Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Change - Time Limit?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just sunscribed and looking to make an namechange however of the seven or so that I have found they were all registered over 4 years to 7 years ago and they made two or three posts and never came back.

Is there no time limit on how long someone can hold down a name without posting? I would have thought 12 months would be fair amout of time that you shouldn't have any complaints if you name gets dropped.

Even email accounts wil drop you after six non-active months.

Just a thought :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

We don't delete names due to non use - just because they've only posted 3 times, doesn't mean they're not browsing the site.

Also it can mess up the flow of conversations they have taken part in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

BuffyBot wrote: »
    We don't delete names due to non use - just because they've only posted 3 times, doesn't mean they're not browsing the site.

Also it can mess up the flow of conversations they have taken part in.

Okay ..

What if someone posted once and that post got them banned three years ago? :)

I have put in a request for such a name on the subscribers forum, no reply as of yet though.

It doesn't really matter if they've been banned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

BuffyBot wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter if they've been banned :)

Well damn him to hell for having such a cool name and not using it :mad:

Thanks anyways :)

Been there, experienced that ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement