Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric plugs for phone chargers ?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

what kind of electric plugs do they have in Australia. Are they the same as the ones here in Ireland (3 prong ones). I'm just wondering about charging the phone, and will I need to get an adaptor ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

mikedublin wrote: »
    what kind of electric plugs do they have in Australia. Are they the same as the ones here in Ireland (3 prong ones). I'm just wondering about charging the phone, and will I need to get an adaptor ?

3 pin but different shape.
    just get a plug adapter (not sure if thats the technical term!). about $6-$8. plug it in to aus socket and plug your ph/laptop charger/hairdryer in to it.
    beautifulllllll as they say here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

myhorse wrote: »
    3 pin but different shape.
    just get a plug adapter (not sure if thats the technical term!). about $6-$8. plug it in to aus socket and plug your ph/laptop charger/hairdryer in to it.
    beautifulllllll as they say here.

I would just buy one(a charger) here. Bit more on price but a lot less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I would just buy one(a charger) here. Bit more on price but a lot less hassle.

but wouldnt you have to get one for phone, one for laptop/ipod/digital camera etc? If its just for a phone would be fine but any other electrical goods would need multiple ones

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

thanks for the replys. thats kewl. Its just for the phone so I'll only need the one. cheers, mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

myhorse wrote: »
    but wouldnt you have to get one for phone, one for laptop/ipod/digital camera etc? If its just for a phone would be fine but any other electrical goods would need multiple ones

When I moved from Ireland to Australia I took a power board (like a extension cable wih 4 sockets on it) and then when I got to Aus I cut the plug off and replaced it with an australian one.

So had an australian plug with 4 sockets for Irish things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 kensingtondell

bw wrote: »
    When I moved from Ireland to Australia I took a power board (like a extension cable wih 4 sockets on it) and then when I got to Aus I cut the plug off and replaced it with an australian one.

So had an australian plug with 4 sockets for Irish things.

Good idea :D

Advertisement