Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect to wifi, then 3g windows mobile

• 31-10-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Hi all

would anybody know how to make sure this scenario happens?:

Connecting to the internet on a windows mobile phone, whether it be opera mobile, nimbuzz or cabbage texter.

1. im at home, wifi is on so it connects to the internet with wifi.
    2. i left home, no wifi available, so it connects to 3g.

but it has to connect to wifi when wifi available even if 3g is on.

is there any way to configure the device to do that?the iphone connects to wifi preferentially then to 3g.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What number do you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

erm, a meteor number why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

This would work on any network, however, think only on symbian phones at the moment. It is a freeware app called smartconnect from a company called birdstep. Might be a winmo version out there. Sorry cannot be of any more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Man, go to freewarepocketpc.net and browse a bit... I never had use for sth like that on my wm phones, but I'm certain there's loads of stuff similar to s60's birdstep etc etc....

Or try handango - though most of their stuff is not free, but you normally get a trial version to see if it suits you.

Advertisement