Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops & Pick n Mixes

Options
  • 31-10-2009 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭

I'm just throwing this discussion about the stupidaty of shops and how they leave pick n mixes right there for the child to try and get ! Can they not put the sweets behind the counter instead of having a war with a 3 & half year old !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Oh they are not stupid. They know what they are doing. Countless times while paying for something my toddler has taken sweets out of those things and Ive ended up having to buy them. Its total blackmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Nobody would see them or buy them if they were behind the counter. I agree though in a way. They should put them on sale openly on the aisles, this gives the parent a fighting chance to get the child past them with the usual distraction techniques and so on.

Being trapped, in a Que at the counter with a tantrum tendency child, combined with oodles of sweets in reach is not a good combination for any stressed parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

gcgirl wrote: »
    I'm just throwing this discussion about the stupidaty of shops and how they leave pick n mixes right there for the child to try and get ! Can they not put the sweets behind the counter instead of having a war with a 3 & half year old !

I totally agree with you! I remember one time I was standing at the counter in a well known video store which has the pick and mix boxes right there at the counter. Anyway I finished my purchase , took my then 2.5 yr old by the hand and went out of the shop only to discover out on the street that her mouth was full of sweets :eek:. She had been busily eating away as I paid, and I didnt notice as the counter is so high iykwim. I did feel a bit guilty but its also the stores fault for putting the sweets literally in a small kids face.:mad:

Advertisement