Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaman/Soul retrieval

Options
  • 31-10-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Anyone out there that has been to see a shaman for a soul retrieval.? I would love to hear if it was successful in dealing with deeprooted problems.I think this would be really helpful to me but am aware that there are alot of charlatans out there and I want to make sure I connect with someone decent.Any help would be appreciated.
    Txs
    Pinc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 twobockganeoush

Hi pinc,

I've done a lot of past life releases with a distance healer that I met on the internet.Sounds flaky as hell,I know!!! But , seriously was put in touch with a lady that lives in America a few years ago. Her sessions blew my socks off. LITERALLY. I ended up doing them for 2/3 years. and spent much of that time crying. It has definately been the hardest thing I have ever come through. I shared my story on a past life forum and will copy and paste it here. I'm not sure it would be classed as soul retrival but its definately similar.I do need to sound a word of caution though and thats because I did a reading lately and a few perspectives/pieces of advice were given. One was about a past life where my soul energy was still trapped and the other was that my third eye charkra was fairly badly damaged.I really doubt that it was because of doing these sessions as something else happened me a few years ago that I won't mention here, and I am fairly confident thats its a result of that.I'm just mentioning it though because these sessions were so profound for me.HEAVY bands of head tension for days at a time, and just so much energy releases and tears and being a mess that it could have affected that charka but as I said, I think it came from somewhere else.

Heres my story..
    " Several years ago, I was a very unhappy, anxious and depressed young man and had tried pretty much everything to heal myself. From holosync brain meditation cds (which I still think are a fascinating product that may offer soul evolution something by entraining the brain in a state of delta-BUT HAVE READ SOME NOT SO GOOD STORIES BY USERS) Healers, excerise, self-help courses, books, mantras, blessings, ormus products..etc..etc.. The list goes on! I also went to see my doctor which recommended that I go see a psychotherapist. They tried to put me on meds but thankfully I didn't listen. I also have to add here that I was anxious, depressed etc..but I was always 'with it'. ALWAYS!

However, my older brother who I always considered to be a lot more normal than me, developed some condition about 2 years ago where he really lost it. Voices, paranoia etc. And ended up in a psychiatric ward but is now back living a normal life, but on medication which I hate.I also have a younger brother that definitely has issues too.The reason , I mention that is because after delving into my past life stuff, it became apparent to me what a troubled soul I really was and perhaps troubled souls incarnate together. For the record I have two normal sisters and a normal brother so we're not all nuts!

So, 3 years ago, or so, I found a distance healer on the internet that released past life blockages etc..I was very apprehensive about trying her work as I've been brought up in a strong Catholic family etc..but had no choice but give it a go. I did about 3 sessions initially and on my third one or so, I went into such a fever. I was in bed at the time and suddenly just started shaking, totally hot and cold... This was so scary and really felt like I was being shook to my very foundations. It lasted hours and left me weak and shocked for days afterwards. The report I got from her confirmed that I had been a very bad person in a past life that had done some terrible things and that was the guilt being released from it. I still don't know how to handle knowledge of past life misdeeds. I view myself as just me in this life that somehow got lumbered with all this stuff. Perhaps I needed to!

Anyway, after that session I was hooked so to speak.I have done a lot of releases over the following 2 1/2 years and dealt with many issues. None were as intense as that, but ALL have an incredibly difficult follow up integration period. Sometimes many weeks of crying every day, bands of head tension on the forehead, loss of energy, emotionally turbulent in a very turbulent way! Also, when my brother was in the psychiatric ward she viewed him remotely and did some gentle work on him but he's just not interested or even believes in past lives but she said his issues come from there too. Without meaning to sound like a whatever, I really had to be a warrior to pursue this so relentlessly for so long. I've had people look at me like I was something on the end of a shoe when I've been a mess from integrations but I haven't cared. I knew this was a shot in a million and I was taking it!
    Her website is www.soulwisdom.net. She also teaches people how to enact these releases themselves. Its not a special ability so to speak but does take a lot of practice to develop it.

So where am I now? I am in a far better place on every level. I've had a reading done with a spirit guide that recommended that I explore shamanic healing as it was a similar to the work I was doing but may be more effective.This reading was the reason I stopped doing the above sessions but I needed a break (badly!) anyway, but on reflection am not 100% it was a real reading. I am still glad of the break and will look at shamanic healing but do feel I want to go deeper. For the record, this lady healer told me I was very easy to give sessions to. Everyone is different and some respond more positively than others.

Its probably six months since my last session but I still release a lot of the time. Tears every couple of days that are just a cleansing from my spirit. Not crying for any reason...

Also, just now its becoming more apparent to me that I have a gentle peace in my heart emerging. It took a while to notice it because there are no bells and whistles with peace but its nice being able to live with myself again. I also feel like I've somehow earned my respect by pursuing this path and these releases so relentlessly and it really does take something great to forgive yourself and move on. So now I'm in a recovery period place. I am vegan, living on a raw food diet, exercise everyday and have a smile in my heart.

I do ponder thoughts of 'home' a lot and don't feel I am from here, planet earth but have no idea is that me being a bit melodramatic or not. I definitely want to look at past lives again but not for some months yet. Its hard being able to see the impact of them on close people to you yet understanding that dealing with them takes a lot."

So , in a nutshell that has been the prize for me. A gentle peace in my heart plus I've also learned a lot over the last few years about thinking more respectfully and loving myself and I've changed my diet etc..I'm still releasing but nowhere near as intently and on my good days I feel inwardly splendid.I am very glad I undertook this journey and don't know how similar it is to a shamans/soul retrieval type work.I've talked with one or two on the phone but I never got the impression that it would affect a person the way these sessions affected me.I really don't fully understand what is going with her work but its certainly powerful. I should also mention that my sister has a boy aged about 9 that has always been a problem child. At the end of last term his teacher called my sister in and said that they needed to get something done with him as he has a very dark side. She was at her wits end with him and knew about the work I had been doing and asked me if I thought it could help.I knew this lady worked with kids sometimes and ITS FAR,FAR EASIER TO DO THESE SESSIONS ON KIDS as their soul hasn't fully imprinted in the body. Anyway, she did 4 sessions on him(I must have done 20-30)and this child just transformed. She passed on one session report of where he was very bitter over being in one of the world wars and when I told my sis , she said OMG, all his drawing since very small are of soldiers and war etc..Maybe a coincidence but I doubt it.The last session she did on him was probably june/july and overall hes has been SOOOOOO different.Everyone has noticed it and he still has his moments of being a brat but overall the difference is incredible.I can't believe how easy his transformation was compared to mine and just hope that he continues to be the happy child he is now.
    Heres a very interesting documentary too about one familys search to find healing for their autistic boy that led them to shamen in mongolio.

http://tvshack.net/movies/The_Horse_Boy__2009_/ (not sure if it will load but excellent viewing for anyone.Heartwarming)

I do plan on getting my chakras looked at soon and I think this will be where I go.
    http://www.thewhitewindshealingcentre.com/index.html
    He also does soul retrieval etc..so I'm going to see can I do anything about that past life where I was told about where I have a part of myself trapped. It will be interesting to see how both modalities compare. Best of luck on your journey.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

pinc wrote: »
    Anyone out there that has been to see a shaman for a soul retrieval.? I would love to hear if it was successful in dealing with deeprooted problems.I think this would be really helpful to me but am aware that there are alot of charlatans out there and I want to make sure I connect with someone decent.Any help would be appreciated.
    Txs
    Pinc

I haven't, but I have spoken with people who have.

There can be a lot of preporation involved and it's not something to be undertaken lightly.

I would recommend maybe doing a course on dreaming/shamanism and maybe if you meet a teacher there whom you trust then see where you can go from there. That way, you gain some advantage via learning and you can truly feel safe in any decision you make about healing/soul retrevial.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

Wahey, what a trip Twobuckganeoush. I'll have to keep rereading your post to take it all in.It's certainly a bit more than I would want to handle right now.!!
    Youu were very brave to deal with someone on-line but I spose you had good recommendations.
    I think I will start with reiki and see where it takes me. 'Slowly, slowly catchee monkey'
    I read "The Horse-Boy".Great book.
    I have a feeling I will be using shaminism in the future.
    Thanks for the links-might use Whitewinds myself and thanks for taking the time to post-appreciate it
    and thanks Suaimneach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DonaldoX

There's a shamanic drumming circle that meets up every two weeks.

http://www.meetup.com/The-Shamans-Drum-Circle/calendar/11949021/

Next meeting 8th December 7:30pm what was temple bar music centre. Bring a drum and a rattle.

I heavily recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Who is running it?
    and what is the cost?

• Advertisement

€15 and its ran by Dermot O'Hara.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Who's he? How big is the group? Beginners welcome etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I did some digging:

http://www.shamanschoolireland.com/
    The celtic rainbow school of shamans is a non-profit making organization established in 2001 to promote sPIRITUAL HEALING Shamanism and earth based spirituality here in Ireland.

Our mission is to provide a space to promote healing and personal growth experiences.Our school is dedicated to helping you develop spiritually ,physically, socially, and emotionally.This is what we call Soul Integration Healing as developed by the schools founder Dermot O'Hara

About Dermot O Hara iei miha
    Dermot is the founder and Spritual Director of The Celtic Rainbow School of Shamans in Glencree. He has been caring in his role as Healer Teacher and Shaman for over ninetheen Years.

Dermot is a certified Clinical Hypnotherpist working from his practice in Clondalkin,Dublin Over the past 25 years he has worked with many Indigenious healers in Canada and the USA developing his skills.He has been recognized for his work by the Indigeniuos Education Institute in the US and is registerd with them as their Inernational Advisor.

Dermot Founded the Celtic Rainbow School of Shamans in 2001 .Through the school Dermot introduces people to a place of balance and harmony within themselves.This balance is promoted by having a more eco friendly relationship with the planets we live on.

Thats him. About 11 come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 natcatduff

You should check out www.shamanismireland.com - really beautiful centre in Co. Meath that runs all sorts of really good courses in Shamanism!

• Advertisement
Advertisement