Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7- "Copying Windows files (0%)..."

• 31-10-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a clean install of w7 home premium over vista ultimate. I've started the install and am just wondering how long it takes to actually get moving. It's been stuck on the above "copying...0%" for a good 10 minutes now and the DVD drive doesn't sound like it's in use...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Branoic wrote: »
    I'm doing a clean install of w7 home premium over vista ultimate. I've started the install and am just wondering how long it takes to actually get moving. It's been stuck on the above "copying...0%" for a good 10 minutes now and the DVD drive doesn't sound like it's in use...
    You need to make sure there is enough room on the Hard Drive in order to install it.

Try clearing up as much crap as you can and moving stuff to an external HD and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Space definitely isn't the problem, I've got way way more space than required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Branoic wrote: »
    Space definitely isn't the problem, I've got way way more space than required.
    Good. Ok try copying the contents of the DVD and running it from your computer instead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you have any security software software running like AV then uninstall it
    and have Windows 7 versions ready to install

might be better to boot from the DVD rather than running in windows

and NO upgrade will fix serious problems with settings, instead you will inherit them

Tried it from the 2nd, bluray, drive instead of the regular DVD drive and it worked fine! Weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Never seen it take that long so far but did notice a big difference in that part with old machines taking a lot longer.

Yeah, but the machine's only about 6 months old and is a bit of a beast, so there shouldn't have been any problems. Dunno what the issue with DVD drive was.

Anyway, windows 7 has been running fine now for the past day, but I just tried to do a restarted after some automatic updates and got an error message, "No bootable partition in table" - eek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

My upgrage of vista to windows 7 too about 9 hours, the copying files was at 0% for about an hour I think. It has been know to take up to 21 hours to upgrade so I wasn't worried with the slow progress. Everything worked fine when finished and getting really used to Win 7 now, might upgrade my laptop next.

Advertisement