Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you do it?.......

• 31-10-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

As the NFL isn't a main stream sport with large groups of fans in Ireland, I was wondering how you watch your NFL?

Friends over? Mini TailGates? Solitary confinement?

Personally, I like to chill out Marley style, pack the missus off to watch the XFactor results, record the first hour of each game (so i can forward the ads) and just let the magic begin.

Have to say, I miss Madden's commentary though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I miss Madden aswell, at least we have the video games.
    I record the games and watch the Patriots games over the internet that way I get a few games each week. Most ppl just don't see the attraction and think I'm wasting my time on a stupid sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

I think everyone misses Madden but Collinsworth has been outstanding. Really sharp analysis.

I sky + the first hour of each game and then start watching. None of my friends or family have any interest in NFL, so i tend to go it alone.

If i have no interest in the live games only then will i resort to streams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I listen to the Packers games on Gamepass and drink myself silly:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,032 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

henryhenry wrote: »
    I think everyone misses Madden but Collinsworth has been outstanding. Really sharp analysis.

I sky + the first hour of each game and then start watching. None of my friends or family have any interest in NFL, so i tend to go it alone.

If i have no interest in the live games only then will i resort to streams.
    I am fed up of Collinsworth already. The man I love listening to now is John Gruden, the best commentator doing the NFL right now imo.

I like Phil Simms also.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

eagle eye wrote: »
    I am fed up of Collinsworth already. The man I love listening to now is John Gruden, the best commentator doing the NFL right now imo.

I like Phil Simms also.

Love Phil Simms. As for Gruden...God I loathe him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

eagle eye wrote: »

I like Phil Simms also.

He had me in stiches during the draft this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Watch all Raider games online, If I can't get a stream I follow it on nfl.com game center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I've gamepass so can watch any game whenever I want but I usually head into the Woolshed to get my eat on and catch a few games with some beer... and chocolate pudding. Oh yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Me and about 10 or 12 of my mates get togther every sunday in one of the lads houses who has a nfl bar in his gaff we bbq and drink cold ones watcing the games. most weeks i try catch the raiders online on a laptop. We're havin a big thanksgiving get together turkey, the lot and some football. should be great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Usually just try and get the best stream I can for the 49ers game. Failing that I'd either look at Gamecenter or listen to it on KNBR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The Munky wrote: »
    As the NFL isn't a main stream sport with large groups of fans in Ireland, I was wondering how you watch your NFL?

Friends over? Mini TailGates? Solitary confinement?

Personally, I like to chill out Marley style, pack the missus off to watch the XFactor results, record the first hour of each game (so i can forward the ads) and just let the magic begin.

Have to say, I miss Madden's commentary though.

That was my Sat watching Florida Vs Georgia...........

It ain't just ball day on a Sunday !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I watch it whenever I can (College hampers the season for me)
    Whenever watching it on Sky Sports, I watch it with my brother. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Gamepass for every Charger game live unless it is on in the middle of the nite. If that is the case I watch it next day without knowing the score.

Advertisement