Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern warfare 2 leaked early!!

• 31-10-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

for anyone who has there xbox flashed modern warfare 2 has just leaked the full game.

im not downloading because its just pointless because as soon as u sign in xbox will catch u and ban u if they see u have played the game and unlocked any ahceivments...

this is one game im just going to wait for only 1 more week, but just taught id tell ye all it has leaked so dont be surprised when u start playin the 1st day ur gettin ur ass whooped by someone on there 3rd prestige haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

for anyone who has there xbox flashed modern warfare 2 has just leaked the full game.

im not downloading because its just pointless because as soon as u sign in xbox will catch u and ban u if they see u have played the game and unlocked any ahceivments...

this is one game im just going to wait for only 1 more week, but just taught id tell ye all it has leaked so dont be surprised when u start playin the 1st day ur gettin ur ass whooped by someone on there 3rd prestige haha

Sounds like MW2 pissed itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

My mate never uses xbox live so I'll make sure he knows about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

playing it myself now on xbox live and it works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

There's a good chance you'll be banned for that. Something similar happened with ODST.

That aside how awesome is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

ya is it any good ??? not worth geting banded over tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

silvine wrote: »
    There's a good chance you'll be banned for that. Something similar happened with ODST.

That aside how awesome is it?

defo one of the best games i've played so far. they have put so much into this. pure EXCELLENT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Me and my crap download speed lol really want to play this aswell, still getting it for ps3 though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Tonne of games leaked today by the looks of it.Dragon Age and Lego Rock Band and some other rpg that isn't out till next year from what I've seen.
    Don't have a modded box myself, seems a little pointless bar the obvious free games, but you can't play them on line for fear of a ban and as well, the chevs show up so you're screwed if you go online, from my understanding.
    Think there's a massive hammer ban happening at the moment as well with the updates as a device of achieving it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just so your all aware of the Charter.
    1. Posting about Warez.
    This means that if you post anything on how to obtain, copy, hax0r, backup, get a serial number for or otherwise copy or circumvent copy protection. We don't care if you want to back up your perfectly legal copy of The Sims. Copying protected cd's is off-topic anyway. There is a zero tolerance for this. If you break this rule, you will be permanently banned and your post will be edited and/or deleted.

The reason we are so strict on this is that if Games was a place were such things were discussed then boards.ie could be shut down by the Garda for hosting warez monkeys.

Admitting to downloading a pirated game / filling your flash card with ROMs is now zero tolerance, and an infractable offense. By admitting to pirate, you're theoretically providing evidence for a highly unlikely but possible prosecution.

Anyone selling ROMs gets a permanent ban.

However, discussion of mod-chips is acceptable because modifying hardware you own is still legal. The day that it becomes illegal to connect a chip to some hardware I own is the day I start smashing consoles outside Garda stations shouting "HOWDYA LIKE THESE MODIFICATIONS!?!"

We are well aware that one function of some mod chips is to make copying games easier. Talking about that is no different to any other warez discussion and will be pounced upon with severity.

While discussions of mod-chips are acceptable, they are more suitable to the Console Modding forum, and threads may be moved there.

If a game is officially abandonware (ie. the game publishers have given their permission for it to be copied) then that's ok. See the Free Games thread for abandonware links and other free games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Meatwad wrote: »
    Think there's a massive hammer ban happening at the moment as well with the updates as a device of achieving it.

Its been going on for the last week. Looks like a huge number were caught. Hilarious to see all the "why have I been banned?" posts on the Xbox forums and the only reply they get is a link to a FAQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Kiith wrote: »
    Just so your all aware of the Charter.

ok, thanks for that :rolleyes:, we get it ur a mod. your very powerful :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Never, Piracy only exists on the pc :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ok, thanks for that :rolleyes:, we get it ur a mod. your very powerful :rolleyes:

no hes not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

weeder wrote: »
    no hes not

I imagine there was a bit of irony in that.

Anyway, sad to see piracy travel to the consoles, but this may strengthen Sony's case for expanding on Blu-Ray. I say this because there's no way bandwidth is good enough globally to support digital-only game distribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok seriously gaming piracy pisses me off shame on anyone thats involved! how can gaming developers continue their work to bring us games when you guys are taking something for free? developers are under enough pressure with the likes of bricks and mortar shops selling second hand games! company that developed crackdown only just broke even i heard! load of ****e this thread and im reporting this now! sorry for the rant but anyone taking whats not theirs are no better than common criminals! can a mod look at this and the charter states against this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

relacks dude its only a\game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

naughto wrote: »
    relacks dude its only a\game

No its not. It's peoples livelihood and some fantastic smaller developers going out of business :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement