Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cursor jumping when typing

Options
  • 31-10-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Does anyone know why my cursor keeps randomly jumping up a few lines, whenever I'm typing text on web screens (like this forum post or my web based email)?

Its really annoying because I'll be happily typing away and when I look up its all scrambled. Can I do anything to stop it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

If you are using a laptop, maybe you are hitting the touch pad with your palm when you are typing...

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

kenon wrote: »
    If you are using a laptop, maybe you are hitting the touch pad with your palm when you are typing...

+1

Always is the main problem. Spread your hands a bit further away from the touchpad and see if it still happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kenon wrote: »
    Almost always. I tried explaining this to my boss for the longest time until I physically intervened and disabled the feature :p before that he swore it wasa virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yes it a right annoying problem. However, I solved mine by changing the sensitivity/pressure of the touchpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 josephiny

Cheers, I think you're right its my touchpad that's overly sensistive. At least I know now so it doesn't freak me out. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement