, he's in good form and planning the next step up in intensity. Nice to see him so fresh after the exploits only 5 days before.
    1hr 45 of football with his crew afterwards, I had my mouldies on on the hard grass, which don't help the ankle. It was pretty sore afterwards. A spirited game, enjoyed it

Sat 4th Sept
    1 hr of core / weights in the garage gym. Enjoyed it, can really feel the benefits afterwards.
    Tried for an LSR, having eaten crap all day the legs / stomach were having none of it. 1m @ crap pace
    Went out with the lads, 2 hrs of aerobic work on the d-floor of a reputable Dublin establishment @ 1am!

Sun 5th Sept
    I'm 28 today, damn!
    1hr of astro which shook off the hangover in the evening. Otherwise a great day, that Tipp team are inspirational

Given recent injuries and the fact I'm pacing Dublin, I've decided to change my entry in Baystate to a half marathon. I simply haven't done the mileage to justify the full and I want to pace the full DCM with my body intact, which would be a risk otherwise. This basically means I'm not doing a marathon "for me" this year. Slightly disappointing, but I still feel I'm in excellent shape overall. I'll get out to do some slow LSRs pre-DCM pacing, tbb mentioned he's fancy doing some specific "training" so the slower pace isn't a total shock to us!

# Runs: 118 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 6.5
    YTD: 833.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

christeb wrote: »
    Mon took off due to the ankle. Skipped the physio, I've suffered this before and know how to get it better

Tues 31st Aug
    6m @ some time
    Watch was dead, took it easy on the ankle, Held up OK even though I was compensating for it somewhat. Happy it was on the road to recovery

Weds 1st Sept
    5.5m @ unknown pace late home from town. Felt pretty good, ankle getting better

Fri 3rd Sept
    4m @ ca. 7.30 pace
    A "post Longford 3:05" spin around St Anne's Park with theboyblunder, he's in good form and planning the next step up in intensity. Nice to see him so fresh after the exploits only 5 days before.
    1hr 45 of football with his crew afterwards, I had my mouldies on on the hard grass, which don't help the ankle. It was pretty sore afterwards. A spirited game, enjoyed it

Sat 4th Sept
    1 hr of core / weights in the garage gym. Enjoyed it, can really feel the benefits afterwards.
    Tried for an LSR, having eaten crap all day the legs / stomach were having none of it. 1m @ crap pace
    Went out with the lads, 2 hrs of aerobic work on the d-floor of a reputable Dublin establishment @ 1am!

Sun 5th Sept
    I'm 28 today, damn!
    1hr of astro which shook off the hangover in the evening. Otherwise a great day, that Tipp team are inspirational

# Runs: 118 (12 races, 5 PB)
    YTD: 833.5

you had a good game on fri. belated happy b'day! I remember 28, I remember dancefloors..........[sigh] :)

Sh1t man, sorry to hear about the ankle, what a bitch. But then I read the next post and you play football on the Fri and the Sunday?? You young folk - I don't understand it :).

Happy birthday, that's great to be doing all the running etc at that age - I wish I had started at that age!

I was wondering - when is the article out in the Irish Runner on the run we did around Howth Head?

Macanri wrote: »
    Sh1t man, sorry to hear about the ankle, what a bitch. But then I read the next post and you play football on the Fri and the Sunday?? You young folk - I don't understand it :).

Happy birthday, that's great to be doing all the running etc at that age - I wish I had started at that age!

I was wondering - when is the article out in the Irish Runner on the run we did around Howth Head?

Thanks Mac. There's something about a good game of ball that running can't give, maybe I'll have to settle on being a slightly more rounded 'athlete' than focusing too much on any one thing...!

I think last month's I.R. issue was quite packed, I'm hoping we're in for this month - no guarantees. Will let you know as soon as I have more. They have the full res pics this time around (thanks to figs again for this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

christeb wrote: »
    Thanks Mac. There's something about a good game of ball that running can't give, maybe I'll have to settle on being a slightly more rounded 'athlete' than focusing too much on any one thing...!

I think last month's I.R. issue was quite packed, I'm hoping we're in for this month - no guarantees. Will let you know as soon as I have more. They have the full res pics this time around (thanks to figs again for this)

Lads,

Hello again. Been checking your logs. Savage training both of you...

Just wondering did "MileHigh" ever post up any of the pics from the day. I seen figs pics, and they were good running shots. MileHighs were more close ups etc. Any info???

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Lads,

Hello again. Been checking your logs. Savage training both of you...

Just wondering did "MileHigh" ever post up any of the pics from the day. I seen figs pics, and they were good running shots. MileHighs were more close ups etc. Any info???

Thanks. Emailed 'em just now

• Advertisement

Tues 7th Sept
    10m @ ca. 7.20
    Good spin with the club, 2 of the lads I enjoy running with a lot were out, due to do 10 at 'steady' pace. Plenty of banter but I left them slightly early, I could feel the ankle niggling away towards the end of the run

Weds 8th Sept
    6m @ easy pace. 3m out and back on the Coast road path.

Thurs 9th Sept
    Another 6m @ 7.47 pace, thiis time with one of the club lads acting as a soigneur around the Raheny 5 route, as he's taking some time off his feet.

Fri 3rd Sept
    1.5m wu, 5.5 x 800 intervals w/ 2min rest, 5m wd -9m total
    Ran the intervals with my colleague and theboyblunder. My legs were lacking pop from the start and I'm still compensating for the ankle, which is both swollen and a bit weakened. After the 4th intervals (in TCD College Park) I sprinted into the bathroom in the Pav, so missed half of the 5th int. Can't say I was tooo disappointed. The lads were faster than me for most, but got around at ca. 5.48 pace which I'm happy with, especially on the soft grass.

5m home to Raheny with tbb, good chat and we got heavily rained on - which we're making a pretty bad habit of!

Sat 4th Sept
    1 hr of core / weights in the garage gym.

Sun 5th Sept
    15.5m with the club. First 11 @ 7.49 pace, I turned around and ran the last 4.5 @ close to DCM pacing pace, closer to 9 min/mile. Ankle very sore at the end of this one too.

46.5m total for the week, my highest in a while.

# Runs: 123 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 53
    YTD: 891

Tues 14th Sept
    10m @ ca. 7.31
    Good spin with the club, running with a decent group tonight. Lots of banter, 5 x 3mins pick-ups. They were terming it a "fartlek", although I'm not sure it quite qualifies as this. A decent run all the same

Weds 15th Sept
    9.5m @ 7.17 with one of the lads from the club. A very good session

Thurs 16th Sept
    7.5 @ 7.25 pace with a couple of lads from the club. First time running with one of the yong lads who's about to start in the same college as I went to. I spent most of the run ranting about the do's and don'ts of college!

Fri 17th Sept
    1.5m wu, 6 x 800 intervals w/ 2min rest, 1.5m wd -6m total. Garmin robbed from tbb here
    just myself and theboyblunder this evening. Turned out to be possibly the best intervals session I#ve done. I didn't have the Garmin (blessing in disguise) so was going totally on tbb's pace. Averaged the 6 in ca. 5.35 pace if I'm not mistaken, good going on the soft grass.

We plan to do these sessions most Friday evenings in TCD College Park, so if anyone wants to join in, do get in touch.

1hr football in St Anne's Park after, I was my usual self, full of ridiculous step-overs and turns with little end product.

Sat 18th Sept
    Caught the start of the Half in the Park, had a chat with Krusty and lecheile. Cheered on the teammates at mile 1 and had to leg it.
    Later, 1 hr of core / weights in the garage gym.

Sun 19th Sept
    20m @ 8.36pace. HR 140. I was strict with the pace, not following with groups if they were going fast. Ended up finding clubmates going at the same pace for most of the way. Found it tough, but the pace was fine and could've kept going. A confidence run before pacing DCM, I needed the time on my feet.

Planned 1hr astro tonight, I just can't say no.

53.5m total for the week, my highest this year. Note: if the Garmin's and totals don't match, it's that I'm adding on the .4m from my house to the clubhouse. Which also makes today's run 20.4 instead, in fact!

# Runs: 128 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 106.5
    YTD: 944.5

good lsr there christeb esp with hilly howth thrown in - good stuff

Mon 20th Sept
    5.5m home from college. Just started Spanish classes. I'm at the slightly more advanced "Basic" level, as opposed to "Elementary." It's possibly slightly too high for me, but as the class is just Brian + cinco chicas, I can't drop out!

Tues 21st Sept
    5.5m. Left hammer feeling the effects of Sunday's 20. This session was supposed to be a steadyt 20 with the club, I ended it after 5. Not good.

Took the next 2 nights off to let the hammer settle. Thankfully it did, score.

Fri 24th Sept
    6m, 4.5 with theboyblunder. A pleasure as always, he's slowly selling me on Barcelona....He's promised me a lend of Coughlan's book, which after watching the vid on that other thread I'm looking forward to

Sun 26th Sept
    AM: 8.5m around Howth cliffs with Greg. Slightly rusty from the past few night's excesses.

PM: 5.5m into work to get the bike. Was travelling very well until the tank ran out, which I knew it would as I ate crap all day. Cycled home. Still, happy to get the extra miles in and it brought the week from "crap" status to "below average." There was plenty of alcohol consumed this week, it was my week to blow off steam prior to DCM. From now on it's miles and more miles, which I'm looking forward to.

By the way the Nike Lunar Trainers are the best runner I've ever had, if anyone knows anyone / anywhere I can pick up a sz 11 (Start Fitness only has 11.5), let me know. Does anyone know if the Lunar Glide very similar to it?

# Runs: 133 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 137.5
    YTD: 975.5

Mon 27th Sept
    2m + cycle home from college.

Tues 28st Sept
    9.5m at steady pace. 8 @ 7.26 with the club, 1.5 slow wd solo. A good run, nice weather and some good chat

Wed 29th Sept
    13m @ 7.43 with the club. Was informed we were only doing 12, but when the route started going up the Howth hills later on, I turned off as I didn't want to cover too much.

Fri 1st Oct
    5.5 x 1,000m @ 5.42 pace, rest 2:00 Intervals with theboyblunder. He wanted to do 1,000m ints, which I was up for as the last time we did them the 800 seemed relatively within ourselves. These were tough, I had to have an emergency toilet break during the 5th which was why I only completed 5.5. Still, a good session at a pace which I'm very very happy with, espceially considering the softness of the ground in TCD College Park, especially on the back straight. 1.2m wu / wd

Sun 3rd Oct
    AM: 20m @ 8.59 HR 139 with theboyblunder + 2 other guys. We were doing our pacer paced with a couple of guys who were just trying to get around. Lesson learned, 3 hrs on your feet is a tough thing to do, no matter how slow you're going. Could feel Friday's exploits in the legs as well, something I won't have to deal with in 22 days.

PM: 1 hr of astroball planned

Broke 1,000 for the year too - very happy with that. Checking on last years records, it looks like I was about 12 days earlier doing it last year. Aug at the latest is the plan for 2011

# Runs: 138 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 26
    YTD: 1,026

Mon 4th Oct
    5.5m easy home from college.m Needed to go to the bathroom for the last 3. Unpleasant.

Tues 5th Oct
    8.5m @ 8.05 pace with the club. The lads were all in flying form, spent most of the hour laughing our heads off - hilarious stuff! Maybe it was the pace! Finished with a bit of a sprint up the Howth Rd, I had a nice kick at the end. A thoroughly enjoyable run.

Fri 8th Oct
    5.8 x 1,000m @ 5.48. pace, rest 2:00 / 2:30 for the last few. Intervals with theboyblunder. Same distance as last week, ground still fairly soft in TCD College Park. Found them tough from the start, there wasn't much pop in the legs. I ate well all day, but still needed to utilise the facilities after the 4th int, something I've needed to do on most of these sessions. Annoying and means I'm not giving it my all. Happy to get through this one - 1.6m wu, 4.5 wd.

Sun 10th Oct
    AM: 16m @ 8.24 pace with the club. Easy pace - most were going for 22m which I find quite mind-boggling so close to DCM, but what do I know? This run was tough, especially with the wind in our face on the Coast Rd, but I felt pretty good throughout. Last big one before the Lowell Sun Half MArathon on Sunday and DCM pacing duties.

PM: 1 hr of astroball planned

Flying to Boston on Fri for 5 days, the Half is on Sunday on a very flat course - I should be in shape to beat 1:30 comfortably. Will be very happy to get that particular goal off my back, my previous best is around 1:33 from 2009.

# Runs: 142 (12 races, 5 PB)
    MTD: 55.5
    YTD: 1,055.5[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Best of luck in Boston and I hope you crack the 1:30 goal - should be no bother to you in your current form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Best of luck next week dude, very consistent training lately.

Meant to post earlier in case I forgot...
    All the best in the half. Enjoy the trip:)

Did 89:16 in the Half - delighted after quite a busy week. I was starting to doubt both my suitability and ability over the longer distances, but yesterday felt great the whole way around. A super race in general and great course. I'll put a full report together when I get back

Now it's all about good food, shopping and getting ready for Part 2, a little jog around the streets of Dub-a-line town in 7 days :)

Oh, and I'm heading out for a jog along the Charles River now, to let the spirit of the Boston Marathon was over me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Never doubted you! :pac:

Now all you've to do is run a BQ in Barcelona in March...

Mon 11th Oct
    5.5m easy home from college.

Tues 12th Oct
    5.5m easy home from work

Sun 17th Oct - The Sun Half Marathon, Lowell, MA
    13.16m @ 6.47 pace - 1:29:16 chip time (PB).
    A super race on a great course. We had to be up early for the 45min trip to Lowell in my buddies car, an 8am start didn't help. I had a very week running so was feeling fresh, if not quite as sharp as I might have liked. Number pick up in the local ice hockey stadium and we made our way to the start. I drank a bit too much vitamin water before the off, which made the race uncomfortable in parts. Apart from that it went perfectly. The course is 2 x laps around the Merrimack River, quite an interesting course with some mundane motorway-ish stretches. I enjoyed every minute, felt strong and controlled throughout. I had an Ireland vest on, borrowed from a teammate so was getting plenty of shouts around the course. High 5s everywhere too - gotta love America. The race had a real local feel to it and they finished us up with a lap of the outfield of the Lowell Spinners baseball stadium, a high point for me. After the race there was hot food in the stadium, plenty of refuelling food on offer which topped things off nicely. We stayed around to watch the end of the marathon, a very close finish. Some pics of me on the course are here (bib # 2788). In reality the whole experience was a very controlled one, I knew from far out that's I'd break the 90. Could have pushed the boat out a bit if I had someone with me, but I suppose I wanted to ensure the A-goal 100%. Get that monkey off my back if you will. Onwards and upwards.

The strangest moment of the race was just before the start, some chap in a Clonliffe Harriers vest snuck into the very top of the pack. It was too late to shout out, and he was gone like a light. Funny.

Mon 18th Oct
    6m @ 8.14 pace along the Charles River in Boston and around Cambridge. A nice run, chilly and was trying out the new

Weds 20th Oct
    9.5m with the club, most were going out to do 4 or 6 but I decided to do more with one of the guys who's not doing the marathon, I was feeling fresh. Easy enough pace, everyone was in great form and looking forward to the 25th

Sat 23rd Oct
    2 hrs of DCM Pace Team work in the RDS with theboyblunder. Fun, hectic, very very busy and certainly counts as training of some description. Looking forward to 9am tomorrow morning....

# Runs: 147 (13 races, 6 PB)
    MTD: 95
    YTD: 1,095

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Best wishes tomorrow Cb.

Mon 25th Oct - DCM 2010
    26.47m in 3:59:28 (chip time)

A great great day out. Where to start? Between the head-camera, plastic bag to retain head and whatever else at the start, we were off before you knew it. It was clear a large crowd were going to be with us from the off, and constant questioning ensured this. It's amazing seeing the camera footage, there are few people for a while and a huge black balloon led wave descends over the camera. Amazing stuff. As there were 4 hr pacers we we 2 + 2, shotgunMCOS was a pleasure to have all the way around, he was pacing me as much as the group at times :D. The only negative was being tripped up by over eager pacers, one guy must have clipped me x 10 over 2 miles. Personally I felt fairly fresh for the whole thing, I knew at 18 miles that I had 8 miles left tin the legs at this pace, which was comforting and meant I didn't have to worry about this. The last 1.5 was carnage, swarms of people everywhere. We were shouting constantly from 1m out, with the area around the front of Trinity particularly hectic. Most got over the line in front of us, I ran the last 100m backwards to try to get everyone sprinting. A nice finsh had us stepping over the line together - Ray O'C, SureWhyNot and shotgunMCOS: a pleasure lads. Humbling to be thanked by so many at the end, I'm looking forward to the next one already

Weds 27th Oct
    Stopped by the club intervals on the way home froom work. Coach gave me 4 x 800s, got around in 2.53 avg which was mostly due to the soft ground and crappy runners I had. Felt good to do this 2 days after the big one.

Thurs 28th Oct
    6.5m with a club mate, ca. 7:30 pace

Fri 29th Oct
    4m easy pre-work

Nothing over the weekend apart from astro (lightly went over my ankle, will I ever learn?).

Mon 1st Nov
    6.5m @ 8:11 with a heavy backpack.

Flights are booked to Barcelonamfor the Marathon in March. Hoping to get soome consistent training in prior to this, although once we get into giddy season of late Nov and Dec, this is questionable. My next 2 weeks are already super busy, I guess it'll just mean more runs in the mornings. Easier said than done.

# Runs: 152 (13 races, 6 PB)
    YTD: 1,140.5[/QUOTE]

theboyblunder decided he was doing an 18 week plan for Barcelona. I'm joining him, I think I'll perform better with structure from early on, rather than just doing it for 12 weeks. No excuses!

Tues 2nd Nov
    AM: weights in the garage

PM: 7.5 @ 7:25 HR 149
    Solid run solo, no one was at the clubhouse. 1st 3m into the wind, then with me for the next 3, I was running these at 7:10 without doing much, felt a bit like treadmill running. Every run up Watermill Rd from the causeway has been done at pace, up the hill at least, in order to simulate the conditions in the raheny 5. I'd LOVE to do sub 30 in Jan

Weds 3rd Nov
    Wil Mario Kart and Champions League night with the lads

Thurs 4th Nov
    7m @ 7:50 pace HR 138. Wasn't feeling this after work for some reason, most of the clubmates are away in Portugal for a few days, so had to do this solo. I don't like that, means I have to run against my brain too (as well as legs)!

Fri 5th Oct
    Intervals with theboyblunder. This man will be the death of me. Didn't have Garmin for the long warm-up, but it's 1.6 to meet him then 4.4 to Raheny and finally 3.5 intervals.

Intervals were 5 x 4min hard for me (he did 6) w/ 3 min rest. 5:51 avg for the 5 of them. Found this tough, legs weren't in great shape for the start. We did these around the ~ 800m perimeter green area where the Raheny 5 mile start line. 5:45-6pm start most Fridays if anyone wants to join us

9.5 total, went to see dan le sac vs Scroobius Pip live in the Workman's Club after, what a show. His beard cancels out Jedward's hair, according to Pip himself.

Sat 6th Oct
    5.5m @ 8.18 pace. Into the office in town to collect my 'new' bike which I'd left overnight. Easy pace after the intervals, didn't have much in the legs.

Sun 7th Nov
    14m LSR @ 8:03 pace HR 139. Got this in at midday despite being out last night til 4:30, I stopped drinking at ~ 12:30am and danced quite a lot after this. Little things that make a big difference, was still a great night. Run itself reflected this, it's also officially tights weather, too cold for the shorts I had on. Ran most of this solo, met a clubmate in teh park for a short while. Messy but got through it.

That's 50m on the week, if I can keep this up for for the rest of the sched then I'll be on for a sub 3.10, which is the goal right now.

# Runs: 158 (13 races, 6 PB)
    MTD: 50
    YTD: 1,185

forgot you had another run before meeting me - nearly 10k before the intervals - savage!

forgot you had another run before meeting me - nearly 10k before the intervals - savage!

A standard warm-warm up! Looking forward to seeing if you're aerobic runs get slower after VR's word of wisdom on your log...?

A good weeks training there - especially so soon after DCM.
    And a sweet new space ship - I like it. I will no doubt be seeing the back of it over Howth Head some time next spring!
    All the best with the marathon training.
    Am planning on doing Barcelona my self and have the P&D 18 week plan (courtsey of RQ) and am planning on mixing it with the HM plan for Waterford, so I don't mis too many key sessions. I'ld like to think I should be targetting around the same time as yourself.

Barca-bound? Cool - see you there. You can pace me to a 3:10 :p What flights are you getting? I'm Sat - Tues with Ryanair.

As I said above, let me know if you wanna do intervals with Stephen and I on Fridays - about 5:50pm at the Raheny 5 start line.

The 'new' bike is a dream, can only take her out on perfect days and the single gear means I can only get her up the easy side in Howth. I did get new climbing wheels (Campag Shamals) for the Canyon though, so I'm still good for the odd climb!

• Advertisement

Hardey har har, we'll see how it goes between now and then! I still haven't booked either, the marathon, flights or the hotel. Must get final permission over the weekend and get the finger out.:)

Don't finish work 'til 6 - so wouldn't be able to get there in time. But, if I finish early some Friday I'll give you a shout.

I forgot writing the other post that it was a fixy. Climbing wheels! You learn something new every day!

Will you be down for the 2 miler tomorrow evening? I picked up a form to join the Shamrock's at the last one.

Advertisement