Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead dog outside my house

Options
  • 31-10-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Not sure how it got there, hit by car probably. Who do I ring to get rid of it a.s.a.p? Im on the boundary of Fingal and Dublin City councils.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Ring the emergency number for Dublin City council, 2222222 and they'll put you through to trade waste who'll collect it. I'm not sure what the fingal number is.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Any tag or phone number around it's neck. The owner might be searching frantically for the dog. It would be helpful to give them closure.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

zebo should be around and collect it

*waiting to see if anyone gets the book / film reference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

bmm wrote: »
    Any tag or phone number around it's neck. The owner might be searching frantically for the dog. It would be helpful to give them closure.

no, checked for that. There's a settled traveller "compound" near by, reckon it came from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Poor dog. See i the local chinese are short on meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

man, dont get rid of it, you got yourself a dead dog, you know how much those things are worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

heart breaking stuff there, a mother and son pulled up in a car, had a look, son breaks down in tears, mother comes over and puts a blanket over the dog and they stand there hugging each other and crying for ages. Fair play, she put it in the boot of the car and drove off. Problem solved, didn't fancy it lying around there on the night that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Well ... at least they know for sure about their dog, and you don't have to worry about the body.

No doubt there will be some other poor mutts terrorised tonight ... worst night of the year for some dog owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

zebo should be around and collect it

*waiting to see if anyone gets the book / film reference

I got it. I think his name was Zeebo though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

loads of fireworks a bit like thunder sends the dogs wild, running anywhere for cover,

most dogs are lost or killed (running into traffic) during thunder storms,

the fireworks because there are so many of them can replicate the same feeling for the dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This thread made me cry, those poor people...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I do like a thread with a happily resolved ending (for the OP at least).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PEPPI

podge018 wrote: »
    heart breaking stuff there, a mother and son pulled up in a car, had a look, son breaks down in tears, mother comes over and puts a blanket over the dog and they stand there hugging each other and crying for ages. Fair play, she put it in the boot of the car and drove off. Problem solved, didn't fancy it lying around there on the night that's in it.

You have to be a dog owner, to know how sad this must have been for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This wasn't in Bayside, was it? I saw a dead dog there the other morning. It was a fairly old dog. Hopefully it didn't suffer.

Advertisement